Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

For here as of weds the BBC forecast sun on weds, light snow thurs and sun on fri. So this snowy week, does anyone actually know where it's meant to be snowy? I've got it as Kent/EA. Which will fit in with the weather advisories.

Ermmm , is that the website forecast?. Because it looks it :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

You just know the 'big snow event' wont happen, lol

STOPPED BEING NEGATIVE WAIT AND SEE. YOU NEVER KNOW A WEEK IS LONG TIME

Posted

Our weekend snow-storm from the East is cancelled on the 18Z.

Out to T+144 is VERY different from the earlier runs and other models wallbash.gif

i dont know why people can be so down beat in the south east about 1 run it still gives plenty of potential snow fall from wed- sat! so would we want a major snow storm after all of that snow? any way its one run and the snow storm could be back on tommorrow runs?

Posted

Wait for tomorrows 12z and meto update , that low in the med which will send all that energy towards the SE this weekend is just a tad to far away for the models to firm up . Although I'm really hoping that the 18z is being true to form and hasn't picked up on a new evoultion of synpotics for the weekend . It won't be the first time a big easterly event has gone down the pan at T 144 be warned !!!

Posted

Wow! Radar is alive biggrin.gif

Heavy snow in touching distance

Neilsouth you have repeatedly said we will get this snow,please help me and explain if and when we might get a good covering,i love watching what you guys write and am very interested in the weather ,i am not an expert by any means but want to learn about the weather especially cold and snow,tell me is the weekend weather cancelled like some are saying???????????

snow that is??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

STOPPED BEING NEGATIVE WAIT AND SEE. YOU NEVER KNOW A WEEK IS LONG TIME

Exactly, a week is a long time, thats what Im worried about, lol

Posted

Neilsouth you have repeatedly said we will get this snow,please help me and explain if and when we might get a good covering,i love watching what you guys write and am very interested in the weather ,i am not an expert by any means but want to learn about the weather especially cold and snow,tell me is the weekend weather cancelled like some are saying???????????

snow that is??

When have i said Brighton would get this snow? , im talking about my area

Posted

I'm hoping that big shower heads for Dover, at the moment it looks like it is and building all the time!

Posted

I'm hoping that big shower heads for Dover, at the moment it looks like it is and building all the time!

I think you will get the less intense side of it though as you said it is building all the time!

Dies pretty quickly inland though :)

Posted

Big slow moving shower heading towards Kent, expect 1-2cms possibly from this...

Anyway the 18z is a upgrade for northern parts of EA, a huge downgrade further south, though southern/eastern Kent and Sussex would still do fairly well from the fronts positioning...still I'm hoping the LP sets up just a little further t othe NW then the 18z progs.

Regardless most in this area still look likely to get 5-10cms of snow regardless of what the models suggest...and on top of that it will be bitterly cold!

Posted

snow that is??

i think you might be in for a chance of some snow tonight ,i might be wrong but looking at a local station to you its possible but dont sit up waiting because i said it might ,it might not ,to be honest ,i think its going to snow from tuesday-wed time ,no idea how much or if its going to be this fantastic freeze but i will snow ,you must of heard the saying when someone "changes like the weather " and the English are known round the world for chatting about weather

Posted

Big slow moving shower heading towards Kent, expect 1-2cms possibly from this...

Anyway the 18z is a upgrade for northern parts of EA, a huge downgrade further south, though southern/eastern Kent and Sussex would still do fairly well from the fronts positioning...still I'm hoping the LP sets up just a little further t othe NW then the 18z progs.

Is this all week or just tues-wed? , i'm hopeing that little low will be just a little further east in the north sea. The friday one well , unsure :)

Posted

When have i said Brighton would get this snow? , im talking about my area

Sorry i apologise,must have missread your posts,but i am asking for your advice as you seem to know what you are talking about and i dont lol,was just wondering if you knew if Brighton MIGHT get snow at the weekend or has it dissapeared like some are saying?????????/

Posted

Regardless most in this area still look likely to get 5-10cms of snow regardless of what the models suggest...and on top of that it will be bitterly cold!

Yippie! Bring it on. Norfolk is ready :cold::whistling:

Posted

Am I right in thinking that Rain Today is subscription only from tomorrow?

I believe it's just the precipitation TYPE , could be wrong...

But use this http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

Posted

Am I right in thinking that Rain Today is subscription only from tomorrow?

It will still be free, but will only show precipitation - not what type of precipitation.

Posted

i think you might be in for a chance of some snow tonight ,i might be wrong but looking at a local station to you its possible but dont sit up waiting because i said it might ,it might not ,to be honest ,i think its going to snow from tuesday-wed time ,no idea how much or if its going to be this fantastic freeze but i will snow ,you must of heard the saying when someone "changes like the weather " and the English are known round the world for chatting about weather

Thanks for a nice honest answer,i wont stay up lol,but will keep my fingers crossed for a covering of snow by the end of the week MAYBE LOLcc_confused.gif

Posted

LARGE flakes!!! It's coming down now :whistling::cold:

Looking good for canterbury & Faversham

Posted

I really wouldn't worry too much at this stage! Nothing is set in stone yet for Friday/Saturday and like others have said, it's just ONE run.. dosen't mean its going to happen!. Im sure there will be some surprises :whistling:.....................