Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Even a 4x4 would be useless here today. Anyone got a skidoo? If the forcasts are right for today through to saturday god knows how much we will have by the end!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Another couple of inches overnight, but most importantly school is shut for the first time since 1991! Over 6 inches in the garden now.

still chucking it down in byker if u went to bed b4 the site went down your going to be pleasently surprised in the morning in newcastle by the current snowfallrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Yep I was certainly pleasantly surprised :D

Posted

Hi All

Got a meeting in Chester-Le-Street driving up the A1 from York.

Does anyone have any forecasts for roads around this area?

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

Hi All

Cheers

As it was showers its a little hit and miss, we have around 30cm-40cm (Consett) lying so I wouldnt recomend it.

A1 has had various closures between Catterick and Newcastle so you will need to check with the traffic websites.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Hi All

Cheers

Things sounded very bad on Look North this morning, jackknifed lorries on the A1 and most people around here are staying off work / school.

Snowing again now, but not very heavily.

Posted

Are we going to see any more heavy snow today? its like living in Scandanavia up here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just got into work in Consett and the roads are ok. Took ages to dig my car out of the street but after that it was fine.

Amazing depths around this area, most I've ever seen. Think i'll go for a walk at lunchtime, it's hard work though, the snow is about my wellies!

Posted

Just got into work in Consett and the roads are ok. Took ages to dig my car out of the street but after that it was fine.

Amazing depths around this area, most I've ever seen. Think i'll go for a walk at lunchtime, it's hard work though, the snow is about my wellies!

the most iv'e seen since i was a bairn lol.

Posted

Snowing here again after 3-4" last night-its starting to look like a battlefield out there.Temperature is currently -2c and we now have heavy graupel coming down the chimney!.

Posted

morning guys, well glad to see that thaw didnt trouble us to much last night afterall, a few hail showers this morning but nothing to write home about.

Whats on the cards today, will we see some persistant snow fall today?

Posted

No. It's a gamble on showers.

It looks like the threat of heavy snow tomorrow may have receded too.

Posted

No. It's a gamble on showers.

It looks like the threat of heavy snow tomorrow may have receded too.

Really, oh well still been a good winter so far here but cannot help but feel a little dissapointed some how, I think its seeing other parts of north east and central and southern parts of the country getting battered by the snow.

I thought this spell may have beaten the best spell I have ever seen regarding snow amounts and that was back in ( if I remember ) it was late October/early november 1991/92 it snows consistanly for a week here, we were even off school for a couple of days.

but this current spell seems to be peetering out on us.

Posted

You're probably thinking of February 91.

yes will of been it was my first year in secondry, I remeber us wanting to go out and play football during P.E, teachers were having none of it ( bores that they are lol )

Posted

Really, oh well still been a good winter so far here but cannot help but feel a little dissapointed some how, I think its seeing other parts of north east and central and southern parts of the country getting battered by the snow.

I thought this spell may have beaten the best spell I have ever seen regarding snow amounts and that was back in ( if I remember ) it was late October/early november 1991/92 it snows consistanly for a week here, we were even off school for a couple of days.

November 1992/93 were both cold months.

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

The Met Office have updated their advisories and we are still included up to Saturday. Just been looking at the GFS charts though and I can't see anything significant.

Even with over 30cm I still want more!

Posted

i no how you feel, hope we get some more ,i loved feb 91 it was class for snow, hope we get a freak heavy snow shower over middlesbrough .

Posted

Had a decent dumping here in the early hours giving about 5 inches of new snow.Its now only possible to get out of my street if you have a vehicle with a high wheel base,normal cars are just grounding themselves!

A few pics..

those bins were clear last night.!

the icicles are getting silly now..:good:

the burden of snow is a heavy one.:huh:

Posted

i no how you feel, hope we get some more ,i loved feb 91 it was class for snow, hope we get a freak heavy snow shower over middlesbrough .

same here craig, you never can tell when we are due snow, it appears when we least expect it.

Posted

Some pics from around my street today. They're the biggest icicles I've ever seen in the first pic.

(How do I thumbnail the pics?)

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Edited by davyf