Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Drought Across The East Anglia

fine wine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still not a drop of rain here since the dry spell began, I had to hose the garden yesterday because it's so dry. A fair few places up this way around Lancashire in particular have reported drizzle though I think

Lol - we have to hose the gardens every summer in the SE due to lack of the wet stuff!

Though I suppose even across the NW, it has been relatively dry of late than normal.

GFS picking up some rain events in the coming fortnight, but even then High pressure is still likely to be on the scene, if not dominating the weather, so it will be interesting to see what any forecasted rain events actually amount to! Probably worth a mention also that a relatively cold snap could be on the cards, particularly for the E of the UK in the coming fortnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lol - we have to hose the gardens every summer in the SE due to lack of the wet stuff!

Though I suppose even across the NW, it has been relatively dry of late than normal.

GFS picking up some rain events in the coming fortnight, but even then High pressure is still likely to be on the scene, if not dominating the weather, so it will be interesting to see what any forecasted rain events actually amount to! Probably worth a mention also that a relatively cold snap could be on the cards, particularly for the E of the UK in the coming fortnight.

It;s not so much that, we have very low rainfall here given our position in the country, we get on average between 650 and 680mm per annum, but it's not so much the amount of rain as how it falls. Here it tends to be evenly spread out through the year usually so we don't usually have problems with drought. If there are drought conditions around, our rainfall total and habit is usually typical of the majority of the country. Having little rainfall though means that when a dry spell does occur like this one it tends to dry very quickly, and thats were problems come about, aka when I have to hose the garden :doh:

Posted

Still not a drop of rain here since the dry spell began, I had to hose the garden yesterday because it's so dry. A fair few places up this way around Lancashire in particular have reported drizzle though I think

We had "notable" fall of rain here on Tuesday, enough to lead sizeable puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

We had "notable" fall of rain here on Tuesday, enough to lead sizeable puddles.

Yes I was watching the Manchester Oxford Road webcam and saw that.. I walked home on Tuesday morning from Birkenhead and it started particularly warm but went very cool, very quickly, so I assumed it was going to rain, alas ufortunately it didn't, but I thought I'd check the cams when I got back and was surprised to see the rooves of Manchester were soaked. It seems the rain fell around Bolton, Wigan all the way down to Wilmslow too, and parts of Derbyshire, so it was fairly expansive.

Edited by SPWirral

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Travelling through Essex yesterday back from Maldon to Cheshire, its was very noticeable how dry and brown the landscape looked in that particular county. Quite a contrast from a" greenish looking" Cheshire. Even here all the secondary hay and late potatoes have been harvested in dry fairly sunny conditions during much of this month.

C