Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 27th January 2004

Mrs Snow Lover

Posted

The temperature rose from 0.3 C to 1.6C as the front came in here in Huddersfield. Now been snowing lightly for about half an hour and the temperature has started to drop again. Brilliant!!!

Guest ChaserUK

NOT a snow report as such but if you are playing the waiting game, instead of watching a lamp-post (because I cannot see one!) I have angled by halogen desk lap out of the window - makes a very good substitute I think! THhis should be more than bright enough to show up the smallest flakes (fingers crossed now). :D

Posted
The temperature rose from 0.3 C to 1.6C as the front came in here in Huddersfield. Now been snowing lightly for about half an hour and the temperature has started to drop again. Brilliant!!!

Last night the mininium was 0.2°C (yes, I can do degrees), by the time I woke up (7.30am) it was already 6.1°C and dropped as the day went on (currently 4.1°C) and yet no snow! Explain that one

Posted

If anybody wants to see a snow picture from a few minutes ago, go to my website (click the link below), and on the menu, click "Photographs". Then obviously click on to todays photo.

While you're there, if you have time, sign the guestbook!!

Now 4cm and very heavy snow.

Posted

a freind just phoned and said its snowing very very heavy in Whithington, Manchester. Covering the roads even though the cars are moving on them and they have been gritted :shock:

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

GREAT PICCIE MR CHASER , the me is uses the me's torch to check for snows! angle out of window and u is ables to see's it fallings or point up towards sky!

currenlty me's temp is fallings bigtimes and is dipped into -0. no clods arounds yet but forecaster is showings cloddy!

Posted

its snowing heavy now here with very Big Flakes, temp seems to have dropped a .5 of a degree in past 30 mins :D

Guest ChaserUK

Hi CSF! Yes the torch or light angled into the sky really works! Shame I have nothing to see yet but looking at the radar you will have soon enough ! :p:D :lol: :lol:

Posted

:shock: OMG how much snow!!!!

It started snowing about 8Pm & now we have loads approx 2.5-3 inches

Looks like me is not going to work tomorrow :D

Posted

whooooooo lots Of lovely snow falling here in york, quite large flakes and laying quickly, tried taking some digi photo's but my camera won't work, ARGHH. :p:D :lol: :lol:

Posted

been snowing moderatley/heavy for about 30minutes now down in huddersfield area, setteling but no large accumlations for the time being.

Posted

Stopped snowing here in Darlington too. Looks like the band's gone past Paul and I now (and I suspect boroboy too!) Oh well bring on the next one!

Posted

its just startied snowing in stafford... quite heavy already! temp 0.6 so looking good! :D:D:D:D

Posted

can any1 show me a type of radar thing where the snow from the 2nd lot is predicted to fall? and what time?(in huddersfield yorkshire)

Posted

CraigB, its possible that we will pick up snow showers through the night, coming in off the North Sea, to tide us over until this second band of snow arrives in the morning (if it arrives at all)