Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

here is what its like now! nearly 15cm!

Cant believe what bbc have shown for thursday and friday with that easterly! simply just AMAZING! drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

What have they given for Thursday/Friday? Stuck at work and everyone who drives in has used the snow as excuse to go home. I walk in so have to stay till 6 doh.gif . Did you notice what was going to occur for Chesterfield?

For info its very light snow in Chesterfield and has been since the main lot left us about 11ish. I can barely see it falling when looking out of the office window.

Edited by ianbillmorris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Am hoping that the heavier ppn moves west goes as far as Barnetby Top and reverses and comes back again. Am not greedy!

Your in for a treat SUFC.

Edited by rikki

Posted

look north offers a little bit more snow for here later today and overnight. i so hope there right. abot an inch of snow fell here this morning

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

What have they given for Thursday/Friday? Stuck at work and everyone who drives in has used the snow as excuse to go home. I walk in so have to stay till 6 doh.gif . Did you notice what was going to occur for Chesterfield?

For info its very light snow in Chesterfield and has been since the main lot left us about 11ish. I can barely see it falling when looking out of the office window.

the snow band moves south so you lot will be getting more! snow showers all the way to saturday reaching to the east of the pennines!

Posted

Temp dropping now down to 1.2C from a high of 1.8 at about midday.

Dew point still 1.0C

Snow almost stopped here but looking at the radar this is just a temporary reprieve!

Anyone seen a recent forecast for overnight?

Posted

Still snowing, no break since 7am. Had a walk to local shop, heavy slush on main roads.

8cm up to now, i hope those showers coming from the northeast tag onto this lot. :wallbash:

Posted

Still snowing, no break since 7am. Had a walk to local shop, heavy slush on main roads.

8cm up to now, i hope those showers coming from the northeast tag onto this lot. tease.gif

seems to have pepped up again in Leeds

LS11

Wife says it has not stopped at home in WF6

anyone over that way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

8cm up to now, i hope those showers coming from the northeast tag onto this lot. ;)

thats seems to be exactly what is happening :D

watching NW radar and the showers are blowing in and running straight into the ppn thats above us :clap:

Posted

hope all of you enjoy and make most of the snow!!!!

this was yesturday in the wolds!!!!

hope you all like it! its me and vizzy on the snowboard sk8 decks :clap:

Posted

Surprisingly, is starting to turn moderate to heavy again here in S12..

7 inches on the grass......and 6 inches and counting on the top of the motor :clap:

p1010524.th.jpg

Posted

Turned very light now with the temp at 0.4c. The snow is just to the north of me, say about 3 miles. Looks like it may pep up again in a bit. I'm expecting no more that cm for the rest of the day though :yahoo: The next main snow deliverer is going to be snow showers

Posted

to be honest spalding should have roughly the same amount as us from 3oclock onwards if not more. if forecasts are correct we can expect 5 cm tonight around here before tomorrows comes in. i know a little bit further north they have quite a bit more already from saturdays and late last nights falls.

Edit: our best bet for more significant snow is for tomorrow onwards IMO, today will be a bonus if we get anything.

Edited by dapick2002

Turned very light now with the temp at 0.4c. The snow is just to the north of me, say about 3 miles. Looks like it may pep up again in a bit. I'm expecting no more that cm for the rest of the day though :yahoo: The next main snow deliverer is going to be snow showers

Yes almost stopped here now, after a brief heavier burst. Hopefully some snow showers to come overnight :yahoo: