Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

January Snow Reports

grab my graupel

Posted

Had some very marginal sleet and snow which has just cleared away, started off as rain and gradually turned to sleet and then flicked between heavy sleet and heavy snow for about half an hour.

Had a couple of light snow showers this morning which made the place look as though icing sugar had been thrown about.

Posted

Very heavy snow overnight & this afternoon and still continuing now with blizzard conditions.

Total whiteout at the moment. Some pics from earlier this pm

post-3616-12627099845352_thumb.jpg

post-3616-12627100264552_thumb.jpg

post-3616-12627100752052_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

A few light snow showers In Eastbourne from midday to about 2pm

Just a small note and hope it doesnt sound to whingy, can everyone remember that these are the Snow Report pages, not the it hasnt snowed here yet pages, makes it much easier for all to find where it has snowed then.

Ta very much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Very heavy snow overnight & this afternoon and still continuing now with blizzard conditions.

Total whiteout at the moment. Some pics from earlier this pm

Thats epic, beeb forcasting heavy snow tonight for us here in Gloucester and up to 40cms in the Wiltshire Downs. We had heavy snow for ~1 hour earlier which gave an inch and its been snowing gently since but I cant see us getting alot more really unless something happens later tonight. I would upload pics of snow on the iced over docks in Glos but I cant find my usb cable :yahoo:

Posted

depth currently on 14cm here

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Intermittent light snow since 11am, with the odd moderate burst, producing a cover of 0.5 cm.

Currently, light snow with a 100% cover of little more than 0.5cm. Temperature –0.5c

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

Just had a few heavy shower so now measuring at 13 inches

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

Some heavy snow and hail showers here today adding another 2 inches to the existing cover.

Also a few reports of thundersnow in the northeast today.

Posted

It has begun to snow again here now and I'll bet a lot of this nice crispy snow I was out in earlier has now frozen solid, I was supposed to be going for a holiday over to manchester from thursday morning to monday though I'm not sure that is going to happen if this weather persists.

I have a few pictures of the snow from earlier knocking around this thread among others though if you check out my local news website and can catch the tuesday 6 pm version it does have some good examples of what we are dealing with on camera.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/

Hurry though if you fancy a look as I doubt they will be up for much longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another top-up yesterday. Only around 15cm here on the coast. Some places inland have 120cm, however!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

First covering over the year here, haven't measured but looks between 4 and 6 inches, with light snow still falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A bit more snow overnight in Queensbury, West Yorkshire. We are at 24cm now (nearly 10") of level snow but drifts over a foot. It gets even deeper further up the hill, havent had a chance to measure up there yet.

Anothe top-up yesterday. Only around 15cm here on the coast. Some places inland have 120cm, however!

120cm!!! That is mad!!!!!

I read on the news that there is up to 4 feet in parts of Scotland such as Aviemore. Bet the Scottish ski resorts has no problems with lack of snow this season.

Posted

Lots of heavy snow over night so now measuring 17 inches in garden.

Posted

Got about 15cm yesterday (which is pretty good for here) and there's a few flakes coming down just atm :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Another 8cm last night. well topped up again. Almost a daily event digging out the drive. Roads looking dicey here today.

Posted

4.5" to 5" overnight.

Well happy! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Yesterday and last night gave me the most snow I have had so far this winter with upto 11/12cm on the ground. :p

Tuesday morning: Heavy snow for 70 minutes, which started to weaken gradually as it got to near to lunch time. 5cm had accumulated on the ground - westerly winds

Tuesday afternoon: Another band of snow flooded the area and gave me moderate to occasionly heavy snow from 3pm to 2am at night. A further 5cm had settled on the ground - winds from the north east.

Wednesday morning: I looked out of my window this morning and saw it starting to snow very heavily for about ten to fifteen minutes, and then become light and patchy for the last 5 minutes. It was enough for another centimeter or two to settle on the snowy ground.

All of this came as quite a surprise really; I didn't expect there to be this much. I would say this is the most snow I have had since February 2007. I guess that is one powerful snow cloud. :D

(Also included some pictures showing the snow depth and the snow cover outside).

post-10703-12627776355852_thumb.jpg

post-10703-12627776821052_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi folks

2-3cm here in total from last night & before.

(`Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?' J.Lydon 1978)

Still advance weather advisory from the Met Office for Sunday to look forward to...

And the Keele automatic weather station is back!

http://pangaea.esci.keele.ac.uk/weather/

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted

No snow here this year until yesterday (we had 2 snowfalls of about 7cm each in December, all of which cleared by Christmas), but it's been snowing continuously here since around 4pm yesterday. The snow was particularly heavy mid evening, giving 11cm by midnight. Still snowing steadily, with 14cm on the garden table.