Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Tues/Weds is currently looking very good. To miss out this time we'd have to be extremely unlucky as the majority of the model output shows that snow making good progress inland on Tuesday with a particular emphasis over Lincs/Northants/Cambs and fairly intense at times too, enough to give a good covering at the very least.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll beat Dec 18's 5cm. But perhaps not by much. Still, it will be a lot colder this time. And there'll be scope for topups right the way through the week!

Us in the midlands unlucky at snow time? Surely that could never happen :whistling:

I do think that the snow will make it's way across to us on tuesday. I must admit that Monday night would be more convenient for me!!!

Posted

You big tease! If you could find the date that would be great, would be interesting to compare charts, etc... :whistling:

Hi NorthantsSnow, where abouts in Northampton are you ?

Posted

Just put the bins out and feels really cold, hard frost developing, car windscreens are frosted over solid. Feels bitter, dont know what current temp is though.

Edited by Frank

Posted

Hello there. I'm in the NN2/Kingsley Park area.

Yourself? :cold:

Hi There!

I know the area well my nan and pap used to live their years ago, i am in Far Cotton.

Been a member on here for some years but not posted for a good while although been trying to keep up to date with the weather threads for this coming week :)

Posted

The best winter that i remember is 1976, it was the winter we had 6 odd foot drifts, similar setup to whats forecast i think? Showing my age a little now :) lol. I was about 9 at that time, my sister was born then and nearly had to be delivered in the ambulance....oh the :cold: memories!

ooops Sorry gone off topic :)

Edited by Frank

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very cold tonight in Coventry -6c now.

Posted

A very cold night for the Midlands, esp for central and western areas, temps down to -5/6/7c quite widely. Given this I'd imagine quite a few places will end up staying below freezing tomorrow with regards to the maxes, so a very bitter day tomorrow thats for sure!

Posted

It's all gone quiet in here...has everyone been at Andy's quiche or something? :cold: :cold:

To make this weather related, I've just stuck my hand out of the window and it's cold outside. I can't be of more help, my weather station went on the blink a couple of years back and I never fixed it... :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight low of -5.2c at 07:37

Posted

will have to walk to work this morning, still have 4 inches of snow everywhere and temps at 8.30am down to -9.0, WHOA.

role on more snow, at this rate no one is driving anywhere of my estate. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

What is that just to the NW of Northampton. Does it show up anywhere else?

http://www.meteox.co...lon=5.888671875

Just noticed that myself on raintoday ! Havent got a clueunknw.gif

But if it does exist its heading towards you ....

EDIT...Was heading towards you, on raintoday the 8am update just halved its size.

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Just noticed that myself on raintoday ! Havent got a clueunknw.gif

But if it does exist its heading towards you ....

EDIT...Was heading towards you, on raintoday the 8am update just halved its size.

I'll keep an eye out the window, think it might just miss me I am south of the M1, but the guys in Wellingborough and Rushden look on course.

Posted

Just heard on local radio that the snow is expected to start here in Northampton about midday tomorrow and become heavy through the afternoon and evening, same for wednesday and said possibly the rest of the week.

Its usually a pretty accurate forcast too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

-6.3C now the minimum, I noticed at around 10.30pm high cloud rolled in and temps did rise, reached -3.8C as a maximum in the night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

I'll keep an eye out the window, think it might just miss me I am south of the M1, but the guys in Wellingborough and Rushden look on course.

Corby and Kettering too, however it may not even be there!! Strange how two sites have it though??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

What is that just to the NW of Northampton. Does it show up anywhere else?

http://www.meteox.co...lon=5.888671875

Just an anaprop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

peter gibbs was ramping up the snow potential on the bbc this morning. he was talking about a band of rain, sleet and snow moving down from the north tomorrow :cold:

bbc website shows it all as rain