Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

0.6C and nothing but light rain... Whoopee. Surprised of the reports of snow to our south given apparently higher temperatures. Radar implies it is snowing... its definately not!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Dewpoint is never higher than the actual temperature. Its wrong.

thanks again blizzards good.gif

yes it was wrong! its finally caught up i hope! if its right that it?

temp 0C

dew point 0C

no wonder it keeps switching from snow to sleet.doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

all i can say to nick is, well done for getting snow this time round. how much has fallen in norton canes? im not gonna throw toys out of the pram this time round, considering the fact the driveway has now got a puddle or two this evening . we have done well the last 2 times it has snowed, and we had 5 days of lying snow this december, which has beaten the last few decembers hands down, with 2/3cm on the ground. this time, the rain acted as a "vortex" for any falling snow. anyway, judging by the latest outputs, the cold weather will continue, and as long as the cold air sits over the british isles, the chance of snow will remain. as long as the vortex stays clear of greenland/canada, and sits over scandi, this could enhance our chances. well done to those who have got snow, better luck next time to those who dont. :yahoo:

Not sure, gotta be at least an inch, possibly two. Still snowing as well!

Posted

0.6C and nothing but light rain... Whoopee. Surprised of the reports of snow to our south given apparently higher temperatures. Radar implies it is snowing... its definately not!

Snowing here nicely. Did turn a touch sleety for a moment there which had me worried but was back to snow again shortly after. The big story right now is the rapidly intensifying ppn just to our south west.

Posted

It is in NN2 mate and hard.

Precip just hitting now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Absoloutley pathetic event here. Nearly stopped here now and nothing on the ground. Dont expect anything tomorrow either. What does it take to get it to snow proper here. :yahoo:

Posted

had about an hour of wet snow, mostly sleetish... did try to accumulate then stopped.

last 2 hours been dry with odd spot of drizzle. temp been on the rise.

weard weard weather.

Posted

As soon as you come over the Hednesford road and chase towards Rugeley, you loe over 80M's altitude, I live about 600M from the power station entrance as well, which causes a problem snow wise - there has been some snow here tonight - BUT it was a sleety mix and the ground was always to wet for snow. As for the metoffice's forecast of 5-10Cm with more in places - thats an absolute utter disgrace and they should stop covering there backs at first attempt and just put a reasonable foreacst out. I give up on snow, i think i refuse to keep watching charts and build ups and just see what falls out of my window - its absolutely horrendous here for snow and the dissapointing feeling when nothing delivers is bloody horrendous!. Disgusted.

With no disrespect to you some places have got snow and some hav'nt. Some places will have upto 15cm and some wont. It was always going to be a tight situation and the met have to issue a forecast to warn people of the situations that COULD arise. You cant keep slagging the met off for their weather warnings because if they did,nt issue the forecast and the majority of people who don t use these weather sites wake up in the morning to a good covering of snow and it disrupts their travel or work then they would be calling for someones head a lot more than a few people slagging them off on hereblush.gif And no i,m not pro met office because they are gw biased I,m surenonono.gif Anyhows there is still plenty of time as I think the warnings go out until tomorrow so you may be pleasantly surprised in the morningdrunk.gif good luck mate.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well...perhaps its snowing in Leicester, as Andy has n't been on saying 'its still raining' for almost an hour?

Posted

Whoops posted that twice!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Snowing here nicely. Did turn a touch sleety for a moment there which had me worried but was back to snow again shortly after. The big story right now is the rapidly intensifying ppn just to our south west.

Rain/snow mixture now. Even with full blown snow I can't see it settling! Fingers crossed, looks like some real heavy precipitation as you say heading up from the SW! Good luck mucka!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Well...perhaps its snowing in Leicester, as Andy has n't been on saying 'its still raining' for almost an hour?

Nope it`s dog walking time! drinks.gif

He`ll be back by half tenph34r.gif

Posted

Come on, some parts aren't bad! laugh.gif Unless you live towards down the murky depths of Norton East...biggrin.gif

Still throwing it down here too!

Nah they aint got power down there let alone the use of computers lolcrazy.gif I live up by the High School infact I used to live in the High School as my moms the caretaker there but I,ve just moved a bit further down the road with the missusnonono.gif lol

Posted

OMG hold on just checked out of the window on lamppost watch and it is finally snowing! Not sleet but massive 10p flakes! Doubt it will settle on all the rain water but who knows! Finally :yahoo:

Posted

Nope, it's still raining in Leicester, has been since about 6.30pm and no sign of any snow at all. I was really hoping we'd get a good thick layer of snow today as we only had a sugerdusting last week but it's not looking hopeful.

Posted

Rapid transition to heavy snow now...!!! Don't think its settling much mind. I'll give it ten minutes.

Yes its settling. Cor blimey, what an odd result.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Nah they aint got power down there let alone the use of computers lolcrazy.gif I live up by the High School infact I used to live in the High School as my moms the caretaker there but I,ve just moved a bit further down the road with the missusnonono.gif lol

LOL :yahoo: I live up by Jerome Primary School, so the other end of the village really. Still coming down thick and fast, this is fantastic. Got a really nice covering of snow, fingers crossed it doesn't melt overnight.