Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

just seem latest bbc forecast keep saying gloucestershire as one of the places that will see the most snow but not till later on will it get going :lol:

Edit temp 3.4c and dropping

Edited by twister2005

Posted

just seem latest bbc forecast keep saying gloucestershire as one of the places that will see the most snow but not till later on will it get going :)

Edit temp 3.4c and dropping

:lol: :p

this afternoon??

Posted

Temperature not dropping now in Churchdown. It fell from 3.3 to 2.8 as the rain came in but it has now stabilised at 2.7

R

Posted

Just heavy rain here since 7am, eased off a bit now. Temp 3.1c (57m)asl..Edit, temp now 2.9c so

it is dropping. Lets see if the next batch gives us a bit of snow, even if it doesn't settle.

I'm more interested in the New Year snow as we are supposed to go to a vintage bus show and we

don't really want to take ours out in slippy snow!

Posted

Morning All,

Thought id post in here before i head off to work

For those of you fretting around gloucestershire - dont! Especially those of you i see posting this morning from bishops cleeve (you are in the even better position of a little elevation)

It isnt likely to be until midday onwards and towards this evening that the snow will begin falling here - the main emphasis of the snow will be in the heaviest bursts (below 200m anyway), and its later as the front starts to stall with the heaviest precip lying somewhere from birmingham to cardiff that the snow will start to fall consistently

Before then you might have to make do with what i'll be getting over here - a mixture of rain/sleet/snow, but im pretty sure by this evening there will be some smiles on gloucestershire faces

Good luck everyone,

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Temp has dropped a good .4c since 8am.

Considering this event should be from midday onwards, we still have some good time for cooling before the next band pushes north.

I suppose its possible for very heavy PPN and perfect temps.. maybe this is why a lot of ppl are worried about what could happen around here.

Posted

slowly trying to turn here even though I seem to have the highest temp..

at 3.8

Might be helped as Im not far from the Hill's

At this rate I reckon 10 or 11 might see the real stuff

thx S.K

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The temps in the SW will continue to rise today, the first period in which the possbililty for snow will come is from Thursday 00:00.

Pease dont waste your time watching the temp/radar today, as there will be no snow in the SW!

The lower clouds in Plymouth are shooting down from the north, while the main cloud mass is slowly moving NE.

The temp is gradully creeping up (and thats heading your way) and the rain is heavy at times.

This situation can only be improved if the low doesn't progress as far north and/or the cold air fights back sooner than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Still rain here. Perhaps a touch sleety. Temp down to 3.1C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Morning all,

Sleet here in weston, Temp 2.9c Dewpoint 1.8c.

Looking at the radar, notice no snow apart from Scotlandunsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning everyone,

Just drizzle here, temp 1.6 so not particularly warm; it must have been sleet/snow here earlier as there's patches left on the grass and the cars were covered. Don't personally hold out too much hope for today, just that little bit too far South me thinks.

How do so many of you manage on soooo little sleep? You're all bonkers.

Posted

3.3c here now, down from 4c at 8am.

DP is -2.2 ( Fingers crossed yallllllllll ) Miy fingers seem to be permanently crossed now, Might have to see the doc to get um uncrossed. - NW-Syndrome

Morning everyone,

Just drizzle here, temp 1.6 so not particularly warm; it must have been sleet/snow here earlier as there's patches left on the grass and the cars were covered. Don't personally hold out too much hope for today, just that little bit too far South me thinks.

How do so many of you manage on soooo little sleep? You're all bonkers.

We dont manage.

Ive seen a few people in the last 24hrs almost crack lol.

Posted

3.3c here now, down from 4c at 8am.

DP is -2.2 ( Fingers crossed yallllllllll ) Miy fingers seem to be permanently crossed now, Might have to see the doc to get um uncrossed. - NW-Syndrome

We dont manage.

Ive seen a few people in the last 24hrs almost crack lol.

looking at my postcode in zoom mode on NW...I see the sleet(green) as now moved more south.

a good sign,or im jumping to early,just an observation.

Temp now dropped to 3.6,,and seemed to be the highest on here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I couldnt sleep last night i had to make my self stay in bed until 7.30 but i woke up at 6am lol. went to bed last night at around 1am.

I am alright once we get real snow/if we get it and then i can sleep much better but this marginal stuff takes it out of me. acute.gifblink.gif

Posted

looking at my postcode in zoom mode on NW...I see the sleet(green) as now moved more south.

a good sign,or im jumping to early,just an observation.

Temp now dropped to 3.6,,and seemed to be the highest on here

Just been outside ( gonna wind my boss up by popping out for a smoke too often ehe )

Anyway, Its got bitterly cold now, Winds really picked up and there are a few flakes mixed in with the rain..

Roll on midday.!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

if you watch raintoday radar the blue rain is disappearing and more red is starting to form drunk.gif

On the Net-Weather radar it's showing blues & greens, anyone reporting snow in Wales or West Midlands?

Posted

Well many places reporting rain or sleet so far only snow on high ground in wales and we are forecast heavy snow this afternoon so i wont give up hope just yet as not many people have snow yet..