Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Introducing The Netweather Team

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Good luck boyz,

Lets hope you get some great storms :yahoo: Oh and the pics to prove it heheheh.

Posted
I didn't know you had 3 kids called Storms, Storm Chasing and Fishing! :yahoo:

Good luck with it all!

I have to admit I raised an eyebrow too. I've heard of the scottish custom of naming daughters after remote Hebridean islands (in the mistaken belief that nobody else has done the same), but naming them after weather features and hobbies must have taken some getting past the missus.

Posted
I have to admit I raised an eyebrow too. I've heard of the scottish custom of naming daughters after remote Hebridean islands (in the mistaken belief that nobody else has done the same), but naming them after weather features and hobbies must have taken some getting past the missus.

Would never have gotten that by the Missus :yahoo: But saying that Steve Lansdell (Stevestorms) has a daughter called "Storm" :yahoo:

Paul S

Posted

Good luck team, and take care. Looking forward to your updates! :p

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Thanks for the support guys and gals, only 24 days now until we land in DFW. :whistling:

Looking pretty quiet over the Plains/Mid-West over the next 5-6 days as an arctic airmass covers the area thanks to a 'Death Ridge' high over the Mid-West and A deep trough over the Eern Seaboard dragging down cold and dry NWerlies.

post-1052-1175806760_thumb.png

ARRRGGHHH ... worst nightmare chart for storm chasers!

However, signs have been afoot in the models, ECM/GFS around 7-10 days suggests the 'death ridge' slowly eroding as a strong Pacific jet pushes East and amplifying into a trough over the Rockies by late next week, which will serve to draw up warm moist air from the Gulf over the Sern Plains and also increase wind shear aloft for storms to become severe.

T+180 500mb and SLP chart + Dew point chart shows surface low and upper trough over Rockies drawing in warm moist S/SE flow over Mid-West,

post-1052-1175806541_thumb.pngpost-1052-1175806550_thumb.png

... To far off for specifics but short-waves and dry lines heading in from West/SW usually make the warm moist air unstable with such synoptics.

GFS/ECM 8-10 day heights:

post-1052-1175806512_thumb.png

Hopefully this potential pattern when it arrives will hang around and reload by the time we arrive and when we are there :whistling:

Posted

Good luck to all of you. I hope it's the experience of a lifetime and that 2007 will prove to be a mammoth year for storms. Just don't forget the reports and the pics!

Posted

Good luck guys, will look forward to your reports and updates, I hit the plains on the 14th May for two weeks.

Oklahoma here I come

Edited by boycie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Big thanks to the team for giving me this chance to chase for real this year as opposed to the virtual chasing last time out :) I hope a few of you who aren't so lucky will be able to take part via the forums. Your ideas and suggestions will be a great help and I hope we can bag some awesome footage to share with you.

Posted

Me mate Miles and his pal Stewart are over state side now!!! it has been grim snow everywhere I feel real bad for them, I think they have seen one storm and thats it!!!!

I know they are left trouser leged off, and there is the pitfall of a 2 weeek or less trip you can go and see nothing but generally if yiou go for longer you can ride out something like this happening even though just like last year it get real boring sitting in Amarillo at the Big T waiting for something to change!!

Edited by stevestorms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Big thanks to the team for giving me this chance to chase for real this year as opposed to the virtual chasing last time out :lol: I hope a few of you who aren't so lucky will be able to take part via the forums. Your ideas and suggestions will be a great help and I hope we can bag some awesome footage to share with you.

Good Luck Gorky on your first real chase!! Make sure you bag some great footage whether it's pics or video. You'll have a great time. I'm very envious - in a nice way. :)

Me mate Miles and his pal Stewart are over state side now!!! it has been grim snow everywhere I feel real bad for them, I think they have seen one storm and thats it!!!!

I know they are left trouser leged off, and there is the pitfall of a 2 weeek or less trip you can go and see nothing but generally if yiou go for longer you can ride out something like this happening even though just like last year it get real boring sitting in Amarillo at the Big T waiting for something to change!!

Hi Steve, luck plays a big part by the sounds of it. Your mates must feel gutted, I know I would be.

Good luck team, I will be following your every move on here, so keep us updated with pics and descriptions of the storms and your experiences. Hopefully I will be able to join you all next year..........

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Could Not resist this one.

post-24-1176932768_thumb.jpg

With only 9 days until we all meet at the Sofitel (Gatwick) on Saturday next week have been sorting through equipment. Pretty much everything ready.

Canon EOS 350D

Sony Handycam

Canon Battery Charger & 3 x Batteries

Sony Charger & 2 x 4 hour Batteries

15 x 1 hour Mini Dv Cassettes

1 x 2mg Memory Stick (520 Images)

Laptop

Baron System

Tripod

Remote Release Cable

2 x US to GB Socket converters

1 x 4 way Plug Adaptor

3 x 10 amp cigarette Power Sockets

Video Camera Suction Mount for Sony Handycam - Dashboard Mount

GPS Mouse Kit

GPS Mapping Software

Golfball, Marble, Softball

23 T-Shirts & Other Clothing

Suncream

Caps & Shades (Very Important)

Weather Radio

Passport, Car Hire Agreement, Plane Tickets, US Dollars

Would be good to see what the others are taking.

Paul Sherman

Posted
snip

...Release Cable

2 x US to GB Socket converters

1 x 4 way Plug Adaptor

3 x 10 amp cigarette Power Sockets

Video Camera Suction Mount for Sony Handycam - Dashboard Mount

GPS Mouse Kit

GPS Mapping Software

Golfball, Marble, Softball

23 T-Shirts & Other Clothing

Suncream

Caps & Shades (Very Important)

Weather Radio

Passport, Car Hire Agreement, Plane Tickets, US Dollars

Paul Sherman

Paul, I'm awed - as the woman on this trip, even I'm not bringing that many!! :) <_<

Posted
Could Not resist this one.

With only 9 days until we all meet at the Sofitel (Gatwick) on Saturday next week have been sorting through equipment. Pretty much everything ready.

Paul Sherman

I must admit the golfball, marble thing confused me for a bit there until Áine 'suggested' the reason to me! <_<

Here we go then.......

MP3 Player/Mobile/General gadget

- Headphones

Laptop

- 2 batteries & charger

- Card Reader

Canon EOS 400D

- 2 Lenses

- Polarising Filter

- Wired Remote

- 2 batteries & charger

- 1 GB & 2 GB memory cards

Sunglasses

Airline E-tickets

Passport

Currency

Travel Insurance Stuff

2 plug converters

Sun cream

Clothes (Not that I shall get many in with this lot & my packing skills!)

Last Will & Testament (Just in case you come good with that ‘Rain-Shrouded Core Punching’! :):) )

Stewart

Posted
Paul, I'm awed - as the woman on this trip, even I'm not bringing that many!! :):)

Well you see I am there for 23 days <_< :)

Posted

1ST Week of May still on a Knife-edge due to our good friend the GFS - Crap FS Should be. 1 day it shows armegeddon 3rd May 99 scenarios, then nothing not even a breeze. Today's offerings for the 1st Chase Day are quite favourable again.

post-24-1177014484_thumb.png Damn Hot

post-24-1177014504_thumb.png - Capes at about 3000-4000 :) <_< & LI's of -6

That should scare the cr*p out of them

Paul S