Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 04th March

PB22

Posted

A good 3 hours of Snow fall which started at 9 this morning in Faversham. As far as I saw there was no rain or even sleet. Now thawing as temperature above zero.

Posted

Strangely the warm front split over my area :D

Heavy snow to the E and heavy something to the W.

Here a shower of graupel dusted the ground then it rained for 15 minutes and left very icy surfaces :D

However the following cold front/trough about midday was much more active. A half hour downpour of rain then some hail and wet snow briefly with very gusty winds :D

Posted

Central London - Euston Underpass

Got to say.. very odd, a sudden HEAVY downpour turning quickly from Sleet to Snow to Rain!!!!

Can't seem to make it's mind up!!

... hmmm.. Completely unexpected..

Is anyone else in London experiencing this?? Not sure what temps are, but would have thought it's much too mild..

:blink: :blink:

Posted

This morning snow started at about 7am and lasted until around 9am, had a fairly deep covering of around 2 inches widely, the snow was very heavy and it never really turned to rain afterwards just some sleet (the snow was still on the ground at around 11:30 before melting). That no doubt, was the best snow event of the winter for me as before all i'v had is snow showers which havn't settled apart from light sprinklings at night but nothing really. The cold spell really hasn't done justice to Cambridgeshire, we have missed out greatly! And as for this winter, well Kent may have had snow but thats the game really some places get it and others dont and I certainly dont think this winter can be called 'A good winter' for the U.K as a whole, just 'a good winter' for the south east and any other lucky spot. Had a light sleet shower a little while ago and its still pretty cold out there! I might well have a better chance of snow with a northerly/north easterly.

Matt

Posted

i ended up with 4cms this morning

but then i found out colchester, about 15 miles away from here had 6 inches :blink:

just had a heavy hail shwoers, which then turned into an extremely heavy, blizzard like snow

snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There was a hail shower at 2pm.

Posted
Another snow shower right now in Aberdeen.

And by the looks of the met office rader, there will be many more to come tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just started to snow in Newcastle-absolutely throwing it down but with current temperature of 3c is not settling much.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

BLEEZARD SWEPT IN TO LOOTONS 7AMS TODAYS AND GAVE 2CM COVERINGS IN HOUR! WHITEOUTS AND HEAVY HEAVY SNOW IS FELL FOR HOURS AND SCHOOLS IS CLOSED AND CHAOS AND KIDS IS MADES SNOWMANS AND SPECTACULARS SCENES! LUSHIOUS WEATHERS! THE ME IS FILMED AND FILMEDS AND TOOK PICCIES THAT THE ME IS WILL POSTS SOONS!-3.4 LASTY NIGHTS , FREEZINGS BEFORE SNOW IS CAMES! SHEEVERINGS IN BED ALL NIGHTS! HOT WATER BOTTY IS TURNED COLDS!

CLOP OF THUNDERS AT MIDDAYS!! NOT HEARD ITS BUT REPORTEDS BY RELIABLES SOURCE! :blink:

SNOW IS ELTED SO QUICKLYS COS RAIN IS CAME RUNNING AFTERS!

Edited by mr_crazy_snowfan

Posted

The band of precipitation split over us in the night, hense having nothing at all when I wooke up this morning. Very heavy rain at around 8am this morning followed quickly by squally hail showers. A few light hail and snow showers this afternoon. A lot of thawing happened today, more than any other day since last thursdays major snow event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Just over a 1cm fell this morning, turned to hail for about an hour. Interesting weather today all in all! :blink:

Posted
BLEEZARD SWEPT IN TO LOOTONS 7AMS TODAYS AND GAVE 2CM COVERINGS IN HOUR! WHITEOUTS AND HEAVY HEAVY SNOW IS FELL FOR HOURS AND SCHOOLS IS CLOSED AND CHAOS AND KIDS IS MADES SNOWMANS AND SPECTACULARS SCENES! LUSHIOUS WEATHERS! THE ME IS FILMED AND FILMEDS AND TOOK PICCIES THAT THE ME IS WILL POSTS SOONS!-3.4 LASTY NIGHTS , FREEZINGS BEFORE SNOW IS CAMES! SHEEVERINGS IN BED ALL NIGHTS! HOT WATER BOTTY IS TURNED COLDS!

CLOP OF THUNDERS AT MIDDAYS!! NOT HEARD ITS BUT REPORTEDS BY RELIABLES SOURCE! :blink:

SNOW IS ELTED SO QUICKLYS COS RAIN IS CAME RUNNING AFTERS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/q

They closed the schools because of a 2cm covering that is totally ridiculous up where i live thats just a a dusting to us basically :blink:

Edited by derbyshire_lad

Posted

MCS Loooooooooooooooton

you obviously need a woman!

Posted

Sharp snow shower. Snow lay for a few mins then melted. Temps down from a high of c 7C to c1.8C (using someone else's readings). DP -1.4C. So why the heck is it melting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Amazing morning. Snow started about 9.00am and did not stop untill 12.30pm

Snow cover of 5cm when it finally stoped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Recent snow shower in Lancaster left about a one-third dusting, mainly on the car roofs where up to a centimetre settled locally.

That's five occasions in the past couple of weeks when snow has covered approximately one third of the ground here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

It's snowing in Wigan right now(amazingly), it will probably be the last we'll see this winter