Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Belting down in the city of london, and a mate said 4" of snow in East Grinstead

8 inches of snow here in North Oxfordshire near Bicester. Been snowing very heavily for 6hrs now.

Biggest snow fall in 30 yrs id guess

There isnt much wind but there are actuall 'drifts' on the pavements havent seen that before drinks.gif

Posted

Where in Surrey are you?

Near Caterham/Purley. Just been out and I can hear dripping. It's still snowing constantly but fairly small flakes. I'd be surprised if this changes over night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

too warm here... melting... it could all be all gone.... my thermometer says 0C but that just because it burried in the 1 or maybe 2 inch snowfall.

this really feels like a last minute downgrade

Edited by OldGreggsTundraBoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Before I go to bed can someone update me on what is likely to happen during the rest of tonight and into tomorrow? So far I have had a covering, but not an enormous amount, and it has been snowing lightly now for 90 mins.

Btw, my location is Sunbury near Heathrow

Posted

South Woodham Ferrers didn't get the sleet phase but we got a long snizzle phase. Heavy snizzle for about 30 minutes, then another 20 minutes of small snow and 10 minutes of proper snow... and then it stopped.

Total of 1 cm so presumably further north where it's colder they'll get about 2-4 cm if the PPN lasts there as long as here with same intensity.

Posted

Everything white here in Danbury now... mod snow yahoo.gif

you were right.. looks like it's pepped up a bit.

Posted

Surrey Hants border and into Berkshire are having the best of the snow at the moment

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Thats me!

I can confirm its just got heavier, been constant since 6pm although a lot of periods of light snow too. A good 5" at last look.

Off to bed soon. Will be up early to play in the snow!

Night all and good luck.

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted

Here's a quick picture from Bounds Green in North London. It's been snowing here since 22.15, always fairly moderately but steadily and so far we've built up about 3-5cm as the snow began settling instantly on the ice-cold ground. So far in that time the only thing that's been past the house have been some foxes. When the picture was taken the flakes were a bit small and weedy but as I type things have perked up again and there are nice big flakes briskly falling to the ground.

As with all things it looks a bit more impressive in real life than in the picture :rofl:.

post-11052-12627379080852_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Just started to snow here in Buntingford, North East Herts. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snowing heavily still here in Waltham Abbey have got about an inch so far :D

Posted

Well here now still 12-13cm....and thats it as now stopped, cant complain

Looking at radar we may get a bit more (Bracknell) but interesting as tomorrow will probably also bring some.

Posted

I am in Westbourne Grove...Strange coincidence, my sister lives in Twickers, is my niece gonna have a wonderful surprise tomorrow?

I have currently got about 3/4 of a cm here in Notting Hill, would be a lot more if it hadn't turned sleety, but it is trying to fall properly again, with some big flakes mixed in, but the latest radar is still a bit iffy. What we need is some convection from the Thames.

Very strange smile.gif Thanks for the info !

Just started a bit of sleet in twickers but enough ground snow that I dont think will matter to much,

the new pcp band just exiting the channel looks good for here so Im sure your niece will wake up to

a layer of snow with a reasonable depth...

Cheers

*** strike that back to snow already ***

Edited by Buzzit