Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Cold Spell Discussion 2

M'Lady

Posted

Yeah snowed at Goodison (shower), we are getting the odd flurry in Woolton (S.Liverpool). I can see a bank of cloud looking towards the Winter Hill area and a heavyish cloud over Hale, Liverpool airport area. Temp in my garden is -1 with biting N wind.

Posted

The snow for Saturday and Sunday has been a consistent feature for us for the last few days. I am now looking at the possibility of snow from Saturday night well into Tuesday with that low coming up from the SW that would give quite significant snow as long as it stays cold enough. On this run there looks to be quits a bit of warm air associated with it, so it could be marginal. The weekend looks to offer potential we rarely see in this part of the country Sunday for me especially.

Posted

Just popped into the South East thread, and it's going balistic in there. The Meto Office have issued an 'extreme - take action' weather warning for area's around Greater London. Much more peaceful and relaxing in here lol

Posted

Just popped into the South East thread, and it's going balistic in there. The Meto Office have issued an 'extreme - take action' weather warning for area's around Greater London. Much more peaceful and relaxing in here lol

Just wait till the weekend :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I have steered well clear of any snow showers tonight, as you would expect, however as a result I have some of the coldest temperatures in the region.

-1.6C at present

Posted

BBc Forecast 10.35pm. Low coming down from the North, focus will definitely be on the North West and Scotland Sat/Sun for snow-cold northerly winds associated with this low.

Edited by martinj2

Posted

Just wait till the weekend :drinks:

They're short of power, which is odd, considering a few inches never harmed anyone else where in the same way, only southerners hey...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This weather is incredibly arduous.. -1.5C now and rising (for now)

Posted

They're short of power, which is odd, considering a few inches never harmed anyone else where in the same way, only southerners hey...

Can't be, they are still using the internet aren't they :drinks: anyway it wouldn't affect us here we still have gas lights in Preston :)

Posted

Can't be, they are still using the internet aren't they :whistling: anyway it wouldn't affect us here we still have gas lights in Preston :)

when did that last snow shower hit you by the way, it appears to have left me out?

Posted

Hello all, being reading most of your posts on different threads which has amused and interested me.

BTW, live in Birkenhead and i've seen absolutely nothing. To be honest if it wasn't for the news i would think that this was a prank.

lol.. people in the Wirral have it bad.

I dont think its even under 0C in Birkenhead right now?

Posted

Not much, enough to cover the snow angels the kids made after school - how you make a snow angel in a mm or so of snow is beyond me, but they managed it ! There's a fresh covering on the cars and its snowing lightly again now.

Posted

lol.. people in the Wirral have it bad.

I dont think its even under 0C in Birkenhead right now?

No idea what the temperature is but all i know is that i often check outside my window and see the opposite house's driveway and think its been snowing. Then i realise that the driveway is white anyway.

After telling work colleagues that its deffo gonna snow today (after reading all of last weeks model outputs comments etc) has ended up with me back tracking with huge egg on me face.

lol,my own fault.:whistling: