Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

hope it comes here, is a warning out for the eastern half of the W midlands, clouds do seem to be moving as though I may catch a few, certainly looks better than that horror 20th Dec

The warning for Staffordshire only affects the north of the county, ties in with the radar really.

Posted

yay, snow shower left dusting, cheshire gap looks active right now, although most of that went to my west, shrewsbury guys will be on soon with inches!

Sill the ame sugar dusting here?

Where did these potential inches go???

Metoffice forecast looking good

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/shrewsbury_forecast_weather.html

Posted

BBC are still playing down the coming cold spellwallbash.gif

why dont they grow a pair of balls and just tell the truth.mad.gif

Just thinking the same. Just saw the 10am forecast on N24 and the headline for next week was "staying cold, snow at times", not exactly giving much away!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

I think u could catch the edge of the streamer but I'm look just something developing in the Irish sea which direction could maybe hit here! Don't no if I'm just been crazy though! Ha

Posted

Hi WE.

Only just checked the METO radar, and that ppn coming out of Manchester, does appear to have intensified, and potentially looking like hitting Derbyshire more than Staffs. To be fair, you are completely at the other end of Derbyshire to me, but directionally, it looks good.

Good to hear as well that Staffs have got some more snow (so no moaning folks....thats at least two occasions you have had snow where South Derbyshire hasn't :cray:).

This is what a number of people have said though about this spell. It was, and still will be, progged as being a dry spell. However, features will appear in the shorter time frame that may benefit us.

Interesting night as well. Whilst we seemed to have had a partly cloud covered night, we still have a frost. Looking like the cold spell has now kicked in.

HI SB looking at the BBC forecast this morning it looks like you will get snow later, however they did not pick this band up, as none was forecast for this area this morning, with that level of uncertainty it could be a good day for many.

Posted

looks like upto 12 hours of snow for parts of the midlands based on the 06z :rolleyes:

Midday to midnight tonight.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

The showers are taking the same track as a couple of weeks ago - thru Manchester, missing here and on into Derbyshire. Like then, the dark clouds are to my NE with clear skies to my SW ! Frustration again for Staffs,Shrops and the West Mids.

Not particularly bothered as the sun ain't moving my sugar dusting, and something could pop up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The showers are taking the same track as a couple of weeks ago - thru Manchester, missing here and on into Derbyshire. Like then, the dark clouds are to my NE with clear skies to my SW ! Frustration again for Staffs,Shrops and the West Mids.

i know going to miss these, cheshire gap dosen't work here now, what about main trough tonight? still may hit that

Posted

i know going to miss these, cheshire gap dosen't work here now, what about main trough tonight? still may hit that

i dont no there seems to be something just in the chesire gap now developing which would bring it more this way... we will see

Posted

i dont no there seems to be something just in the chesire gap now developing which would bring it more this way... we will see

thing is completely blue to my NW :rolleyes: , but next week looking better for snow

Posted

Funnily enough Ian, the dark clouds are also to my n/e and North. To the North West are much lighter coloured clouds, even with breaks in them.

Anyway, I think I missed the snow a couple of weeks ago...well, probably the best of it, with just a few snow showers.

Posted

Im expecting these showers to move on a more southerly track as the day goes on. Anywhere in the midlands could catch one of those showers in the north west. its already clear to see that the point of origin is further south now than a couple of hours ago, so they should move into the midlands the ones that are forming at the moment.

Posted

morning all, just been to my garage and we have snow flakes falling ! not many but it is coming down they are about the size of a 10p piece. sky is grey also temp on my station is 0.3C we`ll see what happens later good luck to all that want snow!! :rolleyes::)

just noticed shiny bottoms on ! have you got the flakes mate dont know where in Derby you are but just checked an

and its still there.

Edited by doublebarrel

Posted

thing is completely blue to my NW :) , but next week looking better for snow

well what imlooking at is something thats still over the irish sea which is just nw of the gap! looks like something maybe developing there! like a branch of the main bit of ppt!

Posted

well what imlooking at is something thats still over the irish sea which is just nw of the gap! looks like something maybe developing there! like a branch of the main bit of ppt!

Yeah that looks a bit more interesting, if it continues on its current track and doesn't weaken too much we could be in business there!

Posted

hopefully. I see you are 191m asl, good height, wish I was