Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi guys

glad to see Hull got a pasting, when i lived there it rarely snowed

west of the pennines in manchester is getting absolutely hammered with snow at the moment, hopefully some of it manages to get over the pennines to your way :p

Posted

I think there's a good chance that today will be an ice day don't you :p

I dunno, temps rapidly risen to -0.6c !!! barmy, that's 2 consecutive days the temp has shot up.

dew of -3.3c though

lewis

Posted

Yeah i can vouch for that, there was a guy from Nottingham the other year that said he had 4-5 inches when it was 1 at best, i picked up on it and he ended up arguing with me and i ended up with a 7 day ban, or was it a 2 month ban :p

LOL

haha sad isnt it, youd think they wud be happy that they have snow.

Posted

Hi guys

west of the pennines in manchester is getting absolutely hammered with snow at the moment, hopefully some of it manages to get over the pennines to your way :p

amazes me that everywhere but southyorkshire and west yorkshire doesnt have at least 2inches of snow! not expecting much today but hopw ill be suprised with photos to show you

Posted

Hi guys

11am radar showed precipitation start to clump together, i think this should make it across the pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

We just seem to be in direct firing line here at the moment,the scenes just west of here around settle and ingleton will be amazing with all the snow that fell on thursday and friday.

What are the local roads like, Chrissy? One of my work colleagues is travelling up to Gargrave later this afternoon for 10 days holiday.

Posted

I dunno, temps rapidly risen to -0.6c !!! barmy, that's 2 consecutive days the temp has shot up.

dew of -3.3c though

lewis

its that westerly flow mate, the shower clouds have reached here but not keeping intensity and temp is 0.8c!

Posted

haha sad isnt it, youd think they wud be happy that they have snow.

Exactly mate, the other night when everything missed me, i got a 0.5cm to 1cm dusting in places.

I was happy with that! Better than nothing, then you get peeps that over do their estimations by miles, when questioned spit their dummies out and then you get some that get a pasting when others miss out, then when they miss out with 4 inches already on the ground, they get jealous and start cursing lmfao!

Lewis

Posted

light flurry here.towards the hills westwards looks very good

we might be suprised mate! not convinced till it happens though with last night

Posted

2 inches across the board with drifting in places, and my back garden for example is 1cm off 3 inches.

Defenetly more than 4cm :p

If you hold your rular diagonally Im sure it is :)

Yeah i can vouch for that, there was a guy from Nottingham the other year that said he had 4-5 inches when it was 1 at best, i picked up on it and he ended up arguing with me and i ended up with a 7 day ban, or was it a 2 month ban :)

LOL

But isnt that exactly what you are doing now? Claiming 3 inches now when from your pictures its quite obviously not and 10" in Dec 2005? Come on.

You'll never be banned on here for having an argument/debate with someone, it is after all a forum.

Posted

Exactly mate, the other night when everything missed me, i got a 0.5cm to 1cm dusting in places.

I was happy with that! Better than nothing, then you get peeps that over do their estimations by miles, when questioned spit their dummies out and then you get some that get a pasting when others miss out, then when they miss out with 4 inches already on the ground, they get jealous and start cursing lmfao!

Lewis

hehe spot on, Its swings and round abouts at the end of the day. Collectively in this country we all do poor for snow, but every known n again most of us get a good event. Best just enjoy it when its your turn and be glad for others when its there turn.

I think today while west n south yorkshire should do best, all over areas should see some further snow :p

Posted

hehe spot on, Its swings and round abouts at the end of the day. Collectively in this country we all do poor for snow, but every known n again most of us get a good event. Best just enjoy it when its your turn and be glad for others when its there turn.

I think today while west n south yorkshire should do best, all over areas should see some further snow :p

lets hope we do well that is lol

Posted

dew of -3.3c though

lewis

The temp is at -3c here now mate, so im pretty confident of an ice day here :p

Posted

If you hold your rular diagonally Im sure it is :p

But isnt that exactly what you are doing now? Claiming 3 inches now when from your pictures its quite obviously not and 10" in Dec 2005? Come on.

You'll never be banned on here for having an argument/debate with someone, it is after all a forum.

Don't know where you was Dec 2005 then, when i was staying out at leven/catwick area then at the miss's we had drifts upto 1 and half feet with a good feet of snow level, cant you remember when the -10 850's where over us as a heavy area of precip came from the west?

I'm not arguing with you Reef, if you read my messages clearly i said 2 inches quite widely with DRIFTS of almost 3 inches especially in my garden.

And Reef, i did get banned lol... trust me

Posted

amazes me that everywhere but southyorkshire and west yorkshire doesnt have at least 2inches of snow! not expecting much today but hopw ill be suprised with photos to show you

Frustrating isn't it laugh.gif

There's some beefy showers which look like they *might* make it across the pennines and give Sheffield a direct hit *fingers crossed*

Posted

The temp is at -3c here now mate, so im pretty confident of an ice day here :drinks:

We were sickeningly close at home yesterday. The temperature rose to 0.1C for literally 10 minutes. I couldnt believe it.

Posted

Frustrating isn't it laugh.gif

There's some beefy showers which look like they *might* make it across the pennines and give Sheffield a direct hit *fingers crossed*

if they reach sheffield they should reach here :drinks:;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Morning all,

-2C here at the moment. It got down to

-8C overnight, brrr.

We have 3" of flat laying snow.

Been for a hoof round the village with my

camera, but haven't succeeded in uploading

to this site as yet.

I see we may well get more overnight.

BL :drinks:

Posted

lol ye, according to the bbc graphics we could see showers all the way untill 12-3pm tommorow :drinks:

hope so! even if i get 4cm from this id be sooooo happy! all i want is a nice blanket that will last into xmas ;)

whats your temp btw? its 1c here

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Approximately 4cm of snow fell overnight here, followed by a very minor thaw which then froze to leave the morning extremely icy. Down to -5.7c overnight but now up to a relatively tropical -2.1c, all in all very nice, and this event, after a less-than promising start has really delivered.