Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather station choice

MarkD

hi everyone

not an unusual request for help im sure, but im new to weather stations etc and want something that will give me the usual measurements - im torn between the vantage pro 2 and the lacrosse WS2500. im guessing that due to the rpice difference the pro 2 is considerably better but im just wondering if it really is THAT different?! Any other reecommendations or thoughts mch appreciated

thanks in advance

Mark

Posted

you get what you pay with auto wx stns the same as anything else. Mine is VP wireless and is first class but people with the other models may say they are happy with theirs. Part of the choice hinges on what you wish to do with the data. Simply store it to your computer or upload it to your site on the web.

John

Posted

Just going to move this into the weather equipment area - where there's lots of threads that might also help :cc_confused:

Posted

Good choice :)

Mine arrived the other day and is a very nice piece of kit. Just trying to find a good accurate place to put it in the garden!

Posted
thanks john and shuggee - much appreciated - hadnt found this section before - really good stuff. ordered the VP2 and cant wait to get going with it and get into the forum some more

cheers

M

good luck Mark, be nice when you have it if you popped your town in your avatar?

thanks

John

• 3 weeks later...