Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part XI

shuggee

Posted
I'm not feeling so lonely now! :drinks:

Im hoping this is a rain to snow event, perhaps when the heavy stuff arrives or later inot th evening things will switch to the right side of marginal!!! :unknw:

Posted

been really heavy snow here for around 20mins and shows no sign of stopping this is wicked!!! i thought the sky looked full of snow this morning and wasnt i right lol

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
Can anybody tell me if Oxford & swindon is likely to se much in the next few hours?

Many Thanks

Unlikely - too mild and not heavy enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Turned a little sleety again here. Snow cover is lasting. Although I would have thought it should have turned heavier by now and evap cooling would have played more of a part. Temp 0.9C

Posted

snow 3 times heavier then it was yesterday and i am not exagerating (dont no how to spell that lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

For people who havent got it, I would guess you are largely below 40m asl? This may the reason. However if you're above 50m asl you might have drizzle turning to snow when the heavier stuff comes along.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nothing better to cheer yourself up when its raining here and 60 miles west have heavy snow than having jump around by house of pain at a high volume :drinks::unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!
has anybody had the sleet turn to heavy snow as its became heavier, or has it just remained as sleet?

Still rain here in Tamworth, occasional sleety bits no snow yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

worth noting on the snow that hasnt melted at all, there is now about 9cm lying looks rather odd really :drinks:

Posted

Hey this is my first post, im from Shenstone near Sutton Coldfield and its heavy sleet lol im 200m high but its just not snow, will i see snow. Thanks guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Alcohol?

I know it's early, but I wouldn't blame you!

:drinks:

That sounds like a good idea :D Alcohol with music on at full blast with all curtains in the house closed so you cant see the last bit of snowfall being melted by moderate - heavy rain :unknw:

Posted

The 2-5cm forecasted for here on last nights bbc forecast, has been smashed already!!! With more expected!!

All the way into this evening, possibly overnight aswell, looking borderline for overnight!!

Posted

Just posted in the snow reports section, but thinking that t2m temps arent the only factor here.

In Wednesbury (West Millands), it was snowing at 1.5oC. In South Derbyshire, just north of Ashby-de-la Zouch (Louth/Breedon/Staunton Harold (sp?)), temps were 1.5oC and sleeting. Here, just south of Derby City, its 1.5oC and raining (perhaps sleety in the odd shower).

Posted
Snow is coming, don't worry.

Its not something i worry about Ian, but i do have to drive back down to stoke about 5iDoh a dumb swear filter got the better of me!! Are you suggesting i should be worrying about!!! :drinks:

Posted
come down this way there's loads of the stuff :drinks:

The irony is I moved from around there two weeks ago!! Hey ho, can't win 'em all. It wasn't expected today anyway so we're not really missing out...... (she says through gritted teeth! :unknw: )

Edited by Louise

Posted
That sounds like a good idea :unknw: Alcohol with music on at full blast with all curtains in the house closed so you cant see the last bit of snowfall being melted by moderate - heavy rain :drinks:

If it was me, i'd probably be outside rolling around in the last bit now, but we don't have any snow here anywhere, so there's nothing to lose!

Posted

There is going to be some serious snowfall amounts in some areas. Especially for the north/west Midlands. This band could last on into the evening, if it does then we good see some very high totals.