Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Has anybody noticed that the little band aheah of the main front that origonaly was manchester streamer has grown and intesified over the last hour???

Maybe its reacting to front itself i dont no .

Very interesting day tho i feel .

Posted

Weather expert that was in bbc radio leicester studio just said that heavier stuff will effect us from around 9am. This will then stay with us throughout the afternoon , looks like were gonna miss out on the heavier band tonight but showers should stay with us.

Oh my god Leicester is stupid , already had 2 school closures come in . :whistling:

How you reckon wel do today and tomorrow? I got a feeling were gonna end up about 25miles to far north east, we should definately still get a few cms but would love to end up with some of th heavier stuff.

Posted

hey im up guys!

not in work today so i'll either be here or out in the snow when it gets here!

cant wait. just been on the phone with dad who is living down in t/wells kent! he's gutted! lol!tongue.gif

Posted

How you reckon wel do today and tomorrow? I got a feeling were gonna end up about 25miles to far north east, we should definately still get a few cms but would love to end up with some of th heavier stuff.

Not sure , you stand a good chance of getting into the ehavier stuff tonight being further west , will be interesting to see what East midlands today show on the Graphics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Weather expert that was in bbc radio leicester studio just said that heavier stuff will effect us from around 9am. This will then stay with us throughout the afternoon , looks like were gonna miss out on the heavier band tonight but showers should stay with us.

Oh my god Leicester is stupid , already had 2 school closures come in . :)

2 school closures what the heck :whistling:

There is literally 1cm out there. I guess though because it's like -2 at the moment and I bet a lot of roads wont have been gritted, especially country roads then it will be difficult for some kids and teachers to get to school. The problem around my area on the Kingsway/Turnbull drive way is that the dusting we had on Saturday night had frozen over, not budged since then because it's only reached like 1c max in the day and then at night we have had hard frosts that have not melted during the day either lol. So underneath this dusting it is like an ice rink.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Nothing here yet, nothing close by either! Ho hum, off to wake the kiddies for school...

Posted

2 school closures what the heck :whistling:

There is literally 1cm out there. I guess though because it's like -2 at the moment and I bet a lot of roads wont have been gritted, especially country roads then it will be difficult for some kids and teachers to get to school. The problem around my area on the Kingsway/Turnbull drive way is that the dusting we had on Saturday night had frozen over, not budged since then because it's only reached like 1c max in the day and then at night we have had hard frosts that have not melted during the day either lol. So underneath this dusting it is like an ice rink.

I know !!!!!! I fell flat on my face cycling up Narborough road on the way back from town last night . Latest forecast on the Bbc website show our area just getting into the band of Snow over night , this is one of them times when being in South Leicester will really help us.

Posted

I know !!!!!! I fell flat on my face cycling up Narborough road on the way back from town last night . Latest forecast on the Bbc website show our area just getting into the band of Snow over night , this is one of them times when being in South Leicester will really help us.

Looking at the tv forecasts it looks like it sits around to our north for some time, then when it comes south picks up speed and moves through in a few hours. The heavier stuff from the south then appears to be to far south for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ouch!! Yeh it is incredibly dangerous on the paths and roads that haven't been gritted around here. I walked to the doctors earlier on around 4:30pm and I almost slipped over about 3 times and the doctors is only a 10 minute walk lol.

I am not too sure whats going to happen in that band tonight, it could be the difference between a few miles, I hope it isn't! We may see around 5cm from todays showers, if we get more tonight on top of that then it will be amazing because this snow won't budge for at least 5 days by the looks of things.

Posted

Fun and games continuing here. 7-8 hours of continuous light snowfall have produced 3-4cm's and heavier bursts are just 40-50 miles North of me now.

Posted

people in yorkshire and manchester area saying they have had 10-15cms so far

Posted

In my spot at the junction between the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire Pennines areas, it’s snowing hard and looks like it may do for most of the day, in fact it looks like we have had a fair amount overnight. No doubt the kids will be at home today, as they were yesterday, that’s despite the roads being clear. Given the possible continuation of this cold spell out towards the 2nd half of January and maybe beyond, I wonder how long it will be before we realise we can’t shut schools just because of a bit of the white stuff. Plus we haven’t had our bins collected for a month now, so that won’t be happening, seriously thinking of taking them to the council offices and dumping them there.

Posted

Flippin eck :lazy:

As it it getting light it seems to be coming down heavier here now. I thought we would be missing it by the look of the radar. The stuff in the South and the stuff in the North , where this happens is the place that will see up to 30cm. I am also keeping an eye on Saturday the Models have shown a band stalling over us for quite a few model runs now.

I missed a word in that The North ppn and South will merge. and where that happens is who will get the most snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some Big totals from those in the NW! Were really in for it if it stays as predicted! :D

Posted

In my spot at the junction between the North West, Midlands and Yorkshire Pennines areas, it’s snowing hard and looks like it may do for most of the day, in fact it looks like we have had a fair amount overnight. No doubt the kids will be at home today, as they were yesterday, that’s despite the roads being clear. Given the possible continuation of this cold spell out towards the 2nd half of January and maybe beyond, I wonder how long it will be before we realise we can’t shut schools just because of a bit of the white stuff. Plus we haven’t had our bins collected for a month now, so that won’t be happening, seriously thinking of taking them to the council offices and dumping them there.

If Leicester get into the tailing end of the Manchester/Leeds stuff we will see many hours of Snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hope it gets as far as us, for the kids sake, young & old :-) (Stourport on Severn)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Nothing here yet, nothing close by either! Ho hum, off to wake the kiddies for school...

Dont worry it will come , you can see it developing as it comes in now , also tonights a seperate event ! That will be big they feel.

P.S off topic i no , but iv got my own barbers in stratford , brookside road next to the chippy , bring your lads in for a chop it be funny to formaly meet another weather freek lol iv never met 1 face to face apart from myself lol!!

Posted

Some Big totals from those in the NW! Were really in for it if it stays as predicted! :D

Most of the snow in the N/W was from streamers, nothing to do with the main front, lucky buggers still have that to come