Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Firefox 3 problem

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Okay I'm running at 1920 x 1200 but I didn't have this problem with earlier firefox and it also okay with IE7. The problem. Go tot his link. http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...936e1c7cbfdb4b1

Notice that the weather watch sits on top of the drop down menu and you can't select the data centre. Works fine in IE7.

Basically Firefox is rendering page differently.

Posted

Ok cheers, I didn't know that ff3 was out of beta as yet, will download it and do some testing to get the issue fixed, is it only on that page?

Edit - Have installed ff3 and can't recreate the problem. Do you have any addons installed? Have you tried a hard refresh (ctrl + f5) on the page?

Posted
Ok cheers, I didn't know that ff3 was out of beta as yet, will download it and do some testing to get the issue fixed, is it only on that page?

Edit - Have installed ff3 and can't recreate the problem. Do you have any addons installed? Have you tried a hard refresh (ctrl + f5) on the page?

Nope no add ons.

What screen res are you using???? Still got the prob despite refresh.

Certainly a resolution problem just lowered mine no problem put it back same problem. Also the page is rendered differently under IE7 to Firefox 3. Possible standards problem. Just wait til IE 8 comes out.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

The page is standards compliant so I don't think it's that. I tested it at 1920x1200 as well as I thought it may be a size specific thing, but was fine. Can you confirm it is just that page and no others on the site that you know of?

Posted
The page is standards compliant so I don't think it's that. I tested it at 1920x1200 as well as I thought it may be a size specific thing, but was fine. Can you confirm it is just that page and no others on the site that you know of?

I'll have to email you the pictures. Can't see a way to upload them any more the option seems to have gone. Ah slight problem no way to attach images any more. I used to be able to browse then upload them.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I can still browse to add an image as attachment here. Sure you have the latest Java and stuff Pit? That might effect both image attachment and page render. Any script blocker running?

I see no difference between the way FF3 and IE7 renders. I am on 1280x1024 res. Both screen side by side and no difference at all.

Posted
I can still browse to add an image as attachment here. Sure you have the latest Java and stuff Pit? That might effect both image attachment and page render. Any script blocker running?

I see no difference between the way FF3 and IE7 renders. I am on 1280x1024 res. Both screen side by side and no difference at all.

I don't get the option in IE7 either. No browse button and the latest Java and script blocker. I've tried on another machine same problem with images. I wonder if I turned something off by mistake.

Posted

I can't see any reason at this end for you to not be able to upload etc. Are you running any security software which may be blocking java etc?

Posted
I can't see any reason at this end for you to not be able to upload etc. Are you running any security software which may be blocking java etc?

Well I'm now in Linux different machine different OS so I've got to missing something.

Say I want to load a picture from my desktop now how do i do this.

Posted

In the full reply editor (not quick reply), just hit the browse button beneath the post editing window, select the image and click upload.

Posted
In the full reply editor (not quick reply), just hit the browse button beneath the post editing window, select the image and click upload.

It ain't there so I'm not going crazy. Three different computers two different operating systems.

Posted

Do you see the Manage Current Attachments drop down under the text editing box?

It has Attachments on the left. Select a file, Attachment space used, System ready, on the right is the browse button.

Posted

The answer is no and no

This is what I see. Top row. Undo formatting, Insert Special Item, Fonts, Sizes, Font colour, undo, redo, make larger, make smaller, refresh.

2nd row Bold, Italic, Underline, Sub script etc, Smilies, Insert Link, Insert picture from website, Insert email link, wrap quote in tags, wrap code in tags, then indent then three justification tags, insert list and then Bullet points.

Bottom Toggle side panel then BB Code help

Under that

Post options Enable emoticons etc

Post icons

Then add reply then preview post.

LH side you got the smilies etc and quick access

Posted

Somehow the ips_attach.js is being blocked on your reply section. It works in both my FF3 and IE7.

Try clearing caches, and also, look in add/remove, remove all instances of java, reboot and install the latest. Sometimes having multiple versions of java installed can cause probs. Clear the caches at the same time. This certainly sounds like a script running problem locally to you Pit, rather than coding on the forum.

EDIT: Just seen Pauls post, go with his ideas before mine.

Edited by SnowBear

Posted

Hurray what had I turned off????

Right back to the original problem. I've just uploaded the images of Ie7 and Firefox you should be able to see the problem.

post-2404-1214143607_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1214143639_thumb.jpg

Posted

By the looks of the firefox image there, it's missing the netweather logo and the ad, do you have an adblocker running, or a setting enabled not to view images from the site?

Posted

Check tools > options > content in FF3. Enable the top four for NetWeather.tv.

Posted
By the looks of the firefox image there, it's missing the netweather logo and the ad, do you have an adblocker running, or a setting enabled not to view images from the site?

Bugger forgot about that thingy. Never effected earlier Firefox though. Yeh disabling that brings the netweather picture back and moves the drop down menu above the warning.