Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

Hi Everyone we have had some amazing snow, most ive ever seen to be honest, theres 3 and a half inches here with some patches deeper about 5 and some not as much, about 2 inches, I am in Sandown and me and my mates have had big snowball fights and made 2 men and then killed them lol.

Hopefully college will be called off tomorrow as i dont think the buses will be running.

Posted

id forget model watchin breakdown is close eastern areas look best for weekend.

and then breakdown from the west next week with possible mild southerlys gp did say febuary was looking very mild so treasure this moment most likely the lst event we will see until next year.

but my what a event its been excellent:drinks:

that snow will penetrate deep inland on that E/ENE as the wind is very strong

the breakdown is not yet confirmed and in fact the warm air could lose giving the south a royal dumping again

Posted

Just got my daughter to measure the snow, 23 cm / 9 inches, thast the highest I seen in my life in Reading and its still snowing! drunk.gif

That's exactly what I measured in my back garden, so I can corroborate your total. Easily the most since winter 81/2; I can't remember if December 1981 or January 1982 had the deepest snow, but I suspect December.

Kids were laughing at me earlier for digging out my car. I have experience of living in the US: dig your car out whilst it's still snowing; much easier than when it freezes overnight! Ran out of salt so I've bought a sack of cat litter. Everyone else's car in the street is still sitting in snow up to the doors...

Posted

that snow will penetrate deep inland on that E/ENE as the wind is very strong

the breakdown is not yet confirmed and in fact the warm air could lose giving the south a royal dumping again

I would agree with your take. Whilst I think we are unlikely to see an exact repeat of yesterday/ today's weather any time soon I would be amazed if we didn't see any more snow of note before this weekend is out. If the progged easterly/ north easterly comes good I would say the next 7 days at least are going to be worth watching.

L

...and the snow flurry has turned into proper snow again in the last few minutes in Stubbington.

L

Posted

Yep. We will see some flurries I expect on Friday & Saturday & it looks like we could see a band of heavier snow into Sunday, though of course nothing like we have seen yesterday/today...

Moderate snow falling now in Southsea again, already given a dusting on the tyre tracks in the road & on casr that had been cleared of snow... drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still heavy snow in Horndean/Waterlooville but very small dusty bits instead of 'proper' flakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello all.

My 6pm reading was approximately 140mm, so 5 2/3 inches in old change. Although nudging 160mm in places, it certainly was a memorable event having only ended in the last hour or so. The total snow event lasting 26 hours, wow!

Accoring to some reports, the next action it seems could be as soon as Friday or even tomorrow for the south-east.

Now gonna watch the temperatures plummet, -1.3c as I type, my Davis VP2 record (only had it a year and a bit) being -8.3c should be at risk.

Take it steady guys n gals

Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Finally stopped here in Horndean/Waterlooville as been going since 8.30 am - looking forward to the sunshine tomorrow that will make everything look nice and bright!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Things are already looking intresting for next few days, some showers can blow east towards Reading tommorrow, Friday again there is a chance for some more with higher probability, and the weekend, they already have South of UK on yellow by the MET for prolonged period of snow. cc_confused.gif