Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

sunny scunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

lol if thats the case do you think well make -3c or -4c?? :wallbash::drinks::wallbash:

Sure why not? :drinks:

Seriously though its very sheltered around these parts, so when a clear sky occurs with no winds theres always thhe chance of an airfrost!

It's gone from 7.5C to 6.5C now in 30 mins!

Thats 2C an hour - definite air frost trending that :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

yea its -o.3c here now so we could well get that ... as it has been dropping quite quick here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Sure why not? :rofl:

Seriously though its very sheltered around these parts, so when a clear sky occurs with no winds theres always thhe chance of an airfrost!

It's gone from 7.5C to 6.5C now in 30 mins!

Thats 2C an hour - definite air frost trending that :unsure:

You have your own micro-climate over there Stephen! It's 8.7c here, it's a ridiculous drop rate of 1c every 2 hours, no frost here tonight, whats your thoughts?

yea its -o.3c here now so we could well get that ... as it has been dropping quite quick here

Mate, are you sure? No where in Ireland is below 5c atm. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

You have your own micro-climate over there Stephen! It's 8.7c here, it's a ridiculous drop rate of 1c every 2 hours, no frost here tonight, whats your thoughts?

Well remember last week when you were at 9C and I was at 6C, and you ended up finishing lower than me.. in most cases I have a bizarre microclimate, tonight though I can see it falling alot lower than it did last time given the colder conditions!

I think you'll get a ground frost, but here an airfrost again looks very likely - unless of course the temperature sticks like last time.. but tonight I cant see that happening!

Posted

yes it is, it is 5.1c in ballykelly which is deffo wrong as i was there at 10 just before the readin and it was 4.5c and it is also 4c in eglinton/londonderry which is likely wrong, i would also like to say that ballykelly is 10 miles away from me and i live quite high above sea level in the rural countryside.. aswell as that the weather sites are not always right...

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Well remember last week when you were at 9C and I was at 6C, and you ended up finishing lower than me.. in most cases I have a bizarre microclimate, tonight though I can see it falling alot lower than it did last time given the colder conditions!

I think you'll get a ground frost, but here an airfrost again looks very likely - unless of course the temperature sticks like last time.. but tonight I cant see that happening!

I agree with you there, it seems here, even with no wind the temperature struggles to drop under clear skies. I wouldn't of thought the River Mersey would have an impact on the temperature here as it's too small and the nearest sea is probably New Brighton. Why does my temperature here struggle to drop badly under crystal clear skies, yet most of the time the temperature is lower in Liverpool who are nearer the sea than me, it just doesnt add up :cc_confused:

Screw this, im going to live on Mount Everest, then we will see who has a micro-climate!! :unsure:

yes it is, it is 5.1c in ballykelly which is deffo wrong as i was there at 10 just before the readin and it was 4.5c and it is also 4c in eglinton/londonderry which is likely wrong, i would also like to say that ballykelly is 10 miles away from me and i live quite high above sea level in the rural countryside.. aswell as that the weather sites are not always right...

Can't go wrong with XC weather mate, those are people's stations around the United Kingdom, they are rarely wrong.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Hancock

Posted

yes but those sites dnt update until half an hour or so and sometimes they are reading too high a temperature..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A lovely day today, plenty of sunny spells, max of 13.4°C. Temp has dropped sharply as soon as the sun has gone down though, now 3.8°C, could be on for the first air frost tonight? but I've said that a few times recently and it wasn't to be :cc_confused:

Edited by James M

Posted

Well, that's a tad better, since my last post 11 mins ago the temperature has dropped another 0.2c. Keep that up and it will be a 1c decline rate every 50 mins or so.

yes but those sites dnt update until half an hour or so and sometimes they are reading too high a temperature..

Very rarely do they read temperatures too high, well not at night thats for sure, in the day where some people leave the temperature sensors in the sun they may be 1 or 2c off, but at night they are fairly accurate.

I suggest you purchase the Net Weather radar for £4.00 or so, that will give you a postal code zoom of your area and surrounding temperatures. They are rather accurate, it's fun watching the radar in severe weather when a weather front is approaching. I always buy it at winter to check where the wintry precipitation is. :cc_confused:

A lovely day today, plenty of sunny spells, max of 13.4°C. Temp has dropped sharply as soon as the sun has gone down though, now 3.8°C, could be on for the first air frost tonight? but I've said that a few times recently and it wasn't to be:lol:

Air frost will be more likely tonight with guarenteed no cloud to roll in :unsure:

Edited by Hancock

Posted

are you registered for that?? if so could you put in my area???

