Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Server Now Online

Paul

Posted

Any idea why I keep getting blank panes on the charts on NW cheapskate (Lite)?

The latest run is just loading in so any charts that aren't in yet will be blank until they're created - run completes in about 15 mins and if you click the prev button you can view the charts from the previous button if you want to. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Typical Scot, you never paid enough... :rofl:

:)

I used to pay the full whack but was skint so went for the cheapo... :)

But even on the full version it used to deff out sometimes... :bomb:

;););););););)

no, it can be any of the charts, just seems poor tonight. Maybe your shiny new server will be able to cope?

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

I can't recreate the problem to be honest, was just going through charts on the lite viewer to test, so not sure what would be causing you to have blanks - what time/chart's are blank?

no, it can be any of the charts, just seems poor tonight. Maybe your shiny new server will be able to cope?

I can see it from Paul's point of view that traffic is usually slow all year and then when it snows it goes mental and everyone wants on at once. Every time this happens Paul gets a new big shiny server and then the next time it still isn't big enough. It must be a bummer to live in the UK when it is only cold now and again :)

Lol, traffic isn't slow all year - we've broken records every month this year!!! Winter has started with a bang though that's for sure.

:drinks:

I'll just wait for that big wet fish to do the job again............

(I meant relative traffic....)

Posted

Lol, traffic isn't slow all year - we've broken records every month this year!!! Winter has started with a bang though that's for sure.

Paul as the record been broken tonight with online viewer;s yet

Posted

Lol Catch, you like wet fish don't you, some sort of fetish?!

Dogs, not sure - there have been 1000+ online every time I've checked but I haven't been looking too often - it'll show once the we re-enable everything tomorrow.

Posted

Dogs, not sure - there have been 1000+ online every time I've checked but I haven't been looking too often - it'll show once the we re-enable everything tomorrow.

lol..i thought you meant me I was into a fetish...I had to read it twice :)

I thought I only asked how many was on line..lol

If Carling made weather forum;s they would probaly make them like this best in the world :drinks:

have a drink on me

Edited by dogs32

You should remember the wet fish thing from 3 years ago; I was trying to be funny :) :) :)

And, no, I don't really like fish :whistling:

Lol thanks Dogs, and yep Catch I remember the fish from a few years back, I was joking too :whistling:

D'uh, that just encapsulates the whole ethos of NW. You are always there for the high brow moments and you are also there for people like me.....

Posted

Working for me now - no idea what was going on. I thought all my old problems were gone when I switched from IE to Chrome, but no. Who knows? :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Sorry Paul had to go out and pick up the misses.

The error read something like error occured you don't have access to this page.

But I am fully signed in, not guest.

Edited by SteveB

Posted

That doesn't sound like a server prob to me, more likely that you were poss using search new posts or something similar which is switched off currently.

Anyway, quick update - server move likely to go ahead this morning, obviously not the ideal time to do it but it has to happen. Uploads/gallery will be switched off soon, as we're about to move we'll be switching off the forum so we can backup the database then we'll get on over to the new server asap..

Will post in here when this is all about to happen.

Thanks

Paul

Posted

I've got 10 minutes to look at info before I go out into the hills for the day - I've paid for this service and all I get are blank panes. Marvellous.

Posted

Sorry HC, but it's not server related - all the charts are there on all the viewers - full, lite and free (there was in fact 1 corrupt file in the latest data which may affect one time slot, but I'm yet to find it). Which charts are you trying to view?

Do you have the radar open in another window/tab by any chance? If so, that will be the cause - due to the security within the system you can only view one part of extra at a time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thanks for the updates, Paul...The downtime'll give me some time to do my shopping. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

That doesn't sound like a server prob to me, more likely that you were poss using search new posts or something similar which is switched off currently.

Anyway, quick update - server move likely to go ahead this morning, obviously not the ideal time to do it but it has to happen. Uploads/gallery will be switched off soon, as we're about to move we'll be switching off the forum so we can backup the database then we'll get on over to the new server asap..

Will post in here when this is all about to happen.

Thanks

Paul

I the same message if I try to view my profile, or anyone Else's profile. I also have a 1 in a square next to my name?.

Edited by SteveB