Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cambridgeshire Tornado (30 May)

matty8

Posted

Apparently 6 yes 6 twisters touched down across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. That's like 12% of our yearly twisters in one day. The was rotation in a cloud in Ipswich but it didn't come down or anything.

Posted
Yes, I was going crazy when I saw it dropping from the clouds. It's a feeling I will never forget. I must go Storm chasing in America now, this has done it for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will never forget it mate, never ;) And every time you remember what happened your adrenaline will rush ;) I know as it happens to me too!

Re Monday, 6 tornadoes :( Crikey and I was driving in/near to that zone. EEK!!

By the way, superb picture especially as the sun's shining too :angry:

Posted

The best tornado event I have ever seen and it all happend within miles from me! We need more events like that please! I dont care about any severe thunderstorm or Spanish plume I want a set-up like that again please!. Unfortunatly that is so rare though and even when a day can be quite thundery with plenty of storms about if the set-up isn't right tornadoes wont form.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

It's all thanks to Paul getting my picture on here, otherwise Nobody would have seen it, and that would have been awful for me as I wanted you all to see what I saw that morning. I've also had my picture enlarged and framed and it's going on the wall, I don't care what my fiance says :angry: It's amazing how there were 6 tornado's Monday morning, especially as they were all sighted in such a small area. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Wow ! Quite magnificent, would love to have seen them :D

Edited by Supercell

Guest Mr_S
Does anyone know if Friday wil be potentially stormy i.e. twisters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.... if it pulls off, i wouldnt mind a 25-30% chance of some popping up some where... But i think if storms were to happen, they would just be more of a 'heavy storm'. If no twisters then certainly some impressive storm clouds to gaze at :D

Essex, nice work man!

one thing tho, RUN COWS RUN!!!!! lol

Edited by Mr_S

Posted

Sorry but I think those photos linked by Essex Snow are fakes, I mean would he really have stood there with the tornado like that behind him. :p

Much prefer the real ones by Matty and Mammatus :D

Posted

LOL the Suns image editing team is not all that, they wouldn’t be able to fake those images, christ you just have to look at there attempts to hide blemishes on the page 3 models.

It would be nice to see larger images to see if they really are fake.

Posted

Adi, with all due respect to your photo taking/editing abilities look at the one with the white cows on. They're actually looking towards the tornado with necks arching like we would to get a better look :D

If they are real then awesome, but IMO they aren't.

Guest Sir Seany
Adi, with all due respect to your photo taking/editing abilities look at the one with the white cows on. They're actually looking towards the tornado with necks arching like we would to get a better look :p

If they are real then awesome, but IMO they aren't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No,not real photos, you would have to be blind not to see that the reflection in the water of both pictures is not exact, something doesn't add up about that dusty funnel either, maybe on of the people on here which actually saw the tornado, could back up what the lighting was in the area as well, along with the funnel :D

Posted

Ok I have just had a look at the first image and have to say that it dose look as if it is two images joined together at the skyline but I will go as far as saying it is 3 images and a bit of fake sky. Maybe the guys at the sun are getting better. Cloud is notoriously hard to fake.

I can say after being brought up with well over 400 cows they have not been faked in any way.

Posted

if they are genuine, they have got to be some of the best UK tornado pics i have seen. pity we cant save them and zoom in, i may try doing from a screen grab

Posted

dont know if this will come out properly, if not just save and zoom in, definately a fake, nice white airbrush line over cow, bush and skyline why do they bother. If only they could do that on page 3!!!!

post-583-1117664749_thumb.jpg

Edited by gaz

Posted
The most amazing thing has just happend, it started off as just a funnel cloud and then went and then came back as a full on tornado in South East Cambridgeshire. I have some brilliant pictures which I will try to add for you all to see and will send some to the local news.

enjoy!    Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was there to got video of the two tornados on me cam phone

:) .... john

tornado2.3gp

Posted
Save it to your pc then play it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done that. Then RealPlayer runs and looks for an upgrade to play the file but is unable to find one. :) It won't run on WMP either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
It runs fine on quicktime :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't run on any players on my PC. :)