Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 9

shuggee

Posted

Carry on with your observations and discussion here :rofl:

Posted

I am just a big kid. Despite having a back garden really only big enough to swing a cat around, I managed to muster up this creation.

post-503-1170934567_thumb.jpg

Still snowing here, still 0.1C.

Posted

PMSL that's brilliant :rofl:

Hopefulyl we'll get enough later to do the same, just about enough to make a snowball right now but still snowing (lightly)

Posted
I am just a big kid. Despite having a back garden really only big enough to swing a cat around, I managed to muster up this creation.

Lol thats great.Right thats it!! Oxfordshireis the place to go. Please can you lot tell me where has the most snow AND is on the railway! Then im off to that train station with camera in hand ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is funny how much difference there must be a few miles down the road from me. People in Birmingham are talking about heavy snow, south of here people appear to have LOADS, and yet here we got a couple of measly cms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
On the grand scale of things I'd probably call this event mod, maybe the lower emd of severe but I think what SF was getting at is when compared to the really massive events that we've had in the past this doesn't quite match up though its very severe when you consider what we've been used ot over the last 10 or so years.

I think it's likely to make a 4 on my classification- not as widespread/severe as some of the events of 1978/79, 1981/82 and 1984/85 which produced some 5s, but nonetheless a pretty potent event, especially in the context of recent winters.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

STEEL SNOWINGS HEAVYS IN LOOTONS!!! LVOELY 9CM OF IT'S GORGEOUS DREEFTS!! VERY HEAVY SNOWFALLS IN LONGTIMES!!!

Posted

post-503-1170934567_thumb.jpg

I Think I'm dreaming it's finally snowing,. my prayers are answered.

Yippppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :drinks::drinks:

Posted

Well looking at the radar looks like a covering is all we're likely to see in Norwich this time round (unless Sat comes off here) looks like its all fading away now sadly

Posted

hey all, can you put my mind to rest, right woke up at 9, live in doncaster in a village away from town and there was a slight covering 0.5cm, snow has stopped and melted slightly, is doncaster ever going to get a proper covering today? any heavy falls?

Posted

Yeah thats what i'd have thought looking at the reports, its not a 5 though I'm ure of that unless the next wave on Sat turns up a suprise, prehaps the combined force of the two could a tleast tip it closer to 5 tohugh even then it probably wouldn't be severe enough.

Sadly snow has finally turned to sleet as the back-edge of the front finally moves through, but i suppose 7 and a half hours of snow isn't too bad, neither is 8cms of snowfall ,the biggest since Jan 2004!

Front is looking like a right mess right now, its really starting to break up somewhat now and decaying, quite a sizeable splitfrom Kent up through to NW England and it'll likely be growing as well over the next few hours and there is a massive rash of showers which may wel lbe thundery as well in the milder air which themsleves may well have hail which is wintry in nature i suppose!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Lol thats great.Right thats it!! Oxfordshireis the place to go.

Come to Northamptonshire, its the next county up, sort of on the right.

Posted

Well we got exactly what most people forecast, cold rain along the East Sussex coast.

It did turn to 5cm of snowy mush just north of Lewes and then I got something that wasn't forecast - a Citroen Picasso sliding into the front of my car - plonker!!!! :drinks:

Still I am very happy for all you who got the real snow, its been a long wait. Perhaps we might see something before the end of this winter down here?

Edited by Coast

Posted

Ok a bunch more photos to give some idea of how snowy it is in oxford:

http://www.putfile.com/wellingtonboot/images

It should be possible to enlarge them. temps are -0.6C now, with very fine but steady ppn falling

And i am still on course at the end of today to have slept 5 hours out the last possible 60.

Edited by wellington boot

Posted
I Think I'm dreaming it's finally snowing,. my prayers are answered.

Yippppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :drinks::drinks:

Very pleased for you :D

Enjoy!

Posted
lol :drinks: I wondered that!

I think the snowman looks rather sinister. I'm the one who looks less sinister. I reused the eyes and the nose that still happened to be lying on the back garden from a much poorer attempt a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

worth considering by the way, that the images are all taken at different times, but all after at least 2-3 hours of intensive snowball fighting, snowman building etc. yet most parts of the lawn still had up to half a foot on them. Around the snowmen it was of course different

Posted
And i am still on course at the end of today to have slept 5 hours out the last possible 60.

I haven't been to bed yet either, i've been up since about 8am yesterday morning.

My wife had a surprisingly easy drive home from work this morning up the A45, and she's asleep now. I must think about having a nap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Stopped snowing here now, it never got very heavy and now because it was only a slight covering its melting on the paths and roads. :drinks:

Posted
Come to Northamptonshire, its the next county up, sort of on the right.

never thought i woul ask this question ... how many inches have you got??

its cant be too far away otherwise it'll all be melted!! The train is at 1230pm ...