Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Cold Spell

Posted
Certainly wasn't cold today. First time this year i've been working with a short-sleeved short on. No jacket. Lovely sunny day. :rolleyes:

I work in a t-shirt all winter, you only need to get warmed up . :D

Posted
I work in a t-shirt all winter, you only need to get warmed up . :D

Aye, db! Jockistan is generally a good few degrees colder :rolleyes:

Get you drift though...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

i got a few snow showers on sunday and monday morning and some sharp frosts.for me the cold snap was noting special,pretty much what i expected from a cold snap in march. but i wouldnt say no to another one if it came.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

jus a lot of snow and sleet showers in cork, nothing settled :D . the Galty Mountains looked spectacular back at home in tipperary though :rolleyes:

Posted

It wasn't the most potent of cold spell by any means

However given the non productive and horribly mild atlantic dominated

winter that we had, I felt pleasantly suprised and satisfied that it at least doubled

my Snowfall tally to 4cms

So overall not bad IMO.

I do feel for those who perhaps didn't do quite as well as I did out of it and

understand their frustration.

Lets hope next winter is better for everyone :nonono:

Posted
It wasn't the most potent of cold spell by any means

However given the non productive and horribly mild atlantic dominated

winter that we had, I felt pleasantly suprised and satisfied that it at least doubled

my Snowfall tally to 4cms

So overall not bad IMO.

I do feel for those who perhaps didn't do quite as well as I did out of it and

understand their frustration.

Lets hope next winter is better for everyone :nonono:

Hi again gmg the cold spell was the best for me in terms of snowfall i just hoped it would last a couple of days longer as i was enjoing the snow.

Posted

Crap.

I only got 0.5cm of snow cover...and that wasn't even on roads or pavements and could only be measured on the top of my fence. That adds the grand total of all the snow cover I've had this winter to 1.5cm.

Snow showers struggled to settle...even at night. It certainly puts this winter into perspective when I actually got more snow last March than the whole of this astronomical\meterological winter.

Posted

Don't complain too much, over here by the "other ocean" we are enduring days and days of heavy rain, people are climbing the walls as it just keeps on raining, more like what we normally get in November or December, as March is quite often a month of varied spells of weather here, but anyway, I believe we have had twice the normal March rainfall already and it's only the 22nd of the month, more heavy rain to come, so here comes 3x normal or maybe 4 ???

There is heavy snow above 1,000 metres on the Coast Range mountains and we're in danger of seeing a massive Fraser River flood in late May or June when it all melts, so this high water table now is of great concern -- we have not had this severe flood event since 1948, but if it comes, it will do a lot of damage because large parts of the Vancouver area are at or slightly below sea level in the Fraser delta, and the existing dykes are not high enough to keep out a major flood, unless they get working on them this next few weeks while there is still time to add a few feet of protection.

As for the sun, I think we have had perhaps two sunny days since New Years, most unusual by my experience of the past ten years here, but just after arriving here, March 1997 was apparently the wettest month on record here, looking like a record about to be broken though. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
Don't complain too much, over here by the "other ocean" we are enduring days and days of heavy rain.

We had more than enough of that over the last 5 months and only a trivial amount of cold and snow which nowhere near compensated. Hopefully the coming autumn/winter will revert to something approaching normality. El Nino was to blame...... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

All in all it was crap. Rain showers with only two frosts, one only an hour long before yet more rain moved in. It honestly didn't feel that cold either and temperatures reached 8C if not higher on all days of the "cold" spell.

But then I didn't expect anything more from a March cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
All in all it was crap. Rain showers with only two frosts, one only an hour long before yet more rain moved in. It honestly didn't feel that cold either and temperatures reached 8C if not higher on all days of the "cold" spell.

But then I didn't expect anything more from a March cold snap.

It was the most pathetic winter since records began in 1659.. end of story.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

By the way our plants didn't listen to the doom and gloom merchants and survived the frosts quiet happily and still flowering happily.

Posted
It was the most pathetic winter since records began in 1659.. end of story.

not really true as I suspect you are aware anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

However frustrating it has been for some members regarding the lack of and severity of cold spells, what has been eye-catching is the variation and diversity of our weather. The last 12 weeks has pummeled the Uk with virtually every weather type, ranging from raging wind storms, flash floods, hailstorms, thunderstorms, snowstorms, etc.....

Although some areas haven't seen any snowfall this past Winter, Haverhill has for which I'm fortunate and ecstatic about :)

'Mammatus thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 months of Winter 2006/7' :) NOT the start :help:

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus