Cold?
IGNORED

Moon Phases

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning everyone

Just to add to my last post

May 6th New moon phase also on this day the Pmoon will be in Perigee, looking at the perigee time table

January 19th 366435

February 14th 370215

March 10th 366301

April 7th 361082

May 6th 357771......................New moon

June 3rd 357250.....................closest since february

July 29th 363886

August 26th 368692

September 20th 368888

October 17th 363826

November 14th 358972

December 12th 356567..............closest to earth for the whole year

Three dates im interested in are on may 6th/ june 3rd/ and December 12th the main one

December perigee i think there may be a severe storm around this date, due to the moon being the closest to earth for the whole year. this event will also coincide with the SPRING TIDES, so im expecting very stormy conditions around the coastline

MAY event im going along the same lines with stormy conditions especially around the coast line, this could be a strong spring tide

====================================

SEMIDURNAL

This is the differance in height between high and low waters over a period about half a day, varies in a two week cycle

Around the new moon or full moon when the sun, moon, and earth form a line [known as a syzygy] the tidal forces due to the sun reinforce those of the moon. The tides range is then maximum {known as spring tides]

When the moon is at first quarter of last wuarter, the sun and moon are seperated by 90 degrees when viewed from the earth, and the forces due to the sun partially cancel those of the moon. At these points in the lunar cycle the tiides range is minimum {NEAP TIDE}

There is a 7 day interval between spring and neap tides

When the moon is in PERIGEE the range is increased and at APOGEE The range is decreased

Every 7.5 lunations PERIGEE coinincides with either new or full moon causing PERIGEAN TIDES,

nigel

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted

ROGER

If your looking in what are your thoughts on the dates ive mentioned, MAY 6TH NEW MOON AND PERIGEE SAME DAY

May 20th full moon and apogee same day. also im concerned about DECEMBER 12th A LONG LONG WAY OFF YET I KNOW BUT THE MOON WILL BE CLOSEST TO THE EARTH ON THIS DAY FOR THE WHOLE YEAR APPROX 356567KM

Regarding the 6th may perigee at 0323hrs approx then half hour later the new moon, personally i reckon this could be a very stormy period

would like to hear your thoughts

nigel

Posted

FULL MOON FRIDAY 21ST MARCH

APOGEE 26TH MARCH

[att

achment=58384:friday_2...moon_00z.png]

cookie batten down the hatches again

nigel

Posted

Evening Cookie

I think your the only one what takes notice, {thanks again} anyway whats this about reputition???? i cant remember having any iof that , well since i started this thread anyway lol

Anyway regarding the 21st {next weekend}

Take a look at some of your data for these dates,

Jan 3rd {apogee}

Jan 22nd {Full moon}

Jan 31st {apogee}these dates the North East was very windy/ and wet indeed

Feb 28th {apogee}

Feb 21st {FULL MOON} Aain both these dates was very windy especially the 21st

MARCH 7th {NEW MOON}

March 10th{ Perigee) again very windy period

March 26h {Apogee}

March 21st {FULL MOON}im expecting the same scenario for these dates

Nigel

Posted

I enjoy reading it mate, I'm still understanding and learning and take time to read you're posts ( cant understand why more people don't)

anyway whats this about reputition????

of getting things right :o

I will watch the 21st on the charts

Posted

Nigel did you ever watch the tv show planet earth on THE BBC?

I was meant to tell you this ages ago.

they mentioned something interesting about the moon very slowly away from the earth.

Posted

Evening Cookie

my apologies , i havent replied to your last post, been a tad busy , this week !

Anyway, nope unfortunately i missed that one, during a week day im usually in bed by around 8pmish , due to getting up very early in the mornings around 3.30ish

Hope you enjoy this weekend, remember its the FULL MOON again tomorrow , and look whats happened , more wind , !!

nigel

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Afternoon everyone

As you are all aware im currently doing alot of research regarding the moon phases and our weather,

Well ive decided to concentrate more on weather patterns around The Full moon Phase and The New moon phase, also involved will be Perigee and Apogee

Reason i have decided to do this , is that since ive been doing this research, ive noticed that there is more activity regarding our weather around these phases of the moon. Also im going to be doing alot of work looking into Gravity. Again reason ive chosen this is because, ive found that there are more earthquakes around either a full moon or new moon,

Think about it logically, The moon causes Tides TRUE, caused by the gravitational pull, whats stopping this gravitational pull stirring up the sea bed ???? there are faults which run on our sea beds!,

