Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

My son was hit by a single bolt from a snowcloud in Wales a few years ago. Lived to tell the tale but lost an eardrum...

Wow glad he was okay.I had never even heard about thundersnow until we had the storm on the 17th dec. Never thought and hoped i would see it again. nevermind, gone now.

Leigh on sea, southend should be getting it soon

Posted

sitting here in maldon essex,can a more seasoned pro give me a little outlook for the weekend,im hopin for heavy and prolonged snow? or am i clutchin at strawesdrinks.gif

Posted

Never seen thundersnow myself either so might stay up and wait for Clacton's snow to make it here (bloody better do! :wallbash: )

Looks like a smaller band is forming after this one now too?

Posted

maldon and burnham heading for you now

i hope so mate,i just want to stand out in the stuff,sad or wat lol,what u reckon for tomoz mattwhistling.gif

Posted

For anyone in my neck of the woods concerned that those strong cells out in the Estuary will follow up the Thames and dump on us, dont be; the onshore steering winds will keep us nicely protected and send the snow south east of here - a theme that will constantly repeat throughout the weekend :wallbash:

Will get a bit of transcient rubbish though.

Posted

Not wuch sign of the travel moving torwards easterly weather yet. The latest part of the Kent streamer looks like it may pass to the east of us, having been spot on for a while :wallbash:

Edit: I lied. Seems to be snowing somewhat. Bail out, bail out!

Edited by stun12

Posted

The blob has arrived! :wallbash: Just started snowing pellets. Awaiting the meatier stuff

Edit: Small flakes now, but snowing heavily and swirling in the wind. And now bigger flakes and really heavy!! Woohoo

Edited by Blackie

Posted

Can see the Clouds about to Hit me :wallbash:

SteveCoops we had masses of Thundersnow on Thursday 17th December at about 10pm and also Friday 18th December about 8am, quite widespread in the Southend area.

Paul S

Posted

i hope so mate,i just want to stand out in the stuff,sad or wat lol,what u reckon for tomoz mattwhistling.gif

i think lighter ones daytime 2mo with mayb longer spells snow 2mo eve, think be the wind big story all the snow lifting and blowing 40mph gusts

Posted

latest bbc forecaster now going for snow and showing it on the graphics 10-20cm in the se please happen thats all i can say shows it spreading quite far west on sunday but less snowfall the further inland you are.

Posted

i think lighter ones daytime 2mo with mayb longer spells snow 2mo eve, think be the wind big story all the snow lifting and blowing 40mph gusts

thanks matt,good job i got the day off then,that wind should make things interestinpardon.gif

Posted

Can see the Clouds about to Hit me whistling.gif

SteveCoops we had masses of Thundersnow on Thursday 17th December at about 10pm and also Friday 18th December about 8am, quite widespread in the Southend area.

Paul S

Heh I was very very drunk on Thursday eve at a christmas work do! And far too hungover Friday morning to notice :wallbash:

Posted

Can see the Clouds about to Hit me :wallbash:

Paul S

see

That was good, never seen Thunder snow before then! Never heard the thunder tho just seen the lightening and lots of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Just started to lightly snow in t wells EDIT:stopped now :wallbash: Another EDIT:starting again :)Final EDIT: stopped :clap:

Stick your location in your profile mate... makes your posts much more useful for us all :)

Showers just beginning to tickle a bit further west- Im not commenting on the Southend one at the moment- I dont want to jinx it-

Looks like a nice shower dropping into the NE coast of kent- margate way-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

total whiteout here in Hastings now; guess we've had a good 2" since early evening.

I think you had the joy of the remains of the streamer added to the lump. Another set due in about an hour judging by the radarry thing, currently hitting Essex and N Kent.