Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Welcome to the both of you, the forums at this sort of time become a big mash up of opinions and 'ramping' but just try to pick through it the best you can and do not be afraid to ask questions, to anyone.

As the header on this board says "we are a community" and try to help each other along as best we can smile.gif

also a bit of banter thrown in with an "on topic" point of view makes this place really fun. tongue.gif

Eek?! this lot is a bit close to me for me to go to bed now??

http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html

And worst still, I've run out of beer...hmm? I think there's a botle of Bailey's left from christmas somewhere drunk.gif

ermmm! dont know whether to go to bed now or not! i might miss somthing drinks.gif

Posted

Welcome to the both of you, the forums at this sort of time become a big mash up of opinions and 'ramping' but just try to pick through it the best you can and do not be afraid to ask questions, to anyone.

As the header on this board says "we are a community" and try to help each other along as best we can :D

also a bit of banter thrown in with an "on topic" point of view makes this place really fun. :p

Eek?! this lot is a bit close to me for me to go to bed now??

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

And worst still, I've run out of beer...hmm? I think there's a botle of Bailey's left from christmas somewhere :cold:

Ul be better off going bed for 6 hours then waking up, that precip aint going anywhere fast

Posted

Ul be better off going bed for 6 hours then waking up, that precip aint going anywhere fast

Erm and waste 6 hours drinking time?........meh! maybe you are right, I'll give it 5 hours then sleep :cold:

By heck as like! I'm a cumulonimbus now??? when did that happen? I usually talk such rubbish?

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Certainly is a good GFS 18z run for all of us, however i would urge a little caution as the NAE run (which is used my the met office and BBC) keeps the risk further south. Hopefully it does come further north because you lot deserve a bit of snow!! smile.gif

Still gives you around 5cm though!!

post-6181-12626468019825_thumb.gif

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You see where that 33 is on that map? That's where I live. East Dorset. And bugger me, what happens, I'm not there. No, I'm in Nottingham (NG7 for those who want to know), where it would normally snow a damn sight more. I'm wondering if I've made the right decision in coming up north for snow.

If people back home get much more now than I do, I will be seriously unhappy.

Jon. Currently in NG7, permanently BH31. :cold:

Posted

Heavy snow here on the Staffordshire Cheshire border.

Posted

its looking great for us in the snow starved midlands. But personally im not ramping it up till i see the stuff falling from the sky, been let down too many times over the past few weeks, i just hope come tommorow morning people aint seraching for the prozac again. It does look good though but i just wont believe it till i see it :D