Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

Posted

Is there any way I could change my username, as I would like it to be a bit more weather related? I would be grateful if a member of staff could assist me, thanks.. :)

Posted

help! wheres the GFS hPa 850 charts... i've looked round everywhere and I can't see the chart with the hPa 850 temps and the white isobars!

I would be grateful if someone sent me a link :)

thanks, Nick

Posted

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

I am setting up my weather station in Ipswich (Davis Vantage Pro2) and have just had my anemometer erected on the aerial mast. Does anyone know how I can calibrate the wind speed or check that it is roughly accurate?. The house is on a hill (for Ipswich anyway !) and is high.

I have asked (Pm'd) a forum member in Ipswich, in case they had any idea of a nearby station to check/correlate etc (or indeed had a station themselves) but they have declined to reply.

Any information/advice would be gratefully received, and when I have a data logger I am hoping to have the station listed in the members list/map etc.

Cheers

:)

Posted

To be honest I wasn't aware that the anemometers on these things needed calibrating, but I could be wrong, I'm sure some of the others with stations will be able to help you though :)

Posted

You can, click the 'click here to manage this topics poll' in a post. You can't do it in some forum areas though (such as autumn/winter).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Where should I post a request for info on weather stations, I guess 'user reviews wanted'? Thanks.

Phil

Posted

Thanks, we're trying to track that bug down, it only appears on the 18z and I thought only on thursdays, but it seems it does it on fridays too! Hopefully we'll find it and fix it soon ;)

Posted

Thanks, we're trying to track that bug down, it only appears on the 18z and I thought only on thursdays, but it seems it does it on fridays too! Hopefully we'll find it and fix it soon ;)

I hope I gave you enough evidence to nail it,

I was not sure how I could capture the page but the pdf thingy managed it pretty well. Maybe it's still dong it without waiting for next week !

(needles and heystacks comes to mind)

Posted

Ah, I've just spotted what you're doing wrong - instead of going to edit personal photo (this puts an image on your profile page on the right), go to edit avatar settings, this will then let you upload an image to appear next to your posts etc :)

Posted

No opposing views, just rob likes mild weather and i like cold, we both metal detect and frozen ground is a pain in the ass.

Also I can't seem to PM anyone, it says I'm not allowed to use this feature.

Any ideas??

I wouldnt know about the pm thing, new to nw cos i got annoyed at beeb prats in their forums, still post occasionally over there though.

I think im a colde and warm ramper, love extremes of each, hate general mildness though, it should either be warm or cold, not anywhere in between. I.E. today would be classed as a crap day, no cold or no warm

Posted

Have you possibly disabled it? If you go to my controls, then board settings, there is an option 'disable personal messenger', that should be set to no http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush.gif

thanks Paul, another BLonde moment. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blush.gif .........it happened cos i had to re register and change password forgot to redo settings, xx