Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 24th June 2005

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

:rolleyes: Completely dry until 7:15 am. A menacing black anvil mushroomed up from the south-west and produced fantastic forked lightning with very loud thunderclaps.

Three heavy bursts of rain since, with occasional forked lightning and loud thunder. Very gloomy with light north-westerly breeze, a gustier westerly occurred as the rain started at 7:15.

Posted

Yet another thunderstorm close to Ilimnster at the moment.

Last storm finished at about 06.30 this morning, and now a new storm has started again!

Regular claps of thunder, interference on the TV with reception being lost for about 10 minutes

Posted

Dark areas of medium level cloud to the south (Uttoxeter) and very light variable winds

Thunder now very distant but continuous mod rain.

Look like Southern Peak District will get mostly rain and not much action.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Dont want to double post so here is my report for my travels this morning.

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.p...ndpost&p=367784

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Several rumbles of thunder and the occasional flash of lightning here in the past hour, accompanied by light-moderate rain.

The radar echoes showed some very heavy rain to the south west but if it's still moving this way it's either missed us or slowed considerably.

The met office radar seems to have gone down, no 0830 update.

T.M

Posted

Bath

T-Storm increasing in severity. Just seen the first forks to strike to the SW of the city.

Rain has been heavy and consistent for some time (can only just make out the treeline to the south of the city) The gutters of the Theatre Royal starting to overflow quite nicley!

Looking forward to this one as there are two tall spires with lightening conductors on buildings next to us. Should liven things up a bit :rolleyes::):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

had 3-4 lots of storms here so far today one around 2 am which was mainly lightning...7.30 i woke to thunder 9.30 ish another storm with very heavy rain and now its just started up again..heavy rain,thunder and lightning with strong gales

Posted

Couple of rumbles of thunder and a short but heavy shower in Buckingham around 10.30. Wonderful after all that sticky heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Okay had a brill thunderstorm about 7.20am lasted for about half an hour then we had a slight thunderstorm at 8.30am which lasted 10 mins. Now its just wet! Rain stopped now tho

Posted

storm started about 4 am last night

i was sleeping aboard a ship last night MV seamark in cardiff docks as i'm a instructor with sea cadets anyway, had 3 generators running last night and one bolt was louder than the engines running!!!!!

forked lightning so i went to bridge to watch it

lovely stuff

rob

Posted

What a day is this :rolleyes: .

Mr Sherman :) , when you collate these I need 4 (FOUR) more added to my total :) .

Since just before 08.00 there has been thunder heard every minute from 4 different cells. 2 went to the W, 1 to the E and 1 overhead in the last hour.

Some very close CG strikes, many emergency sirens heard owing either to strikes, flooding or road accidents.

There has been just over 1 inch of rain so far with 2 particularly violent downpours, the 2nd of which has just stopped.

It looked to be clearing but more is developing - what is happening!!!!!

:):);)

Posted

Heavy rain in W'boro, with a single roll of thunder so far...

Actually, make that two, with some nice lightning.

I'm not going to get a lot of work done today, am I!!

-PBS-

Edited by Pale Blue Sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The thunderstorms started at 2am and have only just stopped here and the sun has come out. Many roads around the area are flooded after 3.5 inches of rain! Some really loud thunder and frequent lightning, particularly at 6am. Looks like some more might brew up soon, very humid still and warm now the sun is out.

Posted
storm started about 4 am last night

i was sleeping aboard a ship last night MV seamark in cardiff docks as i'm a instructor with sea cadets anyway, had 3 generators running last night and one bolt was louder than the engines running!!!!!

forked lightning so i went to bridge to watch it

lovely stuff

rob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you coming into Barry for the Tall ships??? :rolleyes:

Posted

:rolleyes: wow, what an amazing storm last night in poole, dorset.

it started late evening with a really dark sky, we watched it come from our bedroom window rolling over the purbecks, then the lightning started followed by a bit of thunder.

we decided to watch from baiter in poole, when we got down there it was packed with people doing the same thing, the lightning was a fantastic show over the purbecks, swanage, poole and eventually everywhere.

we then went to sandbanks, again it was packed.

we watched the whole storm in the car from start to finish,

we went home at 1 am, with a few flashes still going on,

its the first time ive ever watched a whole storm in the car, its an experience i will never forget.

im now waiting for the next one to arrive.

sarah, poole.

:):)

Edited by sarah69

Posted

Hey Guys,

Thunderstorm rolling in now, just been woken up :rolleyes: being lazy as i have a day off college.

But haven't seen any lightning, just keep hearing rumbles of thunder.

Chris

Posted

After missing out for what seems like months & months without any "proper" storms down here......it all came together lqst night with some serious storms on a night with no work in the morning

It started at 2am here in Tiverton (Mid Devon) and went on all night, with lightning every few seconds as more and more storms passed all around, by 6am it calmed down a bit only to flair up again for a couple of hours!!

What a show, it makes up for all the time ive been waiting.....

I also had a very very close one while out filming last night, ive just got to take some screen shots and post them, but put it this way in one frame of the film you can see the leader/streamer coming from me just before a very big strike just accross the road!! how close!!! ... i will sort the pics out and post up ASAP!!

Posted

I am sorry to report that I did not see a tornado this morning in Coventry. I did see pronounced mammatus , strong cloud striations from cell to cell and what looked like a tornado out beyond the binley area of coventry. The feature did not appear to rotate and I dismissed it as strange shaped scud. Any tornado that did appear must have been before 7:15 and in another area of coventry to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Up til Midday all was calm and hot and sultry here. However at about 5 past the wind started to pick up quite a bit.

Sky that white overcast look with the odd yellow patch in places. Breeze quite cool.

It's my Birthday on Sunday and I was hoping for thunderstoms this weekend since the snow we last had here some months ago. I guess it'll by-pass us as usual! Most good weather does! :)