Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cambridgeshire Tornado (30 May)

matty8

Posted

Great footage Matty... I take it you don't have a car, I'd have been on the tail of that one if I could! Thanks for filling the report to the TORRO DB... this ensures we keep a proper log of the events and will no doubt keep your part of the world as the tornado alley of the UK!

A shame you're having trouble uploading your video L.O. Perhaps you could email it to me at sam.jowett@torro.org.uk and I'll upload it then link across to it here? A report of what you saw would be great too. If you're having trouble loading it to the TORRO DB I can do that for you. :p

Posted
can anyone tell me how to up load the video of yesterdays funnel cloud so all can see the footage i seem to be having some problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have Windows Movie Maker? If so you can make a movie in there and then when you come to post on here you can add it as an attachment. It compresses the file so it should fit on here. Alternatively you could email it to me and I'll do it for you.

Posted

LO, I recieved your email but there was no attachment of the footage.

Posted

ok ive sent the footage out to those who wanted it , it should be with you all soon sorry about the quality of thhe vid.

ive attached two stills from the vid and circled the funnel.

Posted

Damn - we didn't get any extreme weather over the weekend in the west of Cambridgeshire. Not even a drop of rain. Weird. Just sunshine all weekend (which I'm not complaining about), but so much going on just a few miles away.

Posted

Unfortunately it doesn't upload. But don't worry, could you email the raw file to me completely unedited. By that I mean as it comes off the camera.

Edited by Thundery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

I've tried uploading my picture of the tornado I caught on Camara near Linton (Cambridge) yesturday, but it will not upload. The picture is terrific! I've managed to upload it and e-mail it to my local paper for this week, but can not get it uploaded on here for you guys and gals to see. Can anyone help? Can I e-mail it to them and they upload it?

Posted

you may need to just make the image a little smaller - if you edit in in photoshop or wherever that should do it :D

If not, mail it to me - paul@net-weather.co.uk and i'll get it on here for you..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
you may need to just make the image a little smaller - if you edit in in photoshop or wherever that should do it :D

If not, mail it to me - paul@net-weather.co.uk and i'll get it on here for you..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Paul, I'll send it to you. Thanks again.

Posted

No problem mammatus and here the images are. (problem was the size by the way). The first one is the original and the seond is one i have zoomed in on the tornado a bit :D

post-2-1117571843.jpg

post-2-1117571862_thumb.jpg

Posted
:D Thankyou Paul, you've made my day! I really wanted everyone to see what I saw Monday morning, it's a shame it's a bit late, but better late than never! :)

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Cool pic's what a rush you must have got!!

Mandy.xx

Posted

Yes, I was going crazy when I saw it dropping from the clouds. It's a feeling I will never forget. I must go Storm chasing in America now, this has done it for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Very well defined tornado. Excellent.

Posted

Sure I saw Matty8's photos on the Look East late bulletin last night... and was that Steve Storms being interviewed? His name was Steve and they said he'd just got back from 17 days storm chasing in the US...

Anyone else see it?

Posted

It's a shame that I wasn't around because it sounds like the storm affected all that area by where I live, and would have loved to have chased it, instead of being stuck here, worrying about exams!!!

My wife told me that she and the kids had seen a tornado on Monday as they drove back to London from Norfolk down the A10.

Although we had had some extreme weather first thing in north London, I was more than a little sceptical of their observations :angry:

Now I've seen the fantastic pics, I'm a believer!!

Were there any reports of damage??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Absolutely fantastic Matt! Ure very lucky and they are great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I heard about the tornadoes yesterday because there was little article about it my local newspaper "Express and Star, Walsall edition" but that was only about the one in Ely.

I hope i see a tornado one day, would be brilliant