Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

starting to snow! very very light but its a sign!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Utterly crap AGAIN , we keep missing out from the good stuff :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted

Can somebody please explain to me how this works http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

What are all the numbers that you can click on just above map?

Thanks

The numbers on there show the number of hours elapsed since the model was run. So if you click on '03' it's for 3 hours after the model run time. Look in the top left corner of the map, that's where it states the run time of the model.

Posted

well done for everyone that has got snow so far.

Been viewing these boards since dec 09.

Could someone please let me know is peterborough going to get some snow in the coming days as all we have had is a dusting so far.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Tenterden (South Central Kent) about to get some heavy snow.

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

More heavy snow to come here from Maidstone way, going to be over 10cm by the time this lot clears later. Chaos on the roads in the morning as this freezes in the early hours, for those who are brave enough to drive.

Hi Nick,

Do you know much more we're expected to get here?

I just measured it and we've got 4.5 inches so far. I'm in Speldhurst by the way. :wallbash:

Posted

well done for everyone that has got snow so far.

Been viewing these boards since dec 09.

Could someone please let me know is peterborough going to get some snow in the coming days as all we have had is a dusting so far.

Hi Peterboroughman, The eye in the sky (TEITS for short) who is also from Peterborough says we will see some tomorrow onwards.

Me i am pessimistic and think we will just get more of the same, however TETIS knows more about weather then most so fingers crossed :wallbash:

Posted

The numbers on there show the number of hours elapsed since the model was run. So if you click on '03' it's for 3 hours after the model run time. Look in the top left corner of the map, that's where it states the run time of the model.

Thanks for that explaination, stupid me didn't notice the time on the map lol

Posted

Take it you got back from work to sunny Clacton okay ??

Posted

My son just phoned, coaches replacing trains between Ashford & Maidstone due to 2 trains stuck. Coach drivers wanted to drive direct to Maidstone but have been told to call at every station on route. I guess my son might get here by midnight :wallbash:

Snow eased off here a bit now.

Edited by k66yla

Posted

Still snowing in Iwade steadily. Very impressed with this streamer, dealt me a lot more than I was expecting, we will finish with around 4 inches and thats pretty much at sea level!!!!

And more tomorrow afternoon and eve, with up to 5cms and locally up to 10cms, so Kaddy just said on BBC SE forecast.

I have always liked Kaddy!!!air_kiss.gif

James

Posted

Looking at the latest NAE run, I reckon the snow could be quite persistent Thursday for our areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The snow band has finally arrived , it looks like heavy heavy snizzle... still not as good as what i was expecting :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow showers already heading towards Norwich on the radar, haven't had any yet though apart from a rogue flurry at around 4pm.

UEA must be well gritted as the snow thawed on the concrete within the main grounds of the university but nearby it has had little trouble settling and staying on concrete surfaces. 3cm here now.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Hi Nick,

Do you know much more we're expected to get here?

I just measured it and we've got 4.5 inches so far. I'm in Speldhurst by the way. :D

Probably another 2-3 cm before it clears from the north by midnight. Got about 4 inches (10cm) here near town centre, an extra 2-3cm fallen this evening.

Posted

We have a couple of cm's now in Manston and still snowing heavily. Grabbing a few pics also. :D

Posted

Tomorrow seems like its getting upgraded steadily, wouldn't be all that surprised for places to get between 5-8cms, the key thing this time is there shouldn't be much marginality because the winds are coming in from the NW at lower levels, so the showers rotate around the low, entering near the Wash then swinging down through EA+SE...

I'll have to keep an eye for that, esp if it comes early enough to be an issue for my journey...