Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 01st May 2005

Nabraxas

Posted

Morning all,

Heard a Thunderstorm here in Cleethorpes at around 0630 this morning, quite loud at times, heavy rain. Very murky at the time. Storm must have been just off the coast. Bright warm sunshine now, still misty out to sea.

Rgds

Glenn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
wwwwooooooooowwww! Don't post here much, mainly read but have to tell you about last nights spectacular!!

It started with loads of lightning in the distance from about 11pm, when I dragged myself outside to hope for the best storm yet......and yes, I was right!

About 1140pm the lightning was flashing all around non stop and then the thunder started....torrential rain, which soaked our gardens and streets in seconds, and we took some wicked pictures with our digital camera...I don't know how to post them but if someone could do it for I would be pleased to share!

There seemed to be a few storms passing over last night and it continued till 1.15am when I finally retired to my bed, to watch the lightning from my bedroom window....finally getting to sleep about 1.45.....Its a shame we didn't have a power cut last night cos I had all my candles lit ready for it.....

Hope we are in for some more tonight!!

Take care u lot!!

Carly xx

ps, if someone wants to e-mail me I will send u the pics to post!!

cugglyicklecarly@aol.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on file size, you could add them as an attachment to your post. There's a box at the bottom of each post page which says Add attachment - just click on that. However, make sure the size of the entire group of photos does not exceed 4.48mb

Posted

Here in telford

there was a real vicious thunderstorm.

I recorded over 1200 flashes of lightning between

2:30 am - 5am.

And torrential rain and large hail fell at times

Posted

Wow! what a start to May. Storms started around 5am and lasted for 3hrs. Sign of things to come I hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
no thunderstoms here yet but the storms are moving up to me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are some active cells over the Irish Sea near The Isle of Man and also something starting over Northern Ireland.

Posted

I got woken up by a loud booming thunder at five o'clock this morning, followed by heavy rain.

This is all I have seen so far.

Edit:\ StrikeAlert just went off, followed by a distant rumble of thunder.

It has been detecting sporadic activity all morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Got woken up at 4.30 by very bright lightening. Thunder and lightening carried on until about 6.00am. One heavy showery burst of rain but no hail. Got a bit gusty around 6.00am on the back end. First overnight storm we've had in years.

Posted

CarlyJay's pics from her Storm on Sat night/Sun morning..

post-2503-1114939301.jpg

post-2503-1114939913.jpg

post-2503-1114939731_thumb.jpg

post-2503-1114939846_thumb.jpg

Rgds

Glenn

Edited by GlennP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:) This is a friends pic taken last night during the storm.

lightning.jpg

Posted

WOW!!! Great pictures!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

A monumental storm...

1.45 a.m. - Distant rumbles heard, rather large rain drops falling.

2.37 a.m. - The storm was overhead...6 flashes of lightning and in an instance... BANG...the loudest and most prolonged crash of thunder I had heard in a long time. At this point the IC lightning was relentless and the thunder as incessant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Hi Guys and Gals,

A pic taken from Bidford on Avon (Nr Stratford on Avon) at 0147 local time this morning. Picture looking south towards Broadway and Ilmington of which there is a TV transmitter in that location!

Not much thunder, mainly IC and the odd CG with a bit of rain thrown in now and again.

http://img205.echo.cx/img205/1142/lightningsharper0hf.jpg

James

Edited by jamesbhx

Posted
there are thunderstorm in the borders just now

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

also starting to kick off down here here as well.. Thunderstorm developing right above me, huge downpour at moment with some hail, one flash of lightning and thunder so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
also starting to kick off down here here as well.. Thunderstorm developing right above me, huge downpour at moment with some hail, one flash of lightning and thunder so far

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had a large thunderstorm at around midnight last night, almost constant lightning, quite spectacular! Not much thunder apart from one very loud crash. Had quite a bit of rain too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Today's thunderstorms have followed the sort of pattern I expected- the bulk of the activity towards the southeast, but with some storms spreading up into the Midlands and Lincolnshire and another 'storm track' up the western side.

I can confirm phoenix's report of thunder and lightning in Morecambe Bay; I was woken up by the same storm at about 7:30am.

Amusingly, I came over to Lancaster from Tyneside just two days ago- and Tyneside missed the storms altogether as usual!

Guest Sir Seany

Here is my camcorder still so far of last nights storm, ive got plenty more where this one came from, must have recorded nearly 60 flashed over an hour an 20 minutes. It will take a while to get some excellent ones because lightning travels at the speed of light, and my finger pressing the "capture" button can only ever do so much :)

gallery_2069_23_253.jpg

Sean :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

God you're all so lucky down there! It's just been featureless stratus here for most of the day with a slight break in the clouds around 3pm.

Posted
God you're all so lucky down there! It's just been featureless stratus here for most of the day with a slight break in the clouds around 3pm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was like that this morning, the sun broke through at about 12pm leading to some convection which dissapated after an hour or so.

Posted

Good storm here in Ipswich last night. Supposed to be more tonight. Does anyone know when or how severe the storms could be in Suffolk tonight??any thoughts