Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

have had 14cm here since about 4ish :)

still some very light snow falling too - expect it to clear in the next hour or so,

tomorrow afternoon could be good too :)

Posted

It could get colder than I thought here, -4.9c already and dropping like a stone.

Mind, night before last it was -6.6c at 11pm then gradually rose until it steadied at -4c for the rest of the night.

Of course the difference is this time you have clear skies which will stay, the frontal system is what helped to rise the temps a little up there.

Posted

Where are you MW? Marden area?

Staplehurst, about 2 miles east of Marden.

the hook-feature I meantion earlier is practically surrounding me now on the NW radar!

Edit: blizzard-like conditions here, 15cm drifts

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Snow almost stopped now. 8 cm of fresh snow just west of Maidstone. Temp just dropped below freezing. Perfect.

Mark.

Still snowing here at the bottom of Farleigh Hill sniffermark so must still be snowing where you are too.

Posted

Anyone confident of taking a punt on what the weekend brings!? Low moving ne through France dumping on us, then dragging in easterlies?

Posted

Just gonna nip out and get some nice night photos. Change of plan, tomorrow night.

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

About 10cm level snow in South Maidstone. Apparently both Bluebell & Detling Hills closed by snow, ice & abandoned vehicles. Radio Kent providing a great public service, don't travel in this part of the world unless you have to.

We had heavy snow from 4pm to about 7pm, since then its been lighter and intermitent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes
cold.gifhere in hawkhurst near cranbrook we had around 8cm with very slight snowfall all day not adding to anything but in the last 30minutes snow has become very very heavy and we have got an extra 4cm

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

And it's STILL snowing :)

Posted

About 10cm level snow in South Maidstone. Apparently both Bluebell & Detling Hills closed by snow, ice & abandoned vehicles. Radio Kent providing a great public service, don't travel in this part of the world unless you have to.

We had heavy snow from 4pm to about 7pm, since then its been lighter and intermitent.

Where in South Maidstone are you?

Posted

Anyone confident of taking a punt on what the weekend brings!? Low moving ne through France dumping on us, then dragging in easterlies?

Looks like the front on Saturday Night into Sunday could be persistant through much of Sunday, though Low confidence over this. Im not sure yet about the Easterlies, but I would love it if Easterlies would come in!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still snowing lightly here, though worst is now to the S and SE and moving away, temp falling away - now -1.7°C.

Very sticky the snow this evening, trees and bushes are very laden with snow on branches, even though its breezy it's not coming off.

Posted

Still snowing heavily in Manston! Looking at the radar I'd say another hour of snow max.

Posted

i just posted this in the model section all i can is more snow snow and dumping snow!!!!! 10 and the 11th of Jan, plus my sister in lawphoned us she 10 miles at the coast in felixstowe they had 8 inches us hardly an inch !!!!

post-4629-12628072086852_thumb.gif

post-4629-12628072156552_thumb.gif

post-4629-12628072239252_thumb.gif

post-4629-12628072296752_thumb.gif

post-4629-12628072481552_thumb.gif

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Pretty much gone now from tonbridge but very grateful for what we have had...... :)

Posted

Hmmm Saturday/sunday's set-up is a real tricky one, a very broad region of precip could move in from France and spread across...however I suspect it won't be heavy but rather the light and presistant type...

Before then though could well see some showers moving off the north-sea into this region...

However one snow event at a time!

Posted

Something is afoot at Detling,snarled right up

post-8172-12628075910652_thumb.jpg

Posted

It's barely got going in Dover yet... but the radar shows it over us by about 20:30

And there's me thinking it would just breeze past quickly!!!!

Posted

Still snowing here at the bottom of Farleigh Hill sniffermark so must still be snowing where you are too.

I'm down by Barming Bridge. Just a few small flakes left now.