Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Seren Aur i Adam.

Diolch yn fawr i ti :), Mae eisie diddymu'r tuedd De ddwyrain 'ma

Thank you :). We need to nip this South East bias in the Bud.

Posted

I don't think there is conspiracy not to show Snow over Wales lol. That's a bit over the top. They're just showing whatever model and outcome the forecaster has decided to show. Ignore it and resort to this forum thread and nowcasting :)

You had any snow flurries this morning pal?

Posted

I must admit that given the uncertainties for my area for this low from the SW I would prefer it to remain cold but dry rather than "average" and wet. Nothing worse than cold rain..... and seeing others further inland get an absolute dumping again. I saw this many times during the fabled 70's and 80's. Yes, we got lucky one or two times and had snow (which more often than not proceeded to melt by mid morning) whilst watching TV and that program that used to be broadcast from Birmingham that had glass panels so that you could see outside.... and guess what they were having a dumping whilst we were swimming. Frustrating but I guess its what you get for living on the coast with fantastic beaches all around (great during the summer) but does not satisfy my hunger for what my brother had in Hampshire last Tuesday..... over 1 ft of snow and still stuck in his village. Jelousy in old age is a strange thing !!

WelshSnowFan (Swansea)

I grew up in Staffordshire during the 70s and 80s and often remember watching Pebble Mill (that programme) with the snow falling outside when we could not get to school. I now live in Swansea and as you say the compensation of great beaches does just about compensate for the (rare!) occasions that snow might fall, but doesn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hmmm, we have the odd cloud around but clear skies mostly, yet bits of very fine light snow grains floating around in the wind!

Posted

You had any snow flurries this morning pal?

Nope, lovely and sunny. Went for a driving lesson and headed for Llanelli, still some snow/ice on the beach car park/that area.

Another snow day here, and probably tomorrow, and hopefully Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :)

Posted

quick bit of advice here peeps please

the missus wants to go up to bristol to see her mate. she's taking our daughter as well

she's on about coming back tomorrow afternoon

wise, or not?

how bad do you think the snow will be tomorrow morning/afternoon?

bad enough to pose a risk?

no pressure like! :)

Posted

quick bit of advice here peeps please

the missus wants to go up to bristol to see her mate. she's taking our daughter as well

she's on about coming back tomorrow afternoon

wise, or not?

how bad do you think the snow will be tomorrow morning/afternoon?

bad enough to pose a risk?

no pressure like! :clap:

Don't think it will be bad at all really. The motorways should be no problem at all unless the snow sticks for a while and accumulations beat the grit (not that there is much grit left )

Be careful and make a wise decision tomorrow?

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Why don't BBC show snow though mate?

1. its very light but fairly persistant.

2. as we seen recently things change as the situation starts.

Its like forecasting the score for todays game, its easier after its started and you can see how its playing out, even then you get some surprises as we are pretty used to being bluebirds. Not always good!

Posted

hello from port talbot

temp at the mo is 0.2c

last night it got to -2.3c

a slight wind NE @11 Km/h

sunny day with a few clouds about with the odd snow flake

hope we get lots of snow from tonight onwards

Posted

Nope, lovely and sunny. Went for a driving lesson and headed for Llanelli, still some snow/ice on the beach car park/that area.

Another snow day here, and probably tomorrow, and hopefully Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday :clap:

Oh we've had light snow flurries last night from about 1-45 6o 3 o clock then i went to bed but woke up to fresh snow on glass house roof etc so must have carried on nothing spectacular and we had a continuous light flurry from about 15 past ten till now. nice :clap: unexpected gess that's what living on the mountain does altho the bigger mountains to my north suck the energy out i still catch them as their fizzling away. What still snow lying on the beach? that's quite something.

Posted

Don't think it will be bad at all really. The motorways should be no problem at all unless the snow sticks for a while and accumulations beat the grit (not that there is much grit left )

Be careful and make a wise decision tomorrow?

thanks

trouble is, she's on about going NOW.

oh well, looks like i'll just have to leave it in the lap of the gods! :clap:

Posted

Oh we've had light snow flurries last night from about 1-45 6o 3 o clock then i went to bed but woke up to fresh snow on glass house roof etc so must have carried on nothing spectacular and we had a continuous light flurry from about 15 past ten till now. nice :unsure: unexpected gess that's what living on the mountain does altho the bigger mountains to my north suck the energy out i still catch them as their fizzling away. What still snow lying on the beach? that's quite something.

Well the beach carpark had the snow.... and the harbour part of Llanelli North Dock (barraged off to sea) looked a bit icy I must say.

Edited by shaunwales

I grew up in Staffordshire during the 70s and 80s and often remember watching Pebble Mill (that programme) with the snow falling outside when we could not get to school. I now live in Swansea and as you say the compensation of great beaches does just about compensate for the (rare!) occasions that snow might fall, but doesn't.

Huge difference locally with the heights and more inland areas even within Swansea.

Posted

Huge difference locally with the heights and more inland areas even within Swansea.

Definetly, Look at Penllegaer, Fforest Fach, Brynmawr, Tycoch all have pretty good altitude considering their location and everytime ive been around swansea and ventured into the more elevated bits you see snow literaly within seconds of one place.

Posted

Definetly, Look at Penllegaer, Fforest Fach, Brynmawr, Tycoch all have pretty good altitude considering their location and everytime ive been around swansea and ventured into the more elevated bits you see snow literaly within seconds of one place.

What's your take on things for the amount of snow next few days mate?

Posted

What's your take on things for the amount of snow next few days mate?

Quite promising tbh although it won't be heavy its the continuity that's spectacular. Updated warning for tomorrow look rather perculiar to me tbh.

Posted

Quite promising tbh although it won't be heavy its the continuity that's spectacular. Updated warning for tomorrow look rather perculiar to me tbh.

Regional forecaster didn't show graphics on the snow for tomorrow lol.

Posted

You will see plenty Jay - over the following couple of days - if you really wanna see some snow now your welcome to help me get my car out of it with the help of the local farmer's tractor shortly today!!!!!!!!!

andy silly question here - and referring to metoffice aviation related forecasts i have access to, i am supposed to be doing a medi-vac on monday, offshore from norway to aberdeen - i am thinking this is very unlikely. you think i should wait or pass this onto another agency?

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted

Regional forecaster didn't show graphics on the snow for tomorrow lol.

forecaster speak for 'frankly, we haven't got a clue!'

Posted

Peculiar in what way?

The fact that the west midlands rite up to mersey has an advisory for sno then powys and north east wales doesnt but Anglesea and the south does?