Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Biggest Weeds In The World...

WBSH

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

I'd just leave those in my garden, they look enough like a flower to be left where they are.

nah - at 6 foot they're quite scary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hee... my friend mows them down in her backyard all the time. It's frustrating that you usually have to mow over them twice before they'll get crushed up though - mow over them the first time, and you've just succeeding in knocking them over... once the mower goes past it, it just pops back up again to mock you. o_O

and yes, I've seen thistles taller than me... I'm 5'3" ...they sure are pretty though. B)

Posted

currently cultivating sticky buds..

fantastic torment for my cats.. LOL.. love to see them walking backwards trying to get them off.. :lol:

other than that.. me toms look well and the beetroots on its way.. the runner beans finaly found the canes thanks to some green wire.. and i have enough garlic for anyone on OON watch :)

mi peas arnt doing so well tho.. doesnt help with two 2 1/2 yearolds helping daddy keep the weeds away when im at work.. :blink: :lol: :D

little angels.. bless em..

potty

Posted

The Biggest Weeds

Some 30 years ago when my parents lived near Chichester in W Sussex, they had a very large garden with a stream at the bottom. I found a lovely plant which I just knew would love to live on the bank of the stream. So I brought a few cuttings home and planted them without my parent’s knowledge. :rolleyes:

By the time they found out it was too late!! :o

The Japanese Knotweed had settled in – in its second summer the plants were well over 6 feet tall and spreading well. By the time the hurricane of ‘87 came the bloody stuff had taken over about 50 metres of the bank and was now a thicket over 8 feet high and almost impenetrable. :)

Fortunately the hurricane blew over some huge trees and the whole area was cleared and tidied with a digger.