Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Am really bored as not had a flake,are we in Brighton going to get any snow,as all the predictions from the forecasters are different,please someone help lol,am getting so excited about the snow but starting to think it wont happencray.gif Was so dissapointed with the country file forecast,really thought there was going to be lots more snow falling ????????

Don't despair! Tuesday night/Wednesday morning looks really good for you at the moment. Patience has it's own reward. Dunno what that means but sounds good.:cold:

Posted

Snow shower a bit heavier than everything else that has fallen today and it leaving a covering on the roofs. Wind speed 0mph from the NE :cold:

Paul S

Posted

Thanks snowmania,i hope your right,really would love too see some good amounts of snow falling soon loldrinks.gif

Indeed! I wish you all the best! us down on the south coast seem to miss out on most snow events, or get one event then it rains the next time and snows 20 miles north! Ahh well only time will tell! :clap:

Posted

Our weekend snow-storm from the East is cancelled on the 18Z.

Out to T+144 is VERY different from the earlier runs and other models wallbash.gif

Isn't it a bit unreliable anyway out that far? A lot can happen in that time.

Posted

Don't despair! Tuesday night/Wednesday morning looks really good for you at the moment. Patience has it's own reward. Dunno what that means but sounds good.unknw.gif

Thanks hun,but people are now saying that the weekend snow is now cancelled,what is going on ,i really am no expert in this field but am completely confused lol,and believe me it dont take a lot lolcc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It's coming!!

Deep orange sky here :clap:

Posted

Is this going to make its way though my way, looking at the returned it seems to be heading straight for me...?

And if it could just move another mile to the west...

Posted

Thanks hun,but people are now saying that the weekend snow is now cancelled,what is going on ,i really am no expert in this field but am completely confused lol,and believe me it dont take a lot lolcc_confused.gif

It is still showing some for us on Saturday and light snow early Sunday with some heavier stuff looking to come in also but the charts are still coming out slowly for the precip so not sure yet but looking good to me. Mind you I don't have any technical knowledge and have often been disappointed before.

No checked again and just light snow for Sunday but remember that is a long way ahead and an awful lot can change before then, but Tues Wed looking very good as it is closer.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

To be honest, you get to know the decent down to earth posters, the rampers and those that crack open the prozac at every run the longer you are with this site (those are on my ignore list).

Give it 6 hours, and the board will be breaking open the champers again!

Seriously, I would recommend reading balanced posts from the likes of Steve Murr, Nick F, Paul Sherman, TETIS, John Holmes and a few others, and you will stay sane. Either that, or do what I did, and had a break from the model watching. I didnt quite manage the 48 hours I said last night, the cold turkey was too strong to fight! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Easily make a 100 if the snow really gets going. Or will we all just be glued to the window watching those 50p size flakes driving past on an easterly wind?:clap:

I keep watching that snow moving westward and wondering..... wondering .... wondering, will it reach me? Probably not but I will give it until midnight until I go off to bed.

Even then I will peer out the window every time I wake.

Well i need to go to bed, normality returns from tommorow, sigh. I agree with your earlier reply, these damn downs! still there is more shower activity looming in the NE, fingers crossed they make it too you before fizzling out.

Posted

just came out the Indian rest. to bitter temps and light snow

Posted

Had a couple decent flurries in last hour or two here in Southend - just hope a bit more will blow in and get us instead of Herne Bay and Margate... Maybe I should sit on the end of the pier :air_kiss:

Cheers,

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Wow! Radar is alive :air_kiss:

Heavy snow in touching distance

Posted

It is still showing some for us on Saturday and light snow early Sunday with some heavier stuff looking to come in also but the charts are still coming out slowly for the precip so not sure yet but looking good to me. Mind you I don't have any technical knowledge and have often been disappointed before.

No checked again and just light snow for Sunday but remember that is a long way ahead and an awful lot can change before then, but Tues Wed looking very good as it is closer.

Thanks again,am going to my bed,as this is all to stressfull lol,fingers crossed we get the white stuff and in huge amounts,night allgood.gif

Posted

For here as of weds the BBC forecast sun on weds, light snow thurs and sun on fri. So this snowy week, does anyone actually know where it's meant to be snowy? I've got it as Kent/EA. Which will fit in with the weather advisories.