Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

yes and some posters on here would have been happy no warning issued. Thankfully the Met Office did issue a warning.

Posted

Those of you getting snow now, did your temps go up to around 0, then snow fell and settled? Did the temp drop again?

Snowing heavily now N of Uxbridge, but temps still around the 0 mark. Massive flakes!

Posted

Wow, have had heavy snow here in Buntingford, East Hertfordshire with an additional couple of cm's.

Topping up our 7 inches of snow from the other night.

Snowing good here and settling very nice but how long will this last maybe 2 cmm at best but must not complain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

nothing here in waltham abbey yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It has to be with me shortly! looking like it is intensifying as well...Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Told you last night, near the train station lol doh.gif

lol soz biggrin.gif

Posted

Big flakes and heavy snow here now, covered the patio in seconds

Same here. Went out for a smoke on a clear patio and by the time I finished it was covered

Posted

Those of you getting snow now, did your temps go up to around 0, then snow fell and settled? Did the temp drop again?

Snowing heavily now N of Uxbridge, but temps still around the 0 mark. Massive flakes!

The temps here were very low all day untill an hour or so before the front arrived when they rose to 0.2c from about -4c at 4pm . They have now droppped back to 0C and the snow is coming down thick and fast.

Posted

Front is plusing up again, this may be the first signs of the strengthening that was hinted at by the models in the channel, maybe occuring a little sooner then progged but its hard to tell...

Either way a line of heavier precip is probably going to hit London square on, under the heavier return could see 2-3cms I'd imagine, also note the front is now on a ESE motion which means the SE should get a good deal longer under the front then places further north, sadly areas to the SW of the Wash (probably say 10-20 miles) were somewhat in the screw zone as the front weakened whilst pivoting in that area which meant little snowfall at all.

Posted

OMG :o

RADAR EXPLODING- I can see one red pixel in the NW radar - thats - 56-70 cm per hour rate ( pixel covers around 3 miles...)

S

Yep

Coming down here now in flakes so big i can see them even though the street lights have all turned off (god damn bloody local council eco friendly crap)

SK

EDIT:

WOOOOAH

Flakes bigger than £2 coins

Edited by snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

The front is also developing a bit of hangback at the moment -- so as the front moves SE the leading edge moves but the hangback is still developing in the same spot....

looking godd at the moment- very good for Luton....

Steve

how good we talkin lol because its slowed rite down here in luton at min

Posted

Dont know if anyone else has had this but the snow that fell less than an hour ago here is starting to melt already.

Temp rose to -0.3c before it started snowing and slowly rose the whole time it was snowing. Stopped snowing about 20-25 mins ago and temp now up to 0.7c with snow that has landed on surfaces off the ground melting now.

Janet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

OMG ohmy.gif

RADAR EXPLODING- I can see one red pixel in the NW radar - thats - 56-70 cm per hour rate ( pixel covers around 3 miles...)

S

wheres the red pixel?? I only see green and yellow ones!!!!

Posted

I bleeding well hope it was worth staying in and staying up for! whistling.giflaugh.gif

Thursday night was a bit of a disapointment for me personally, so not expecting much more from this...

Posted

lol soz biggrin.gif

Whats it like in Luton still Angel?

Still snowing heavily here, main roads are covered already....chaos will soon be coming for those drinkers out in St. Albans tonight!:o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

I bleeding well hope it was worth staying in and staying up for! whistling.giflaugh.gif

Thursday night was a bit of a disapointment for me personally, so not expecting much more from this...

Agreed.... I am with you Snow Raven :o