Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

How far does the Netweather lightning archive go back?

I've clicked to some dates in 2005, 2007 and 2009 that i have logged, and nothing is showing up?! - Last week is showing up ok though.

Cheers.

Edited by Mapantz

September 2011 is where it starts (27th). :)

Ahh i see. That's a shame! :)

I wanted to see how it faired in July 2007 as Friday looks a bit similar.

Cheers Paul!

Appear to have lost my emoticons.  They are marked as enabled on more reply options?   Also, members' names no longer appearing at the bottom of each forum page?

• 2 weeks later...

It's the software - unfortunately, it is a known problem with the makers, IP Board, and hopefully the next update will fix it. Nothing anyone in nw towers can solve :)

Rain123 - the known problem only affects posting/updating pictures into profile avatars/photos. You shouldn't be having problems uploading photos to the gallery or into posts?

Hi Shuggee

Are you aware when the next update is?

Edited by Daniel*

How are the forecasts generated on your 7 day ones?

I've just had a look at my area for the coming week, and nearly spat my drink out laughing..

Monday: 15°C

Tuesday: 19°C

Wednesday:  17°C

Thursday: 15°C

Friday: 21°C

There's got to be a fault somewhere? It hit 19°C today, and it has been cloudy for all of it.

I'm willing to bet, it'll be some 8 to 10°C higher than those predictions.

Edited by Mapantz

Those temps do sound low, I'd think it's probably an error in terms of the placement for your location - can you let me know the town/postcode you're using and I'll check it. If you'd rather not put that up on the forum, please send a ticket from here

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=contact;sess=

BH20 Paul.

It can be a tricky one, due to being close to the coast, but, being protected by the Purbeck hills. The GFS tends to treat it as a pure coastal location and massively under performs on Max temps for here.

Some sites use observations from Hurn, because there's a lack of data around Dorset

Today's update still looks under par for my liking..

Today: 17°C

Tuesday: 19°C

Wednesday: 19°C

Thursday: 17°C

Friday: 21°C

I have 20°C now, I wait an hour for the Hurn observations to come in, and it's within half a degree of that.

I expect it is down to the GFS though, it shows Swanage at 16°C and I'm only 10 miles from there, as the crow flies, so I will be associated with that temperature, using the GFS resolution.

It's no biggy, but, I was a tad shocked at those temp projections.

Edited by Mapantz

We don't use the GFS for the forecasts,we use our NetWX models, but it'll likely be a similar problem with the proximity to the sea. We'll be able to sort it though, I'll let you know when it's been done :)

• Like 1

Hi, guys.

Quick question : how does one embed a video - say - from YouTube into a post? I've tried everything, but no joy.

TIA

You just need to copy and paste the youtube link into the post, the system will then embed it automatically - you do need to use the https version of the link though :)

I've not seen any problems, but will get the guys to check out the server stats to be sure.

cheers Ian ,will check my end also .. Seems sorted now :).. Edited by Mokidugway