Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & Central Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
i think its nearly time to take down the snow watch threads lol. little snow for the foreseeable future really.

Yes.....its time to start thinking about summer and thunderstorms...How about a Convective Disusussion/Thunderstorm watch for the midlands instead GMG? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nonsense, still plenty of life left in this Winter yet. It snowed 5cm here on April 8th last year, we still have half of February and all of March to play for yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Nonsense, still plenty of life left in this Winter yet. It snowed 5cm here on April 8th last year, we still have half of February and all of March to play for yet.

Rubbish...winter is full of horrible things like 'cold' and 'wind' and stuff, things that make my back ache, & joints creak....Yes, Andy, I'm getting old, and as you can probably guess, I'm officially 'de-ramping' as we didnt get any laying snow last night.....lol........and besides, posts like the one I made, helps stir up the proverbial hornets nest, keeping this thread going..... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

sadly i think thats it for snow maybe for the rest of february, looks like staying cold and dry for a few days, the 'form' of this winter id say we should see more snow in march

last night my first minimum above zero, had wet snow last night did stick a bit, patches of snow still left from last week, suppose the cold spell still going, but a few frosts this winter not exciting, normally would be

1st feb

2nd feb

3rd-4th feb (dusting overnight 3rd)

5th feb

8th feb

7th feb (dusting overnight 6th)

9th feb

all days ive had snow falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Cant understand why folks say there wont be more snow this Winter, theres plenty of time for more snow, just take a look at next weeks chart....

post-6830-1234291870_thumb.jpg

Posted

Frosts are exactly what I`m looking for now just to keep my snowcover and it`ll get more solid. :D

Had 10 consecutive air frosts so far,this is getting like early January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
Frosts are exactly what I`m looking for now just to keep my snowcover and it`ll get more solid. :D

Had 10 consecutive air frosts so far,this is getting like early January.

snowyowl, could you please tell me how much snow is in the Beautifull Elan Valley and Rhayader and Llangurig, ? thankyou. :D

Posted

This place is like a morgue at the moment considering some rain/sleet and snow showers'' are forecast for the region starting between 6 or 7am. :D some could get a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Thought you may find this ineresting, it was published in the Harborough Mail last in October 2008.

Weather tips from Joyce

Published Date: 16 October 2008

LOCAL amateur weather forecaster Joyce Dunkley of Little Bowden, has produced her forecast for the autumn/winter, based on observations taken at the autumn equinox.

She has warned of a cold winter, with the worst of the weather in the New Year, when there could be spells of heavy snow.

December will bring a cold, but mainly dry, few weeks but it should be milder around Christmas.

Miss Dunkley correctly forecast a misty start to October, dry and a few sunny days, but we should be prepared for high winds in the last two weeks.

November will be an unusually bright month, cold but dry with a few misty days and an odd frost.

There will be a cold and windy start to January with a little sun and frosts, turning even colder with a strong chance of snow after the 20th.

February will be the worst month of the winter, cold and windy with heavy snow for the first two weeks. March will be changeable with the possibility of snow showers.

The full article contains 176 words and appears in Harborough Mail newspaper.

Page 1 of 1

* Last Updated: 14 October 2008 12:35 PM

* Source: Harborough Mail

Here's the link to the web page.

oops missed off the link to Harborough Mail

http://www.harboroughmail.co.uk/news/Weath...oyce.4591503.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

With all the long range forecasts dotted about there was bound to be one or two right!

Posted

Hope you're right Lancs Northants. (Except for the rain bit anyway!)

What snow did accumulate last night/early hours of this morning here in Solihull has now all but gone.

(Awww!)

I'm figuring that after the snow ceased after midnight, it must have turned back to light rain which would explain why Stoke on Trent had little or no snow as their wet PPN must have came back down over my area in the early hours. (I was in bed then anyway so who knows??)

But even if it doesn't snow again this Winter, it's a February that many of us will remember for a long time to come. :)

Phil.

Posted
Hope you're right Lancs Northants. (Except for the rain bit anyway!)

What snow did accumulate last night/early hours of this morning here in Solihull has now all but gone.

(Awww!)

I'm figuring that after the snow ceased after midnight, it must have turned back to light rain which would explain why Stoke on Trent had little or no snow as their wet PPN must have came back down over my area in the early hours. (I was in bed then anyway so who knows??)

But even if it doesn't snow again this Winter, it's a February that many of us will remember for a long time to come. :)

Phil.

Still got loads here Phil.

Posted
snowyowl, could you please tell me how much snow is in the Beautifull Elan Valley and Rhayader and Llangurig, ? thankyou. :)

I have no idea :D ,I`m sure some other welsh folk will know though.

All I heard this morning on the news was there was a foot of snow in SE Wales but didn`t say where.

I can see the nearest hills just west of here have lost there snowcover as they are facing the sun,no worrys here yet total snowcover.

There maybe a few wintry showers coming in tomorrow midday. :o

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I have been from Cheltenham to Cambridge and back today. The roads were all fine. There was patchy lying snow in Cheltenham, then in the Cotswolds there was a good and total covering of 4"+ until Burford-ish, then from Burford to Oxford there was a more sporadic covering. In Oxford snow was patchy and inconsistent from there on until the Stokenchurch area in the Chilterns where there was a thin covering on some of the hills. The southeastern limit of snow (albeit a thin layer) seemed to be around Beaconsfield. Heading north from the M25 there was a thin layer of snow on the low hills approaching Cambridge and in Cambridge there were a few bits and pieces of snow leftover.

Posted

Pleased to see that our W Midlands & Central England posts have been posted into the archive section.

Something to reflect back on, the good banter, joys and sorrows too as regarding snowfall.

Thanks N-W team. :)

And on that note... Me going to :)

Goodnight and sleep well. :)

Phil.

Posted

We have sleet here!

Posted

It's snowing!! :doh:

Posted

This front is behind time,coming in now instead of midday,all forecast incl GFS showed it at the same time.

You could say it`s mild today 8c in Wales :doh: 10c in the SW made 5.5c here feels mild to what we`ve had,cold in the east 2c

Cold air coming in,may get something wintry looking at the radar.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs092.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

wet snow here, temp 1.3c