Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 8

Methuselah

Posted

PS: at Panto in Aberdeen yesterday, we walked 3 children up the middle of the road to avoid the iciest parts!

The solution as I said earlier is this:

Where can I get mine???!!! :cold:

Hehe, great idea! When mine was that wee, I just bundled him up in snowsuit and lots of cosy quilts and put him in the sledge to walk up and down to the village :closedeyes:

Jeez, the MetO are the same - absolutely nothing out for us with regards icy roads or extreme temps even though this,this,this,thisand this to name a few are all warning us to watch out for icy roads.

In all fairness to the Met-O the main trunk roads in Scotland are probably not too bad. However, the "side roads" are terrible just now, and this includes many relatively busy roads. I'm sure the Met-O will catch up later....(and no, I am not holding my breath :closedeyes:).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

WHat a glorious day it is. I went walking onto the hills just to the north of here this morning. It's a different World up there. The snow is deep, between 15cm and 25cm. The branches of the fir trees are laden thick with snow and ice. In fact, some of the branches have bent over due to the shear weight of snow and ice on them and are lying across the forest tracks preventing access. One fir tree has snapped completely at the main trunk.

Min temp, only -2.5C here last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As nothing much is happening just now, I'll make a new thread.... :drinks:

Closed... :lol: