Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

North Sea is 9C at the mouth of the estuary. That's down 2C from 11C on 25th December. Down 1C from 10C on the 1st Jan. On 10th Jan it could be down to 8C. if the GFS is working from 9C now rather than possible 8C by the weekend it might make some difference. After the weekend though.. not looking good. We need a high positioned so to reload the cold over Scandinavia.

http://forum.netweat...e-temperatures/

What would drive those temps back up?

Is it the sun or mixing flows? Anyone know how this works?

Posted

thats incredible.

confirmed via xcweather : http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

- but might that be a glitch in the weather station reporting that , as the surrounding stations are reporting more in the -5 to -7 kind of range?

-15 in Wilmslow nr Manchester.:( according to BBC

Posted

Cheers for the reply mate. Best make the most of any snow before sunday then? Wrong side of marginal into next wk im guessing then or just sunday?

Well Monday sees the flow turning ENE/E and we do start to import colder air, nothing too impressive but it would tip us right side of marginal again before the next slightly milder air comes in late Tuesday. So no its only a brief issue here, though to be honest its a bigger problem for you at least intially due to those NE winds.

Posted

Snowing here still in Dover... pretty heavy stuff as well... The Gritter come along earlier but it seems they are only doing some areas... usually they come up here and go up the hill but nope not this time, around the roundabout and straight back down the road.

Posted

Just saw BBC news 24 and no snow for EA Saturday:wallbash: What gives? Do the BBC know something different?:nonono:

Well BBC 1 clearly showed snow over North Norfolk and so did Look East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

thats incredible.

confirmed via xcweather : http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

- but might that be a glitch in the weather station reporting that , as the surrounding stations are reporting more in the -5 to -7 kind of range?

Nope on the latest BBC forecast they mentioned Benson, Oxfordshire is -13c and Wilmslow in Cheshire is currently -15c! And its only 11pm! There is a potential for some serious records to be broken tonight. Those temps could easily fall by another 4 or 5 degrees.

Peter Cockroft on BBC London even mentioned the London suburbs getting down to -7c. Central London -3c.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lets not worry about the dewpoints some 4days away ! , dewpoint forecasts like temp forecasts are not 100% accurate

Posted

the met office are blaming our cold spell on

... wait for it...

drum roll..

GLOBAL WARMING

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporate/pressoffice/2010/pr20100106b.html

they really can't help themselves can they?

It's blatantly obvious they have an agenda and that guy from the UKMO who keeps getting interviewed on bbc news 24 has to bring it into every interview. And the comments about Canada and NE USA are absolute rubbish and misleading, they had a warm November but so did Europe, whats that got to do with the winter? It's a bit like psychology, you have a hypothesis which you're trying to prove but what lengths would they be willing to go to, to prove their point!

The whole debate is being muddied by obvious political and business interests.

Posted

Mashing it down here , Mahoosive flakes!!!!

Typical ..spent the last 2 nights gazing out a control room window just up the road and saw barely anything..now at home in Herne Bay with nothing :nonono:

Posted

Well BBC 1 clearly showed snow over North Norfolk and so did Look East

Goes to show they have no agreement, they are hopeless.:nonono: Had any snow in Cley?

Posted

Goes to show they have no agreement, they are hopeless.:nonono: Had any snow in Cley?

Just a few bits this evening blowing through nothing of any interest and what we had before has now pretty much all gone but looking at that low I can't see how it can miss us on it's current track

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I remember the 1979 Feb Easterly - I was stranded in Mansfield in Notts for a week! It snowed heavily for 3 solid days, and in the day I could see the outline of the sun through the clouds - even though it was snowing. never seen anything like it then or since. I have always wondered why I could see the out line of the sun, any answers TEITS?

Yes i can remember during the Jan 1987 Easterly in essex, snow fell from clouds from which you could see a pale outline of the moon.

Posted

unbelievable. i see that as well. i wonder if any records will be set in England tonight?

wouldn't surprise me if rural areas east of manchester dip to around -18/19