Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Ross B

Posted

its all rubbish!!!

still on and off here, just looked at the forecast for our area over the next 5 days from another thread on here, says we are due for snow every day :cold:, with today been the least likely for snow and more sleet which is what has happened.

Posted

Video I took on my mobile during my own decent (even know it was rubbish) snow shower.

Might not work yet as i've only just uploaded it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

That's my lot for tonight- a cold clear night to follow with most of that 12cm snow cover still intact, though I had been hoping that it would at least sustain a similar depth through to tomorrow morning- as it is, I think a good 2-3cm has probably been shaved off it. Tomorrow will certainly be interesting, but it all depends on whether the precipitation holds off until the cold upper air reaches us.

Posted

I'm travelling from Middlesbrough To Portsmouth tomorrow, the weather isn't going to be too bad is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Another snow shower here albeit light now moderate doubt it will lay though

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

That's my lot for tonight- a cold clear night to follow with most of that 12cm snow cover still intact, though I had been hoping that it would at least sustain a similar depth through to tomorrow morning- as it is, I think a good 2-3cm has probably been shaved off it. Tomorrow will certainly be interesting, but it all depends on whether the precipitation holds off until the cold upper air reaches us.

The good news is that the "mild sector" that was over us has gone and uppers are probably a degree or so colder. Plus the PPN is not suppose to arrive until around mid morning so i would imagine the cold air will be over us by then. The wind does not really start to increase until the afternoon which by then the trough has probably left us and it might be followed on by some snow showers.

I won't be surprised if it's an all snow event, i just the PPN will be heavy.

Posted

back below freezing again now here.

is the organised ppn in scotland the ocluded front shown on the fax charts?

will the ppn be marginal in terms of rain/snow?

Edited by izi

Posted

Will that band of snow move se across us? if so some decent falls possible?

Posted

back below freezing again now here.

is the organised ppn in scotland the ocluded front shown on the fax charts?

will the ppn be marginal in terms of rain/snow?

Sorry to intervene on your thread guys, but i thought i would share something with everyone..

Tonights sleet/wet snow for you guys, you was very lucky because the warmer sector that was modeled on the GFS really really ended up tiny, so for some areas it was just a case of being very unlucky.

The models keep updating and making less of the warm sectors within the LP.

I think NE areas will be fine tomorrow, i'm just a tad worried about my own area during the afternoon. The earlier the precipitation hit's the better for all of us.

Best of luck tomorrow,

Lewis

Posted

That band of snow i mentioned must be moving in land now my sky is fully covered in clouds dry.gif

Posted

That band of snow i mentioned must be moving in land now my sky is fully covered in clouds dry.gif

What band of snow?

Posted

What band of snow?

Look at the radar mate and it might be showers merged into a band of snow :diablo:

Posted

thats it just making landfall on the coast near us!

Posted

moving away from us, the cleveland hills are getting all that, whitby and other places will be getting that soon.

Where is the snow coming from for tomorrow morning?

Posted

Damn aggressive.gif Im not sure mate?

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

moving away from us, the cleveland hills are getting all that, whitby and other places will be getting that soon.

Where is the snow coming from for tomorrow morning?

the stuf in scotland, although it needs to pep up a wee bit!

Posted

Well just watched weather view nd its looking promising from the BBC's point of view, a band of snow showers moving through the region tomorrow lunch-late lunch clearing the region before dark leaving scattered showers behind it, sunday more snow showers same with monday quite widespread on sunday before heavy snow on tuesday! :cray: all to play for me thinks!

Posted

Well just watched weather view nd its looking promising from the BBC's point of view, a band of snow showers moving through the region tomorrow lunch-late lunch clearing the region before dark leaving scattered showers behind it, sunday more snow showers same with monday quite widespread on sunday before heavy snow on tuesday! :( all to play for me thinks!

We could actually see what the southerners did in February this year.

Posted

We could actually see what the southerners did in February this year.

that wud be nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Cold and clear here at the moment. There was a slight thaw this evening when the temps must of rose briefly however everything has frozen back up now.

Theres around 10-12cm of level snow and with the possibility of more snow over the next few days hopefully we will end up with a good depth of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Had 12cm of fresh snow on car today, took 3 hrs to clear drive (work for emergency services so have obligation to work), but was shocked at lack of notice. Took my lab out for walk and the snow covered all of his legs so prob about 10 inches still lying, plus frozen stuff under his paw prints. This reminds me of when I was young, and snow was up to my waist though was a short 5 yr old at time.

Good to see the solar year cycle coming back into fruition, shame the warming do gooders cant see the obvious. (check up last years old farmers almagnac who predicted 2010 being mega cold (predicted USA's record cold/snow over 1 year ago)

Posted

Hard too tell what to make of the band, some areas might see snow but it looks like we are getting the fragmented stuff BUT how will it behave as the low fills and head South.

Tough one to call, to be on the safe side, i would not mind being in Southern Durham and Teesside but i don't know. I just which it was the same intensity is the same along all the band, its just typical that the heavier stuff is out into the North Sea.