Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion 2

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No idea what the temperature is but all i know is that i often check outside my window and see the opposite house's driveway and think its been snowing. Then i realise that the driveway is white anyway.

After telling work colleagues that its deffo gonna snow today (after reading all of last weeks model outputs comments etc) has ended up with me back tracking with huge egg on me face.

lol,my own fault.:bad:

You never know, might get a passing shower tonight.

I imagine it will fall quite rapidly here after midnight, awaiting a hard frost tomorrow anyway, unfortunately in Birkenhead you may struggle to get a frost :cc_confused:

Posted

You never know, might get a passing shower tonight.

I imagine it will fall quite rapidly here after midnight, awaiting a hard frost tomorrow anyway, unfortunately in Birkenhead you may struggle to get a frost :cc_confused:

Yeah, thought so.

Been looking forward for this and so far its been such an anti climax.

Oh well rant over.:bad:

HA HA HA ITTTSSSS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!

It really is...really light though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Hi Stephen & fellow NW-ers. Back on here for another winter's snow-hoping for the NW. Been following the thread. Here in St Annes we've had a v light covering earlier this eve from a couple of showers, butnow just plain cold with a clear view of the stars. What I've got my eye on is the possibility of a battlezone as milder air tries to push in round Christmas, hopefully with the cold winning out and us lot getting the white results.

Posted

Hi Stephen & fellow NW-ers. Back on here for another winter's snow-hoping for the NW. Been following the thread. Here in St Annes we've had a v light covering earlier this eve from a couple of showers, butnow just plain cold with a clear view of the stars. What I've got my eye on is the possibility of a battlezone as milder air tries to push in round Christmas, hopefully with the cold winning out and us lot getting the white results.

Sat/Sun/Mon and maybe Tues might tunr out good for us too mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Sat/Sun/Mon and maybe Tues might tunr out good for us too mate

Yep, and I'd take that v happiliy. This year I've promised my kids I'd drive them to wherever there was snow. I even bought an extra sledge today. Netweather will be indispensible!!

Posted

about 4cms here in the saddleworth hills and still snowing - hope it gets to everyone else

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wow seriously? nothing here yet.

-1.7C here and dropping faster now!

Hopefully something snowy will come about

Posted

After telling work colleagues that its deffo gonna snow today (after reading all of last weeks model outputs comments etc) has ended up with me back tracking with huge egg on me face.lol,my own fault.:rolleyes:

I, too, have to go into work tomorrow and face my colleagues after telling them there was a 92% chance of snow between 3 pm and 6 pm today..... But where I live in South Liverpool, near the airport we haven't had a flake - not one - not even a sleety one - not even a rainy one!!! :(

We went in the city centre around 7-ish and it was absolutely freezing but still... not one flake ;) I've also told my work mates Saturday night/Sunday morning looks good for snow.... should I back track in the morning? ;) Liverpool is always last in the region to get the snow and Speke is always last in Liverpool!

Edited by LiverBird

Posted

Hi Stephen-I'm in Woolton, not too far from you-wind seems to have picked up-temp is -1 approx, and I can see a lot of cloud over the the Saddleworth/Winter hill area. That cloud seems to be moving in a southerly direction.

Posted

it has been snowing lightly off and on since about 3 this afternoon. went to a brass band concert tonight and they finished it early because some of them were from ripponden and marsden and were worried about getting home.

everything has stuck but it is the icing sugar kind of snow, hence only 3-4 cms in about 9 hours.

can't see why it isn't everywhere else. i am very high up too though. maybe that is it. i don't know how high i am, really

Posted

I, too, have to go into work tomorrow and face my colleagues after telling them there was a 92% chance of snow between 3 pm and 6 pm today..... But where I live in South Liverpool, near the airport we haven't had a flake - not one - not even a sleety one - not even a rainy one!!! ;)

We went in the city centre around 7-ish and it was absolutely freezing but still... not one flake :( I've also told my work mates Saturday night/Sunday morning looks good for snow.... should I back track in the morning? :rolleyes: Liverpool is always last in the region to get the snow and Speke is always last in Liverpool!

I couldn't really tell you about saturday/sunday to be honest because to be honest i haven't a clue. Maybe some of the more experienced guys on here could tell you more.

Posted

For the last half an hour or so there have been snow showers one after the other feeding from the Pennines to the southeast of me, missing me narrowly! Soooo frustrating!

The radar is also showing some mising me just to the north! There are lines of showers that can be followed right up to the north sea coast...

Karyo

Posted

I, too, have to go into work tomorrow and face my colleagues after telling them there was a 92% chance of snow between 3 pm and 6 pm today..... But where I live in South Liverpool, near the airport we haven't had a flake - not one - not even a sleety one - not even a rainy one!!! sad.gif

We went in the city centre around 7-ish and it was absolutely freezing but still... not one flake cray.gif I've also told my work mates Saturday night/Sunday morning looks good for snow.... should I back track in the morning? fool.gif Liverpool is always last in the region to get the snow and Speke is always last in Liverpool!

Thats really weird-I live near lpool airport (woolton) and I have seen 2 flurries-they must be really local showers.

Posted

For the last half an hour or so there have been snow showers one after the other feeding from the Pennines to the southeast of me, missing me narrowly! Soooo frustrating!

The radar is also showing some mising me just to the north! There are lines of showers that can be followed right up to the north sea coast...

Karyo

Have you a link for the radar please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Snowing here. Warrington already had a pasting, we had a dusting before, but skies are now overcast.

Posted

Thats really weird-I live near lpool airport (woolton) and I have seen 2 flurries-they must be really local showers.

I'll be up to Camp Hill with my sledge in the morning!! :( I've been told to give up now and go to bed. Thanks for all your postings. I love my winter visits here!