Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 07th Jan 2006

Paul Sherman

Posted
Been snowing here (5 miles south of Guildford Surrey) now for couple of hours, light to start, bit heavier now, settling on cars/grass a little....lets hope it keeps up, our 1st snow of the winter :)

Welcome Aboard :)

Cant make its mind up here. Having spells of rain, then sleet, then snow and back to rain again :)

Posted
the me is just wokens ups and pulled back curtains and saw it is snowings very heavy in lootons. it is started settlings on cars and roofs and grass. temp is 0.9c. lovely flakies is fallings very fasts!!! fanatseeec surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a lie down again Crazeee loootons before a heart attack

Posted

We've got snizzle here again. Did have snow earlier. Actually the flakes are getting bigger but it's far too wet to settle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well we had drizzle at first, then sleet and now very wet snow falling - ground soaking from all the snizzly stuff so it won't amount to anything but it has brightened up the children's day :)

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

gufawwwwwwwwwwwwww mr holmes!!! steel snowings beautifullys here!!!not settlings properly tho. tempsie is 1.9c

Posted

good on yer mate, find a bit of a hill then you can build a snowman!

regards

John

Posted

Wow!!

Me & Mr Snowshoehare were enjoying a lie in before driving up north for a party, he was wanting to take his rear wheel drive car which has a flat battery..

We just pulled back the curtains to see lovely settled snow!! About 1 inch.. where did that come from??

Temperature outside currently 1.9 and overcast, so slow thaw may be beginning..

Lovely surprise, not sure whether more is expected? Can anyone fill me in quickly?

Cheers :D:D

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

We have heavy snow here, albeit too wet to settling, although it is settling on the grass.

Come on temperature! Fall!

Posted

Well snow at Heathrow, Barnet and Bellingham; sleet in Brixton since daybreak. Still even that is more than I expected...

Regards

ACB

Posted
No snow here, just light rain/ drizzle since about 11.00am

That'll be a "no snow" report then.

Just to show that it does snow in places other than snowy old London town, and what prosically used to be called the home counties, we've just had the mother and father of all snow showers here in GlenStratosdale. I did try uploading some video but the site told me that I wasn't allowed to, so an old fashioned piccy will have to do, mind you there's heaps of resolution in it so you can actually see the snowflakes: yes, they were big enough to see, and real flakes too: none of that netto own-label graupel nonsense posing as snow.

And you know what, it lasted ten minutes and was just starting to turn the grass off-green when...it stopped.

Wow, what a winter: snow on three consecutive days. There'll doubtless be rush on sledges down in Chavley this afternoon.

post-364-1136635472_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Continuous but not particularly heavy snow started here at 11.50, fields just beginning to turn white. Temp' has fallen from 0.7c to 0.2c since it started, which is nice.

T.M

Posted
Continuous but not particularly heavy snow started here at 11.50, fields just beginning to turn white. Temp' has fallen from 0.7c to 0.2c since it started, which is nice.

T.M

TM,

HNY.

Doesn't the "not particularly heavy" go without saying nowadays?

Posted
Well snow at Heathrow, Barnet and Bellingham; sleet in Brixton since daybreak. Still even that is more than I expected...

Regards

ACB

Rain in Wandsworth, Clapham and Waterloo ... I suppose the rain might have had a very very slight whitey sort-of tinge to it.

Didnt expect snow, Although the 2.30am walk home this morning did have orange skies which made me wonder.. Anyways :)

Light snow to moderate snowfalling this morning, semi big flakes though it looked to wet to settle UPON the sugar dusting of snow already on paths and grass.

<1cm settled, though it looked slightly more on shed roofs. Unable to take reading :D

Now all clear & just wet :D

Posted

South Birmingham - light rain/sleet from 10am until 1pm, light snow since then. Settling slightly on grass but instantly melting on everything else.

Temperature 2.6C at 10am, now dropped to 2.2C.

Posted

hi TM

see you on this topic, any snow with you yet?

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Moderate snow here at 850 feet in the Malvern Hills. It's the heaviest snow we've had here since the end of November, and is now settling readily. The temp is just approx 0C. Having just driven into it coming home from Worcester, I can report that it's only rain at lower levels. Looking at the radar, it probably won't last, but you have to make the most of it these days don't you?! :D

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted
take a look at the webcam throwing it down here

pics aswell show the snow starting to stick

Wolves,

I tell you, there must be at least 5cm there! Or is it just me?