Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th November

Shiny_Bottom_1

Guest Viking141

Ok had about half a dozen snow showers since I got up at 7am this morning, here in bonny Shetland.

Showers have been getting progressively heavier and more prolonged. The last one lasted from about 1pm until 1.45 and has covered us in a dusting of snow. Dry at the mo but looking ominously grey again to the North. More snow not far away and it will soon be dark here.

:clap:

Temp has also dropped from about 3-3.5C this am to OC now.

Edited by Viking141

Posted

Just had a ice-cold rain shower here in NI. At times the rain turned into sleet, but not a lot of it. Sunny skies now with a lot of huge white clouds in the distance in the North; don't think it''ll lie th ough. Winds are picking up too, getting quite gusty.

Matt

Posted

Something white's falling from the sky, but I'm not entirely sure what to call it. It's like soft hail, so I'm going to call it soft hail.

Far from being the clear blue skies as forecast....quite menacing in fact. And I'm going for a boys' night out with Jnr tonight to see Harry Potter. He fancies Hermione, and I fancy Professor McGonagall.

Posted
VERY frequent storm/wintry shower just passed with SEVERE wind gusts, with minor damage, followed by a wall of hail/snow pellats/and large blobs of slushy ice (sleet). Never expected such wintry conditions here this early...although it is now getting very cold outside. The storm is heading southwards, towards London area now, WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE! First proper wintry shower of the season. The hail was so small and heavy it made it look like a blizzard...a dust storm of ice!

copy that !

It sure was one nasty blast wave here...although only last 4-5 mins at most here. No mercy though, was so very dark, and still is mostly. I would expect Londoners are in for a surprise right about NOW ! The wind gust...hard to say..but surely that was 40-50mph at times?

Posted
copy that !

It sure was one nasty blast wave here...although only last 4-5 mins at most here. No mercy though, was so very dark, and still is mostly. I would expect Londoners are in for a surprise right about NOW ! The wind gust...hard to say..but surely that was 40-50mph at times?

Yep, same has just hit us just a little further south in barnet N London. Dark dark sky then strong wind and hail for 5 mins. has calmed down now to rain and less wind.

Just for a laugh wearing just my shirt,

I stood outside - blimey it hurt.

:clap:

Smich

Posted

Just had what I can only describe as a snow hurricane-about threeish. I live in the Chilterns,in Bucks. I saw the blackest cloud I've ever seen approach with great speed. Then came an intense, very high speed wind, with a strange howling noise - almost like a tornado sound. There was wet snow in this wind, enough to give the grass in my paddocks a white covering. I had to leave my mares and foals out to endure the wind and snow because it was too fierce to walk out into. They had snow on their backs too. All in safe and cosy now! Snowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
Just had what I can only describe as a snow hurricane-about threeish. I live in the Chilterns,in Bucks. I saw the blackest cloud I've ever seen approach with great speed. Then came an intense, very high speed wind, with a strange howling noise - almost like a tornado sound. There was wet snow in this wind, enough to give the grass in my paddocks a white covering. I had to leave my mares and foals out to endure the wind and snow because it was too fierce to walk out into. They had snow on their backs too. All in safe and cosy now! Snowangel

Hi snow angel - yeah same effect in reading just five mins ago although I was in the office so couldn't tell if thre was snow..defo hail. Like you have ponies/horses - we are going down there tonight to turn our feed store back into the stable for the little ones (shetlands only 1 yrs old), and so we can bring them all in (thoroughbreds too) pleased you have them nice and snuggly now - ours to do later!! hope it clears abit!! !10 to bring in in this weather is not a nice prospect!! Will you bring yours in all day tomoz?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just had a heavy hail and snow shower pass through

Posted

its snowing, quite heavy here its only showers, i was out in one and it was amazing it was like a blizzard. was on my way home from work about 20 minutes ago during a heavy shower and the whole place round to a halt,

Edited by dee88

Posted

snow,sleet & rain here,one minute snow the next sleet! When the snow falls it goes VERY dark,brightened up again now but winds increasing.

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

Very Heavy snow showers and soft hail up here onthe Isle of Lewis throughout the day

Wind gusting to 55 - 60 mph white out blizzard conditions at times

Posted
VERY frequent storm/wintry shower just passed with SEVERE wind gusts, with minor damage, followed by a wall of hail/snow pellats/and large blobs of slushy ice (sleet). Never expected such wintry conditions here this early...although it is now getting very cold outside. The storm is heading southwards, towards London area now, WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE! First proper wintry shower of the season. The hail was so small and heavy it made it look like a blizzard...a dust storm of ice!

That decribes exactly what we had about an hour ago.

Pretty much what happened almost 2hrs ago. Except mine was small pellets of hail that stung in the very gusty wind here :)

(mods i posted a report / new thread in storm reports, sorry if wrong place :) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

another 2 snow showers went through, albeit light. Snow that has settled (not very much), has not melted.

Posted

Just had a heavy snow shower here in Newry. It's lying now; covering on the cars and fences and grass; not on the rodas yet or anything --- they're still too warm and wet. Snow is still wettish though.

Matt

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

bright and sunnys blue skies, then wents dark in split seconds, hail is starteds and masseev longs gust of winds and also clipperty clops of thunder, then WET SNOW IS STARTED FALLINGS!!!! YIPSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! AMAZINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ME IS HAD FIRST SNOW SHOWER OF WINTERS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

current temp is 2.2c. very icy wind blowings outsides!!!!!!!