Therefore this is a bit premature, but be wary of the date around December 12th , The moon will be at the FULL MOON STAGE AT1637HRS and also the moon will be PERIGEE at 2138hrs [ 3 hrs later] Also the moon will be at its closest stage to the earth for the whole year approx 356567 , putting two and two together this gives the ingredients for some very strong tides and possibly some flooding around some coastal routes [ if i new where i would say so] but unfortunately i cannot do this]

Some of you may laugh at what i have just posted, but please take notice,

Nigel

Posted

you know me by now Nigel and hopefully know that I wont laugh at anything.

it dose make sense what you have written,

you mentioned december but is their anything to watch in next few weeks?

Posted

Evening Cookie

NEW MOON 6TH APRIL

PERIGEE 7TH APRIL 361082KM APPROX closest the moon will be so far this year.

Perigee in January was 366435km

===================================

FULL MOON APRIL 20TH

APOGEE APRIL 23RD

==============================

NIGEL

Posted
Afternoon everyone

As you are all aware im currently doing alot of research regarding the moon phases and our weather,

Well ive decided to concentrate more on weather patterns around The Full moon Phase and The New moon phase, also involved will be Perigee and Apogee

Reason i have decided to do this , is that since ive been doing this research, ive noticed that there is more activity regarding our weather around these phases of the moon. Also im going to be doing alot of work looking into Gravity. Again reason ive chosen this is because, ive found that there are more earthquakes around either a full moon or new moon,

Think about it logically, The moon causes Tides TRUE, caused by the gravitational pull, whats stopping this gravitational pull stirring up the sea bed ???? there are faults which run on our sea beds!,

Therefore this is a bit premature, but be wary of the date around December 12th , The moon will be at the FULL MOON STAGE AT1637HRS and also the moon will be PERIGEE at 2138hrs [ 3 hrs later] Also the moon will be at its closest stage to the earth for the whole year approx 356567 , putting two and two together this gives the ingredients for some very strong tides and possibly some flooding around some coastal routes [ if i new where i would say so] but unfortunately i cannot do this]

Some of you may laugh at what i have just posted, but please take notice,

Nigel

Look up Harald Yndestad, who works on lunar cycle - climate and ecosystem interactions, his doctoral thesis and papers are freely available.

I read recently that volcanic eruptions are associated with tidal extremes, but earthquakes are not significantly correlated. May be wrong, of course!

Walter Munk's paper on tidal friction is wonderfully readable, despite the complexities of the maths. One of the interesting points is that the moon is yet another a climate forcing, heating the ocean directly in shallow zones at a teraWatt rates (The total energy dissipated is 2.7 x 1019ergs/second) - a tiny amount, maybe, but the oceans have a huge capacity for retaining heat, compared with the atmosphere.

Also this

Posted

COOKIE

Two too keep a sharp eye on

May 6th NEW MOON at 0355 half hour earlier moon will be PERIGEE at 0323 {same day]

May 20th FULL MOON at 0211 APOGEE same day at 1429hrs

Ime going for strong winds around the 6th may , also there should be some decent wave heights , { i know you like taking pics of waves] lol should be interesting

On the 6th moon will be orbiting the earth at around 357771{distance] from earth

NIGEL

Edited by stormchaser1

COOKIE

May 6th NEW MOON at 0355 half hour earlier moon will be PERIGEE at 0323 {same day]

Ime going for strong winds around the 6th may , also there should be some decent wave heights , { i know you like taking pics of waves] lol should be interesting

On the 6th moon will be orbiting the earth at around 357771{distance] from earth

NIGEL

New Moon is on May 5 at 1218 UT I think.

Posted
COOKIE

NIGEL

just with the time of you I would have thought things would be calming down by now wind wise?

Posted
New Moon is on May 5 at 1218 UT I think.

Morning STELLA

Well spotted. Mistake on my behalf , my apologies, {probably slip of the finger] Indeed the New moon is on the 5th may

nigel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Cookie

No ive not given up , {not my style]. at the moment im trying to do too many things at once,. {not enough hours in the day }!

Also im trying to get together as much information as i can , as im trying to prepare my winter forcast by using the data i have {and using the moon phases} i know we are in summer {well sort of}

i will report soon !

nigel

Posted

:D hello...I'd just like to say how glad I am you are keeping your research going.

I've been a member for months but never posted but regulalry visited to read your posts. I was kinda worried you'd stopped.

There, I've posted now.

Congrats on the good work...