Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Everyone's back on Blobwatch! Love day's like this :)

"Blobwatch"! :unsure:

Posted

I think it's a case of the snow is there but it's just not showing up because it has the equivalent intensity of drizzle, which also doesn't normally show up on there. Persistent drizzle - widespread 5cm apparently

last post..and ramp

or Paul will dump me in a Kansas field with a F5

time for things to change further!!

post-3696-12629452554852_thumb.gif

Edited by dogs32

Posted

yes had a few light flurries that aren't showing up on the radar but it's spot on with the heavier stuff

Think we had a dusting overnight Cat... I'm just down the road from you and everything was much whiter out there this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Got the feeling it'll be heading SW a bit though... It's that big streak S of Eastbourne that seems to be growing towards us that interests me!

You know what, I had that suspicion earlier - however I have checked and checked again, and if it carries on its current course it is actually moving due south straight for us!

Although now latest radar suggests it is moving slightly W - arrghh the suspense!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Just took a measurement and we have had just short of 4" this morning in Whitstable.

Posted

Is that big blob over N Kent coming towards me!? :shok:

seems to be drifting somewhat further westwards

Drifting futher west than it was,i think :)

Posted

BBC24 forecast starting to back down from Carol's earlier snow forecasts. Chris Fawkes now showing snow for Saturday night going into Sunday

Yup as I said earlier this morning after it first aired, just another crap forecast from the Beeb.

Posted

Light snow now starting in Eastbourne....

Hi Jason

I am along the way at Peacehaven.

Is this 'Streamer' travelling West or South West, or might it slide right past us !!

Just your thoughts as I do not have access to the radars.

Cheers

Posted

Think we had a dusting overnight Cat... I'm just down the road from you and everything was much whiter out there this morning!

yeah agreed we've had a dusting, hopefully we'll get lucky today the heavier stuffseems to have skirted round us in all directions and now it's drifting sw but that blob south of eastbourne seems to be growing

Posted

yeah agreed we've had a dusting, hopefully we'll get lucky today the heavier stuffseems to have skirted round us in all directions and now it's drifting sw but that blob south of eastbourne seems to be growing

Seems to be magically growing all the time... Just clipping Dungeness now!

Posted

You can see why weather events of old perhaps allowed people to just enjoy the experience, you basically had radio, some TV forecasts and it obviously appeared to just happen and eventually just thaw. Expectations other than for perhaps the real pro's in those days who had access to whatever data was available, were never really able to be raised and dashed for the general public quite so quickly as they are now.

Communication tools (twitter/facebook/forums etc) allow people to almost report on every forecast or what is on the radar to friends, family and people afar.

It really is now quite an exceptional rollercoaster following what will, won't or might happen and whilst in some ways that in itself is a buzz, it does seem to account for why people get so downbeat the minute they here a slightly negative forecast.

We just seem to have access to so much information and therefore misinformation, it is now more about knowing who and what to refer to, to get some idea of what is about to happen.

Posted

Rather large and quite potent looking cloud appearing in the east now!

p.s snow shower recorded before lasted a whopping minute and consisited of about 6 flakes! :shok:

Posted

You can see why weather events of old perhaps allowed people to just enjoy the experience, you basically had radio, some TV forecasts and it obviously appeared to just happen and eventually just thaw. Expectations other than for perhaps the real pro's in those days who had access to whatever data was available, were never really able to be raised and dashed for the general public quite so quickly as they are now.

Communication tools (twitter/facebook/forums etc) allow people to almost report on every forecast or what is on the radar to friends, family and people afar.

It really is now quite an exceptional rollercoaster following what will, won't or might happen and whilst in some ways that in itself is a buzz, it does seem to account for why people get so downbeat the minute they here a slightly negative forecast.

We just seem to have access to so much information and therefore misinformation, it is now more about knowing who and what to refer to, to get some idea of what is about to happen.

VERY WELL PUT, Too Much Information, Too Many People providing miss information.

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

run the loop and look at 12 looks promising is that just growing on its own?

That radar was a big let down at this stage for the same time period yesterday (12pm onwards). Still would love it to be right and we saw some activity here in London, especially 9am saturday morning!

Posted

Light snow shower has just hit High Wycombe - our first since Wednesday morning! So pretty clap.gif

Posted

Fine, light flakes now in Folkestone. Wonder if it's to do with with that long streak in the channel?