Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

First flakes here. Small ones -4.3c Not sleet thats for sure! drinks.gif

Nothing here yet — I'm almost exactly halfway between Leominster and Ludlow. You have given me hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

people in yorkshire and manchester area saying they have had 10-15cms so far

Can confirm 10cm of snow has fallen in south cheshire

And still snowing Manchester airport/Liverpool both shut until further notice

Enjoy later hope you get what we are getting

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

How have people got 10cm out of this?! :D

Have to admit, it does look pretty pathetic. Hopefully it will stall as promised though.

Posted

post-6740-12626774531125_thumb.png

Looks really good for some, Not very good for my area tho to far east for a change.

Posted

If Leicester get into the tailing end of the Manchester/Leeds stuff we will see many hours of Snow.

Depends which way it moves Chris, but I hope you get plenty. Its odd watching the BBC forecast earlier because although it looks like it may well snow here for most of the day, their main focus is the south. As usual its never mind the North, its those poor beggars in the south that need worrying about.

Posted

Given how unlucky our area has been so far, Ill take 5cm right now!!. Thats about two inches in proper measurement lol.

Posted

Depends which way it moves Chris, but I hope you get plenty. Its odd watching the BBC forecast earlier because although it looks like it may well snow here for most of the day, their main focus is the south. As usual its never mind the North, its those poor beggars in the south that need worrying about.

A gap in the heavier ppn is developing to my west , I hope this gap doesn;t keep moving east or I might miss the first lot of heavy stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

A gap in the heavier ppn is developing to my west , I hope this gap doesn;t keep moving east or I might miss the first lot of heavy stuff.

Grrrr is that PPN over Leeds area going to start moving straight South during the morning? It had better do because otherwise that small band of PPN over North Wales will be the one that hits us and that is the worst bit of the whole band :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Dont worry it will come , you can see it developing as it comes in now , also tonights a seperate event ! That will be big they feel.

P.S off topic i no , but iv got my own barbers in stratford , brookside road next to the chippy , bring your lads in for a chop it be funny to formaly meet another weather freek lol iv never met 1 face to face apart from myself lol!!

How funny, we go to that chippy quite a bit, it's the most local to us (we're in Wilmcote, just outside Stratford). I'll call in with the boys sometime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

How funny, we go to that chippy quite a bit, it's the most local to us (we're in Wilmcote, just outside Stratford). I'll call in with the boys sometime!

Lol , ok that be great, thanks

Posted

Grrrr is that PPN over Leeds area going to start moving straight South during the morning? It had better do because otherwise that small band of PPN over North Wales will be the one that hits us and that is the worst bit of the whole band <_<

Well it is forecast to move South , Even the SE are suppose to get into it later in the day.

Posted

Some very substantial echo's now being picked up by the radar in a line from the NW coast right across the country to the Hull area, we have already had large falls over night, plenty to come before heading south me thinks.

Posted

1cm dusting here so far, been snowing lightly for around an hour. I hope that heavy stuff over Cheshire finally makes it over to Leicester! It seems to have been stuck up there for hours :clap:

Still... Must not complain, looks really nice out there with the snow on the ground :D

We have a 3cm even cover now, simply from the showers which have fed off the Irish Sea all night. Wouldn't be surprised to see in excess of 10cm's by this time tommorow... all latest forecasts seem very promising and to be frank the constant showers throughout the night is simply a massive bonus.

I'm afraid that is now two areas demoted from the Midlands snowless premier League...come on Derby...you can win it! :cold:

Actually, we had our second largest snowfall of the winter. An immeasurable quantity of a dusting on about 75% of surfaces.

I can give you a good guess where that gap is developing <_< :lol:

Posted

The problem here at the Minute is were in SW winds, but Lunch time they will be West and By 3pm they should be Northerly and this should kick start the ppn into moving Southwards .

Posted

That radar is looking pretty sexy this morning <_<

Looks like on the Derby/Notts border we could quite a bit of snow, first from Stoke and then later on from the North?

Posted

I don't believe it, that gap in the PPN is heading straight for Leicester <_<

I'll go ape if we get the least snow out of the Midlands again and 20 miles away gets 2-3 inches more.

Posted

The streamer from the Irish Sea has now given way and the band is right on my doorstep. As I speak light snow has begun to fall. Been out for a quick measurement and we are sat at just over 3cm's even cover... could make double figures by the end of the day. Let the fun and games begin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I presume some variable is going to come into play and kick-start this band of ppn, otherwise the word 'damp squib' will soon be echoing around the west midlands!

Posted

We seriously need that gap to start filling it is getting bigger on the 8am radar.

Edited by andy_leics22