Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Why is it that the reply box (which I'm obviously using now) behaves differently in Firefox to in IE? Writing this in IE can see all the buttons are operational but I could not edit a post earlier in Firefox though could do with IE. Also, using Firefox the whole post occupies one line, whereas with IE is formats more readably.

Is it to do with my copy of each browser (though I'm pretty sure my Firefox is more up to date than IE - which I dislike) or some inherent behaviour or the set up of NW?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a rather daft and not very nice comment about a member who posted a good deal of useful info into the site, re volcanoes and also the weather in Shetland. give him my regards please?

was getting a hard time off people with his volcano thread. wasn't appreciated enough for the hard work he put into the forum.

Not the best place to add this i know paul, but i would just like to say i think this new thread in the model area is going to be great and help those who want to know what's going on fast 9if like me

Posted Images

As far as I am aware the editor is the same in firefox as it is in IE, Chrome etc. I'd suggest clearing the cookies and cache and firefox and seeing if that helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to upload pictures to the forum but I keep getting an error message: "Upload Skipped (Error 500)". I've recently bought a new camera and I know it's something linked with this, I didn't used to have issues with uploading pics. I can upload pics from my new camera to other sites ok (e.g. Facebook).

Any ideas? :)

The files are JPEGs. Is it something to do with the file size? The pics are around 6MB from my new camera, but the max file size is stated as 10MB on the uploader for NW.

Checking...

post-1056-0-78547300-1430148880_thumb.jp

All seems to be working ok at the moment, you could try shrinking the pictures down to a more manageable size to see if that helps.  Otherwise I'll ask the techier heads on the team if they have any ideas.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Checking...

attachicon.gifStack of Pancakes nr Climax Kansas w.jpg

All seems to be working ok at the moment, you could try shrinking the pictures down to a more manageable size to see if that helps.  Otherwise I'll ask the techier heads on the team if they have any ideas.

Shrinking the pics has worked, I'm not having a go but it's a pain to have to shrink pics each and every time before uploading them. Is there a quick way I can shrink pics on my computer rather than opening them, resizing and saving pics individually? I've had a look but can't see anything on my laptop. I know this is outwith your remit but any help would be much appreciated? Plus, can you recommend a free photo editor along the lines of Photoshop?

Morning peeps. Is the feels like in the 10 day forecast still set on winter mode? I ask the question as the minimum temp is often below freezing and the max doesn't ever seem to go above the ambient temperature.

Thanks

Ian

No, it's all automatic now, so if temperatures get above the mid-teens it switches to using the heat-index, below that it'll use windchill. 

• Like 1

Am still not entirely sure what you're meaning Pete, you can get to your messages I think you said, so what's going wrong beyond that?

I decided to change my profile photo and started by deleting the old one. But now I can't get any photo to upload, including my old photo, so I'm faceless!!

I've clicked on 'browse', selected a photo and pressed 'open'. The Netweather photo editor box shows the twirler going around (to signify it is uploading) and then puts the file path into the box next to 'browse', but no photo arrives in the crop screen (it remains blank). Argh!

I hope that makes sense and someone can shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks.

Not sure what may cause that - can you upload the photo into a post ok?

Thanks for the prompt response Paul. Here's the photo I'm trying to upload as my profile pic. Clearly uploads OK here.

post-20040-0-23594800-1432667503_thumb.j

Edit: If you are able to put the photo into my profile, please go ahead! I'd be very grateful!!!

2nd Edit 26th May: Still not working 24 hours on. I've tried switching off the firewall and even tried another laptop. It would appear to be a problem with the Photo Uploader/Editor software used for Profile pics??

Edited by Blessed Weather

We're still looking into this currently, it's not affecting everyone so hard to pin down.

Thank you Paul. I've also submitted an enquiry to the Netweather (Zendesk) Support ( number #6248) and have had an acknowledgement (as follows) but no solution yet.

Hi Malcolm,

We are taking a look at it now.

Regards,

Guy Mears

EDIT: I've just spotted that my Profile Photo has re-appeared!! Don't know who's fixed it for me, but many thanks. :)

Edited by Blessed Weather

I'm finding that when i use my phone or tablet (mobile site) It isn't remembering cookies. ie; Returning to the mod thread, on the same page, it always starts at the top of the page rather than the last post i read. I'm sure this was working before?

I'm starting to doubt myself now, but does it only work when you click the latest thread that shows up on the main forum page?

Hi Paul and the netweather team, it isn't letting me upload pictures. I click upload, and nothing happens. For example today I wanted to change my profile picture. I pressed the button to open a picture, pressed open and then it said that it was uploaded. I clicked 'done' and it hadn't changed it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rain123

Hi Paul and the netweather team, it isn't letting me upload pictures. I click upload, and nothing happens. For example today I wanted to change my profile picture. I pressed the button to open a picture, pressed open and then it said that it was uploaded. I clicked 'done' and it hadn't changed it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rain123

Hi Rain123. There is, in my opinion, a problem with the picture upload and editing software within the My Profile facility. I had the same problem - see my posts 3116 and 3118 a page back. I can upload pics and charts within any thread, but not within My Profile. The Netweather team have kindly re-installed my old Profile pic, but I've not had an answer as to why this facility is not working properly. Until I hear that this has been fixed I'll hold back from trying to change my pic again!

Paul and support guys - this needs sorting please. Any further thoughts on what's causing this problem?

It's the software - unfortunately, it is a known problem with the makers, IP Board, and hopefully the next update will fix it.  Nothing anyone in nw towers can solve :)

Rain123 - the known problem only affects posting/updating pictures into profile avatars/photos.  You shouldn't be having problems uploading photos to the gallery or into posts?

• Like 1