Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdrianHull

Snow Depths

I hope this is the right thread this time and not get locked out. Im a bit new to this but lets give it a go!

Remember everybody -

DON'T LIE!

And make sure you're measuring on a FLAT surface not over grass as the ruler/yard stick may sink into the soil. And make sure your rulers up the right way - A problem I've encountered many times.

We can allow measurements over short grass now - if it is good enough for the Met Office it is good enough for us. :drinks:

I always take an average of 3 measurements, and that is my snow depth.

1cm in places after this evening's snow, wet snow falling now so will all be gone shortly.

7 cm of snow on the grass, 5cm on the wall, despite the Met Office forecasting 'light rain showers'!!

7 cm of snow on the grass, 5cm on the wall, despite the Met Office forecasting 'light rain showers'!!

From what part of the country are you from?? Good Luck!drinks.gif

It has been snowing non-stop since 7 this evening, we are also experiencing gusts of winds upto 34.46mph, on flat surfaces it is about 3inches, on the windows where it's been blown against them its about a foot.

What a day for the heating to have decided to pack up, they hope to be here tomorrow..not sure about that at the moment.

Had snow showers on and off throughout the day, which became more frequent during the evening.

Have around 2.5cms of lying snow up to now.

1-2CM , but now a slight dusting... poor again :cray:

Snow is lyings everywheres in Lootons deeps and heavys and thicks and is looks so xmassy and wintry and wonderfools!The me is so exciteds and is at least 5 inches deeps in places and we is will have white fulffy xmas thees years. MERRY CHRISTMOS EVERYBODYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 inches (12.5cm) still lying. A very slight melt on south facing grass. More snow expected tonight to top this up

Ahh me's very good friends Mr Tatteniuims the very merry christmosses to the u and what a wonderfools snowy ones it is and the me is deadly exciteds and sittings on top of pylons with doggy broadis clods is comings overs outsides and tempsy is 0.3c we is abouts to get masseev dumpins!!!! yipssseeeeeeeeeee rrrrrrrsssssshhhhhaa

Long time no see MCS...How the devils is the yous???

Merrys chrstmases!! :yahoo:

As of the snowfall this evening we have a nice 5cm/2 inches

2cm of fresh snow fell in 30 minutes today, 1320-1350hr. Total depth at 1500hr, 6cm in garden and 4cm in nearby field. Max temp 1.2C at 1300hr.

Depths are approx 6" (due to drifting snow it was difficult to find an unaffected spot!) Unbelievable amount in a short time.