Very rarely do they read temperatures too high, well not at night thats for sure, in the day where some people leave the temperature sensors in the sun they may be 1 or 2c off, but at night they are fairly accurate.

I suggest you purchase the Net Weather radar for £4.00 or so, that will give you a postal code zoom of your area and surrounding temperatures. There are rather accurate, it's fun watching the radar in severe weather when a weather front is approaching. I always buy it at winter to check where the wintry precipitation is.

Stations are on Met Office site http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ballypatrick_forest_latest_weather.html

They are bang on accurate.

Posted

are you registered for that?? if so could you put in my area???

I could but I wouldnt be allowed to post up the image. Do what WeatherMaster just said, he has provided a link to Met Office weather stations around the United Kingdom, and like he says, they are really accurate.

Posted

no one ever beleives me, im sticking to this with the temp a 0c as i can clearly see a frost starting to form outside...

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

I suppose it is possible if you're in a frost hollow in a rural area.

I imagine it won't fall too much further though

Posted

no one ever beleives me, im sticking to this with the temp a 0c as i can clearly see a frost starting to form outside...

I didn't say I didn't believe you :unsure:

I can see your Height Above Sea Level there in your avatar, therefore you are probably right.

I suppose it is possible if you're in a frost hollow in a rural area.

I imagine it won't fall too much further though

May I ask you a question?

How come the temperature will be falling really fast one minute, like it just was as 8.3c now it's stopped falling and it's gone back up to 8.4c? there's not even any clouds about. :cc_confused:

Posted

would it have anything to do with the wind???

Posted

would it have anything to do with the wind???

I wouldnt of thought so, there isnt any wind currently, plus my backyard is sheltered, mind you even it there was a bit of a wind it's in a northerly direction, meaning it would be a cold wind anyway. :cc_confused:

Posted

Any wind would produce an upward trend right now - it's probably definitely to do with the movement of the air even though you might not know it you might have the slightest breeze which is often enough.

Here there obviously isn't that slight breeze as our temperature isn't responding in the same way, it's dropping like a stone.

It's currently 5.2C, it doesn't usually do this though, it usually stops falling by now, so this is much different! I'm not used to this :cc_confused:

Posted

you ought to loook at ballykelly on meto now as it has dropped a whole 1.5c (i think) over the hour... and if you take into consideration the drive into the countryside you would drop say 2c so thts down to 2.0c ( it always drops 2c in my area never any more or any less) then up the hill and its 0c. Is it just me or is it clouding over!!!:cc_confused::unsure: i can feel it...

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Air frost will be more likely tonight with guarenteed no cloud to roll in :unsure:

I hope so, going to be up for an early morning walk tomorrow so I better wrap up warm :cc_confused::rofl:

Posted

Any wind would produce an upward trend right now - it's probably definitely to do with the movement of the air even though you might not know it you might have the slightest breeze which is often enough.

Here there obviously isn't that slight breeze as our temperature isn't responding in the same way, it's dropping like a stone.

It's currently 5.2C, it doesn't usually do this though, it usually stops falling by now, so this is much different! I'm not used to this :80:

Ah I see :rofl: :rofl:

8.1c here, temp has started dropping much faster now. (for now)

5.2c there? roughly 7 hours of cooling left, i'll go for -1c for you tonight.

you ought to loook at ballykelly on meto now as it has dropped a whole 1.5c (i think) over the hour... and if you take into consideration the drive into the countryside you would drop say 2c so thts down to 2.0c ( it always drops 2c in my area never any more or any less) then up the hill and its 0c. Is it just me or is it clouding over!!!:cc_confused::unsure: i can feel it...

I doubt it's clouds, most probably mist :)

Edited by Hancock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Down to 4.4C here at the moment, got down to 0.4C the other night but I reckon I might just get an airfrost tonight.

Posted

After another mild, overcast and damp night it was a mostly cloudy day with a mixture of light rain showers and sunny spells. It was also windier than of late and coupled with a maximum temperature of 12.8C felt rather nippy at times.

Temperatures holding up again tonight though at 10.1C.

Posted

hmm heck its stalled! 4.5C and holding for now